Switched power (ignition) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-15-2009, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Switched power (ignition)

Does any of the switched power turn off as soon as the ignition is turned off instead of staying on for the ~15 seconds after you turn off the car like the Accessory power jack does???

I'm looking for somewhere to tap my alarm system into. The switched power locks and unlocks the door locks. Currently I'm using the accessory power jack so my doors to auto unlock until it powers down ~15 seconds after you turn off the vehicle.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Alec W

Try the M9 fuse socket in the Jeep fuse box under the hood, itís for the heated seats that you probably donít have. I used a horseshoe type of terminal to tap into it.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-15-2009, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yes M9 is just what I'm looking for but does someone know of a similar lead or even that one and how it is marked and where I can find it in the dash so I don't have to run a wire out the firewall and into the fusebox? I just want to tap into one in the dash.

Thanks.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Alec W

Poke a hole through the foam where I ran my wires through the firewall. Itís an easy run to get a switched feed to the glove box area.

post #5 of 7 Old 02-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Alec W

The other side comes out on the corner part of the cowl (think that's what you call it).

post #6 of 7 Old 02-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Alec W

I did a wiring write-up of sorts on my web site. http://www.myprojectjk.com/myproject...lectrical.html
post #7 of 7 Old 02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Red Sunrise=Not Pretty

Send a message via MSN to bfj aka tambil

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithro View Post
Yes M9 is just what I'm looking for but does someone know of a similar lead or even that one and how it is marked and where I can find it in the dash so I don't have to run a wire out the firewall and into the fusebox? I just want to tap into one in the dash.

Thanks.
It doesn't

Alec W has shown the easiest way!

Proud to be an American
Shamed of our government

Native Floridian = MUD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode