horn inop and cruise intermittent - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-11-2017, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down horn inop and cruise intermittent

I have a 2012 JK that I put larger tires on. I used an AEV programmer to adjust the speedometer. At the same time I turned off the tire monitoring system. Now that I did that my horn does not work and the cruise control is intermittent. Does the TPS need to be on in order for the horn to work?

Side Note: Before I reprogrammed it the horn worked fine and the cruise was intermittent. I could reset the cruise by honking the horn three times. However, since horn does not work this fix does not work any more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-11-2017, 08:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

My horn quit when the clock spring went out

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Use the programmer to set it back to what you had and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.

post #4 of 11 Old 05-11-2017, 08:51 AM
Granite Guru

I think coincidence with the clockspring if your cruise was already intermittent. I have a new in box clockspring for sale cheap if interested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 Old 05-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Rock God

it is the clockspring and jeep just sent out letters saying they have like a 15 year warranty on clock springs now so take it in. cant remember the exact length of warranty but any jk of any year will be covered.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Granite Guru

Good luck getting a dealer that has the part in stock for teh recall. I did not want to wait 7 months to get mine fixed, specially since it is airbag related. If you are driving the jeep without repairing at a minimum disable your airbag for the time being for your own protection.

post #7 of 11 Old 05-12-2017, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I was going to try changing everything back but didn't know if I would make things worse or not. So I will reprogram it back to the original settings and report back.

Do anyone have the tech service bulletin number for the clockspring?
post #8 of 11 Old 05-13-2017, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Well I reset everything back to factory and the horn did not work. When I programmed everything back in the horn never beeped to show that it accepted the reprograming. I know it the program mods as the low tire pressure warning light is off. It was on when I cleared everything.
So based on the comments above the next thing I should do is replace the clock spring. I will let you if that fixes it or not.

Side note: The AEV control module had no instructions on how to do the reset. After some searching on the web I found that to do a total RESET DIP switches 1-3 are up and 4-9 are down.
post #9 of 11 Old 05-16-2017, 11:59 AM
Rock God

Just a side note on the cruise control, I've replaced my switch twice already in my 08. Something in the switch seems to go bad after a while. I've also replaced my clock spring twice but the cruise control issue wasn't related to the bad clock springs.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-16-2017, 12:35 PM
Rock God

This is what fails in the CC stalk.

My new switch is starting to act up too. I believe if you aren't ginger with it every time you hit/push/pull on the stalk it over travels and stresses that internal tit. Eventually failing.

2007 JKU Sahara
5.3/6l80E
Teraflex 44 front, Stock 44 rear
Bastard lift
post #11 of 11 Old 05-16-2017, 03:05 PM
Rock God

I took mine apart and all seems functional, nothing appeared to be broken and it didn't make a funny noise. I just haven't gotten around to testing for continuity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode