TJ Rubicon locker switch to control JK lockers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-30-2007, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

TJ Rubicon locker switch to control JK lockers

Have there been any write-ups or wiring diagrams to show how to control the JK Rubicon D44 lockers with the locker switch that comes with the TJ Rubicon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Granite Guru

Looks to me that a switch can't be used, but take a look. http://www.jeepfan.com/tech/JKLockerHacks.php

WHEN in DOUBT, GAS-IT !

EARTH FIRST! We'll JEEP the other planets later!
post #3 of 11 Old 10-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ????? View Post
Have there been any write-ups or wiring diagrams to show how to control the JK Rubicon D44 lockers with the locker switch that comes with the TJ Rubicon?
On what? Are you talking about adding JK Rubicon D44s to something or is this on a JK Rubicon.
post #4 of 11 Old 11-01-2007, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
On what? Are you talking about adding JK Rubicon D44s to something or is this on a JK Rubicon.
I'm talking about adding JK Rubicon Axles to a 2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon. If I could keep the axle lock switch that is already in the dash of my TJ Rubicon to control the electric lockers in the JK Rubicon axles, that would be great.

Getting the 'front axle lock' and 'rear axle lock' lights in the guage cluster to flash while trying to engage or disengage and then remain constant when locked would be a plus too.

I'm really not that familiar with how the TJ Rubicon switch works either, but with some more research I could probably find more info.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I'm talking about adding JK Rubicon Axles to a 2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon. If I could keep the axle lock switch that is already in the dash of my TJ Rubicon to control the electric lockers in the JK Rubicon axles, that would be great.

Getting the 'front axle lock' and 'rear axle lock' lights in the guage cluster to flash while trying to engage or disengage and then remain constant when locked would be a plus too.

I'm really not that familiar with how the TJ Rubicon switch works either, but with some more research I could probably find more info.
I don't know about the blinking, but I don't think it would be that difficult since you would just wire it direct using relays. The JK is, of course, electrical and uses an indicator for locked/unlocked. I'm pretty sure it would be easy to determine what the indicator reads back out and have that relayed back to the dash lights for the locker indication.

I don't know that I've seen someone use the axles yet though to offer an actual write-up. But I'm thinking it wouldn't be all that difficult at all by just separating the switch and indicator lamp away from the stock wiring all-together (worse-case scenario)
post #6 of 11 Old 11-01-2007, 05:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

the lights and switch (up to relay) might be controlled byt the can-bus system to.

'91 YJ-woods beater-lift and stuff
'98 ZJ-5.9 lowered street jeep
'13 WK2-5.7 daily tow pig
post #7 of 11 Old 11-01-2007, 06:30 PM
TrailDuty.com

The lockers are pretty basic 2 wire circuits and the axles have a locked indicator, so I would think it should be pretty simple. I don't know the TJ Rubi wiring, but I would have thought it would not be difficult to set it up for the new 44's.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
The lockers are pretty basic 2 wire circuits and the axles have a locked indicator, so I would think it should be pretty simple. I don't know the TJ Rubi wiring, but I would have thought it would not be difficult to set it up for the new 44's.
How come it was so hard for me to try to say the same thing?
post #9 of 11 Old 11-02-2007, 05:15 AM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
How come it was so hard for me to try to say the same thing?
post #10 of 11 Old 11-04-2007, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Sounds like I should be able to make it work by running the wires from the TJ switch to the front and rear lockers instead of the front and rear air compressors that power the TJ lockers. And then run the JK indicator wire from the axle back to the TJ indicator wire.

They're still assumptions though since I haven't taken the switch and locker wiring apart yet.
post #11 of 11 Old 11-04-2007, 05:12 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Sounds like I should be able to make it work by running the wires from the TJ switch to the front and rear lockers instead of the front and rear air compressors that power the TJ lockers. And then run the JK indicator wire from the axle back to the TJ indicator wire.

They're still assumptions though since I haven't taken the switch and locker wiring apart yet.
That's what I would of thought also, I don;t think it should be difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode