"Road Shock" off-roading lights? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-12-2008, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

"Road Shock" off-roading lights?

Has anyone heard of these? A local tool supply store sells them for $17 a pair at 100 watts each. Are hey worth a damn?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Maybe go back to that store and see if you can take em out of the box to take a better look at them. You could at least see if they look/ feel like they're worth a damn. You might also see if they have a web site or google Road Shock lights and see what comes up. If they have good customer feedback, warranty, and customer support than that would be a steal at $17 pr. I've never heard of them either.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredKender View Post
Has anyone heard of these? A local tool supply store sells them for $17 a pair at 100 watts each. Are hey worth a damn?
Are these from Habor Freight? I so they work good. They also carry some HIDs off roads 9" look good but very chrome.

Good luck with your purchase.

Rubicon Unlimited, Rescue Green, Warn bumper, Aux lighting, Warn Powerplant, Warn dif protecectors, Rock Hard Rear Bumper all accessories, 5.38, 37x12.50MT on 17"Moto Metals, Edelbrock Extreme Travel shocks, Russell ext S,S, brake lines, Superlift 4'' CAI, Magna Flow, Cobra CB, Staun deflators, Huskey mats, Grab Handles, set up to flat tow, Oil, tranny, shock, muffler & control arm skids, , Chrome, sils, grill inserts & light cages.
post #4 of 12 Old 09-18-2008, 10:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

yeah if they're the harbour freight jobs they're decent.
I have 6 of them on my rig - 2 of them I converted to true HID.
biggest issue I have with them is that they don't have much adjustment down beyond horizontal without modifying the mount a little.
So make sure your mounting surface doesn't angle up very much or you'll be 'possum hunting in the trees....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-18-2008, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks guys. I ended up getting them and getting some 130watt h3's from SnappyLights. I have the wires ran (no relay yet, but I will get one soon) and am trying to figure out where to mount them right now, but I have no drill so it may be a bit.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

It is against the law to own a jeep and not have a drill.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-18-2008, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I know, I lack a dremmel too.

In my defense, I had a nice impact drill, but where I used to live I got broke into 4 times in a 6 month span and lost 3/4 of my stuff (including tools, vintage records [i.e.: Hendrix, Joplin, ac/dc, Alice Cooper, Foghat, Chicago, etc] and 3 ps2 units).
post #8 of 12 Old 09-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Damn! That bites! As I've been the victim before too...all I can say is "I would rather be the one that works hard for the things I have, than the SOB that feels the need and the lack of concience to steal from others." Still sucks though. My biggest fear has always been if I get my guns stolen...and subsequently they are used to commit more aggressive crimes.

BTW- I would be lost w/o my drills and my dremel...Hope Christmas comes soon for you man.
post #9 of 12 Old 09-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
...My biggest fear has always been if I get my guns stolen...and subsequently they are used to commit more aggressive crimes.
MORE agressive crimes? You just use yours for average crimes?

Just yanking your chain!!!!
post #10 of 12 Old 09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I just realized that the way I wrote that could give someone that impression! Well, you know what I meant. Funny interpretation
post #11 of 12 Old 10-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Granite Guru

Hey, in California, mere possession is a serious crime!

I'm not originally from the South, but I got here as fast as possible! (and AWAY from CA).
post #12 of 12 Old 01-16-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredKender View Post
I bought these lights for my tractor about a year ago and I love them. excellent value for the money. I run a golf course and put these light on my tractor to pick up range balls. My guys pick up early very early about 4:30 am before we open at 7 am. there are brite and give excellent visablity and you cant beat the price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode