Which MyGig Mic? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-09-2008, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Which MyGig Mic?

Hello,

I just recently got two microphones for the MyGig RER radio from friends who have moved onto aftermarket radios and I'm trying to figure out which one I should use in my MyGiG system.

I've got the standard MOPAR microphone (~40.00) and a NAV-TV microphone (looks like a raised circle mic). I've been told the NAV-TV mic is around ~80.00-110.00 (I'm sure the NAV-TV folks could correct me). I think this is the same microphone that's included with their AllGig setup.

My initial reaction is to use the NAV-TV one since it's more expensive but then I think about the factory warranty etc if I use the MOPAR one. I also like the look of the factory one a bit better but not willing to sacrifice quality if the MOPAR one is in fact worse.

Can anyone comment on quality between the two? Any personal preferences with them?

Thanks in advance!
Trailm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Wheeler

Just cause it's more expensive doesn't make it better.
I'd use the mopar one since you like the looks better. They will both sound similar as 95% of the sound quality comes from the signal processing in the mygig.

Cheers
post #3 of 3 Old 11-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Rock God

Garage
Post mopar one

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
Just cause it's more expensive doesn't make it better.
I'd use the mopar one since you like the looks better. They will both sound similar as 95% of the sound quality comes from the signal processing in the mygig.

Cheers
I have the Mopar Mic. I mounted it on the left side of the radio panel near the top. It works OK as long as the windows are up and the A/C is no higher than Lo. I have a hard top and have added insulation to the inside roof. At freeway speeds I have to turn up the volume a little.

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode