AK-47 Trigger Sticking - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

AK-47 Trigger Sticking

Question for ya!

A buddy has a new Rom. AK-47 and has broke it down to clean it...He has tried to shoot it two different days and he said he is getting a sticky trigger...He said he can shoot 3 rounds and then the trigger sticks to the rear of the trigger guard...He takes it all apart and cleans it then he may shoot 2 rounds before it sticks again...Sometimes he said he may get 4-5 rounds off before it sticks...Any ideas?

Thanks.

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TF 3" Kit w/4 Arm Flex Kit, TF HD F & R Adj. Track Bars, TF HD Steering Stabilizer, Yukon 5.13 gears, CenterForce II Clutch, Black Rock Soft 8's 16x8, Cooper Discoverer STT 315/75/16, RR XHD Front w/Stinger, SB XRC Rear w/Carrier, KC 130W Slim Lights w/Windshield Mounts, Xenon Flat Fenders, SB XRC8 Winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Granite Guru

Was it functioning prior to first cleaning.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

He shot 2-3 mags without a problem but for some reason he went to shoot it and this time it is sticking...I was there when he first shot it and you could rapid fire it so i don't know what is wrong...

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TF 3" Kit w/4 Arm Flex Kit, TF HD F & R Adj. Track Bars, TF HD Steering Stabilizer, Yukon 5.13 gears, CenterForce II Clutch, Black Rock Soft 8's 16x8, Cooper Discoverer STT 315/75/16, RR XHD Front w/Stinger, SB XRC Rear w/Carrier, KC 130W Slim Lights w/Windshield Mounts, Xenon Flat Fenders, SB XRC8 Winch
post #4 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Granite Guru

Did he invert the hammer spring or not reassemble it correctly?
post #5 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Skype™ to rage344

get rid of the commie weapon and buy an m-4

Riverraider Rubicon 2 door (under construction)
[QUOTE=priell3;158092] you have the old style with dirty balls.QUOTE]
post #6 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Rock God

tell your buddy its done, you cant fix sompthing like that.....But he can send it to me for disposal

.[___]

(OllllllO)
{}--o{}
post #7 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I don't know what it is...I am going to see about taking to my gun guy where I bought my AR's...It worked fine and he said that he never cleaned it after we shot 200-300 rounds...He went out to the range about 3 weeks later and now it is sticking...I haven't seen it yet but I will have to break it down and see if I can see anything out of place...Any ideas?

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

post #8 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Fistfull of Boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage344 View Post
get rid of the commie weapon and buy an m-4
I have a few "commie weapons" that will make most M4 clones its b!tch

Define "stick". like not return forward?

ok, check the folowing:
Make sure both of the arms of the trigger/hammer spring are over the trigger "arms"
Make sure there is no crap or whatever that is getting under the trigger "arms"
Make sure the axis bushing is not binding or too long (the axis pin for the trigger goes through a bushing or tube. the tube goes through the trigger and disconnector)

I polish the pins on all my AKs. Just pull the pins and hit them with some emory cloth while chucked in a drill, then finer sandpaper till nice and smooth.

Doc-14 Tactical Products:
When it absolutely, positively needs to be made from random crap found in the back of my garage.

post #9 of 16 Old 06-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Rock God

who said anything about a clone

post #10 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
Define "stick". like not return forward?

ok, check the folowing:
Make sure both of the arms of the trigger/hammer spring are over the trigger "arms"
Make sure there is no crap or whatever that is getting under the trigger "arms"
Make sure the axis bushing is not binding or too long (the axis pin for the trigger goes through a bushing or tube. the tube goes through the trigger and disconnector)

I polish the pins on all my AKs. Just pull the pins and hit them with some emory cloth while chucked in a drill, then finer sandpaper till nice and smooth.
Yes that is what he is describing...He said the trigger needs to be forced forward...Will shoot a few rounds ok and then not return to the forward position...I will pass the info on to him and I will try to check it out this weekend...THANKS a bunch!

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

post #11 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Fistfull of Boomstick

Quote:
who said anything about a clone
seeing as you can't own a real one at all and your state will barely even let you own a neutered version of a clone, so I have no clue what you think you have to say about this.

When it absolutely, positively needs to be made from random crap found in the back of my garage.

post #12 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Granite Guru

"Make sure both of the arms of the trigger/hammer spring are over the trigger "arms""

This is what is most likely happening. An improperly assembled hammer spring or inverted hammer will allow the hammer to cycle normally for a few rounds before it becomes fubar'd if it is not reassembled correctly.

One other thing to check is if the Shepard's hook (crook hook) is put back the right way. This can cause problems as well.

If the axis pins are the problem then it would have been noticed after the first 30 - 60 rounds fired before he disassembled the weapon, not always the case but grinding them down does help.

If it was firing as advertised prior to first cleaning then there was a problem with his reassembly of the weapon.

Here is a good website for him to go look at:
http://www.guerrillagunsmith.com/akdetailed.htm

Last edited by mike_engle; 06-09-2009 at 07:48 AM.
post #13 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Rock God

Quote:
seeing as you can't own a real one at all and your state will barely even let you own a neutered version of a clone, so I have no clue what you think you have to say about this.
im active duty so mine is a real one

post #14 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Granite Guru

Nothing wrong with an AK.
Mike is on it! Check to see that it is assembled correctly.

This A1R is one of the best rifles I've ever owned.

post #15 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Fistfull of Boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_engle View Post
One other thing to check is if the Shepard's hook (crook hook) is put back the right way. This can cause problems as well.
I ditch that for hairpin clips on all of my AK's. Holds better and easier to install/remove

Quote:
im active duty so mine is a real one
I can't take mine home either and my clones shoot better than my work one anyway
although SOCOM has the cash for some better blingity optics than me

post #16 of 16 Old 06-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I ditch that for hairpin clips on all of my AK's. Holds better and easier to install/remove
I was just trying to keep it simple.

Semper Fi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode