Suppressor Fun - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-01-2009, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Suppressor Fun

Finally stepped into the subsonic world.
YouTube - Shhh

YouTube - Bipod view

BIG RED JEEP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-01-2009, 05:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Cool vids.... I need to break mine out... I bought one several years ago that fits 22/223 and had it threaded so I can move it around. I have a Ruger 10/22 that makes a sweet little hush puppy...

That bolt action is quiet as hell!!.... like a whisper.

post #3 of 7 Old 08-01-2009, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I plan to do some testing for the AR (5.56) platform next. Mrs. H8T2W8T loves these "reduced" .308 rounds.

BIG RED JEEP

post #4 of 7 Old 08-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
Cool vids.... I need to break mine out... I bought one several years ago that fits 22/223 and had it threaded so I can move it around. I have a Ruger 10/22 that makes a sweet little hush puppy...

That bolt action is quiet as hell!!.... like a whisper.

Where would I be able to buy one for a Ruger 10/22?

08 JKU X - Flame Red w/ a few Doo Dads
post #5 of 7 Old 08-02-2009, 05:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge8604 View Post
Where would I be able to buy one for a Ruger 10/22?
I bought mine at a place in Corpus Christi, Texas called Shooters Depot. crazy Greek dude owns it, I am sure that PhilD is familiar with him. That place has some wild stuff - lots of shorties and and quite a few suppressors including some made of carbon fiber and a new system that he patented. I believe they do mail order, and you have an option to get an integrated barrel suppressor or one that screws on, I have threads on the end of my 10/22 and a cap that fits over the threads when the suppressor isn't on... I use an adapter to get it on the ruger pistol.

He does make one mistake in the vid - early on he calls it a "silencer" what is funny about that is that I saw him chew a customers ass out when they asked to see a "silencer" he went on and on about how that was Hollywood crap and all... then he posts a vid where he says the same.. he is a little crazy but a fun dude - and his wife is usually at the store - they are a perfect match.

I thoughg that H8 would be interested in this vid too... it shows his system on several diff weapons (including a .223)
YouTube - A.R.I.E.S. Suppressor System

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert; 08-02-2009 at 05:29 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-02-2009, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Tell me that's not supersonic ammo he is using with those?! That's retawdid shhified for supersonic ammo. It would be truley "hollywood" quiet with subs.

EDIT-I own a Windrunner (M96)-I wonder if he plans on stepping up to the bigger cals?

BIG RED JEEP

Last edited by H8T2W8T; 08-02-2009 at 07:21 AM.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-02-2009, 07:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8T2W8T View Post
Tell me that's not supersonic ammo he is using with those?! That's retawdid shhified for supersonic ammo. It would be truley "hollywood" quiet with subs.

EDIT-I own a Windrunner (M96)-I wonder if he plans on stepping up to the bigger cals?

Not sure if it is sub or not.. you can hear the snap in some of them... others are pretty quiet..... it would be awfully damn amateurish to use supersonic when pimping a suppressor system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode