best off road lights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-28-2008, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

best off road lights

Im shopping around for some off road lights. i plan on mounting the first set up on each side of the window cowl. Im looking for something that will light up down range. Ill probably add another set later on the bumper with more of a fog pattern or just replace the factory fogs with something more powerful. How bout some input and pics. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Wheeler

I like my Lightforce lights. They have optional filters for driving in rain, snow and also have spot and flood filters. + the lenses are made of lexan so there's no worry about rocks being kicked up from other cars breaking your nice new expensive lights.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm running two 6" KC slimlights 100w driving lens on the lower windshield mount and they're OK. I'm probably going to switch out with two KC slimlights 130w pencil beam and then move the driving pattern lights in front of the grill.

If money's no object and your looking for max. brightness, then check out the 42" Xmitter..

http://www.visionxoffroad.com/led/xmitter/
post #4 of 9 Old 12-28-2008, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

what model lightforce are you using?
post #5 of 9 Old 12-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Granite Guru

I am running Grote Trilliant LEDs

They don't draw many amps and can be run off the factory switch.

They are solid and VERY powerful lights.

Grote product info: http://www.grote.com/product.php?product_number=63771

http://christopher-willis.smugmug.co...42_aNgyF-M.jpg

http://christopher-willis.smugmug.co...93_YoF6U-M.jpg

http://christopher-willis.smugmug.co...70_mpBwy-M.jpg

http://christopher-willis.smugmug.co...51_WXS56-M.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU-JK View Post
Im shopping around for some off road lights. i plan on mounting the first set up on each side of the window cowl. Im looking for something that will light up down range. Ill probably add another set later on the bumper with more of a fog pattern or just replace the factory fogs with something more powerful. How bout some input and pics. Thanks

2008 JK Rubicon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For pics see my gallery (thread pics are gone)
Unimog u 1300 steering axles, Full hydro front and rear, 8.1 l Vortec big block with nv4500
post #6 of 9 Old 12-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU-JK View Post
what model lightforce are you using?
I have the Striker 170's on my bumper then when funds allow I will get the Lance 140's to mount on the windshield.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Rock God

I'm running 100w KC's on the windshield, you can't beat the 23 year warranty, even covers the bulbs.

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Rock God

I too am running LightForces', (4) 140's on my front bumper. They are very nice lights and the filters are a really cool option too. I am running two clear and two yellow lenses for rain and fog and they work great! I have also been running (4) Baja Designs Fuego's in the 100w Halogen version and I am about to replace them with the HID's versions and so they should be really bright. Overall, for the money and options you can't go wrong with the LightForces' as any HID are really over prices for general offroading.

Ben

Ben Hedrick
Projects:
2011 6.4L VVT SRT8 HEMI Rubicon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 6.1L SRT HEMI JK Unlimited Rubicon
2007 5.7L HEMI JK Unlimited Sahara
2002 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2003 6.4L Stroker HEMI Jeep AEV Brute
2005 4.0L Jeep AEV Brute
2014 5.7L HEMI JK Unlimited Rubicon eXpedition Jeep

post #9 of 9 Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyMtnRubicon View Post
I like my Lightforce lights. They have optional filters for driving in rain, snow and also have spot and flood filters. + the lenses are made of lexan so there's no worry about rocks being kicked up from other cars breaking your nice new expensive lights.

I have wanted to get some of these,I hear nothing but good things about them--- been without a wheeler for 5 years, so busy with work for everyone Else's rig
I do have some PIAA's with hi/low rectangle size ( I don't care for size )that run $500 I took in trade over a year ago, Still in a box I wonder how they work
Hella makes some nice ones too, also like the look of the hi/low bean warns at $350 a pair

COVER of 4Wheeler mag DEC 2010...right now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode