Wayalife: Round w/e it's up to now. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Wayalife: Round w/e it's up to now.

So, I've been a member of WAYALIFE for a while. I always enjoyed the videos on YouTube. They all seemed like great people (and for the most part they are). Tack me up on the list of people who pissed off fearless leader Kim Jong Eddie (FL from here on)

He posted an email a customer sent him about not receiving a complete order. In all fairness, FL offered the guy a refund and he missed $0.50. Guy emails bitching about $0.50, it's refunded too. Little mistake w/e right... Eddie felt the need to toss this crap up on a public forum to get some sort of payback against the guy for saying his oversight of the full amount to refund seemed shoddy. You screwed up the guys order, then screwed up his refund. That is shoddy. "Something that is badly made or done". Yup works well here. But FL was butt hurt none the less.

The following was my comment on this issue:

"I get that mistakes happen sometimes. I feel like you did the right thing, offering a refund. He asked for the decals to just be sent, which I feel is also fair.

I don't get the point of you posting this up though. It's like those dog shaming photos you see everywhere. I get being upset, concerning his response to you, because that was a little bit out there...but this issue is between you, the owner, and him, your customer.

Seems a little childish/vindictive to post this up, after you reached a resolution with him.

I've been in and out of these forums and a WAL fan for years. Whether it was following some great builds, searching for solutions for little issues here and there, or watching the amazing JK Experience and other off-road videos. But now that I've made the attempt to be more active on the forums, I see a lot crazy stuff. It's like this site is reminiscent of an old western movie. What is there to gain from dragging him out into the street? For everyone to see you set an example? "Have an issue, or don't agree with something...let's see what the entire forum thinks"

Like the previous people stated, for those who understand all you and Cindy do for this group and how you two keep it running smooth...think this kind of reaction to a minor slip up is ridiculous. The ones who don't get that...don't matter. So there's no need to publicly shame this guy. Unless you just like publicly shaming people."

Fair statement right? Saying hey, your kinda being an ass overtly sensitive to this guy's mean words to you.

Needless to say FL and his minions jump all over me and call me numerous names, including self-righteous, while they crucify me disagreeing with them. The irony in this logic was only lost on them haha They say I'm being sensitive and dot get why I'm sticking up for this guy. According to what I said, saying he was overreacting and later calling him a douche for getting bent out of shape over $0.50, I thought I was talking about Eddie, not defending some random I don't even know. But I digress...

So this goes on, I even suck up my pride I send FL my phone number so he can call me and we can clear the air and move past all this. He refuses because he doesn't want to hear me preach to him. I was wanting to explain myself/thought process and apologize if he felt like I was attacking him. But he wouldn't do it. He banned me, but not before this happened:

Originally Posted by dwvninety:
It's getting late, and your mom needs to tuck you in since your getting cranky.

My response--
She passed away 2 years ago, almost to the day...so I doubt that can happen. It's best not to mention someone's mom, as you don't know just how offensive that can be. Hope you feel wonderful about that comment now. You sure showed me huh? Asshole.

He replies:
This is the best news I have heard so far from your self righteous mouth. Glad she's not around to see how you have become a self proclaimed messiah. To bad the best part of your dad dripped down your mom's legs leaving your sorry ass inside of her..........good night asshole

This is acceptable on WAYALIFE, Eddie said nothing to him about it and left that comment showing. This is acceptable to that pretentious prick, but me saying that airing out your personal dirty laundry, of customer interactions, isn't professional is enough to get me kicked off the forum. Why? Because it's "MINE AND I CAN DO AND SAY WHATEVER I WANT".

You can read it all yourself right here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...ou-fired/page2

And here's the original thread he posted the convo with the customer (they moved them because more people were arguing with me than saying he was right):

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...ot-shoddy-quot

You'll have to delete the space I put between the : and //.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by aWIGHTguy; 03-08-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 04:49 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Dear Leader does not give two shits about anyone but the almighty dollar.
kjeeper10 and jkwebbie like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 04:59 AM
Rock God

That's pretty pathetic...It has to take a lot of effort to maintain that level of doucheness all these years. Fucking prick.

2009 Deep Water Blue Wrangler Unlimited X
37x12.50x17 Cooper STT Pros on KMC Machetes
Synergy 3" Coils/Rancho 9000XL Shocks
Currie Antirock
Yukon 5.13's
Sleeves/Gussetts
JKS Rear Trackbar
ProRock 44
Front/Rear ARB Air lockers

post #4 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 05:49 AM
Cod
Mall Crawl Champ!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

It's a dog pile mentality over there all it takes is for one to bark the others just start piling on. If you've been a member there you'll see this weekly, it shouldn't take long to realize how it is.

You must of really got under his skin, he banned you.

Ya gotta love watching those lemmings jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.

Last edited by Cod; 03-07-2017 at 06:16 AM.
post #5 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 06:21 AM
TOTL Innovations

I hope you have a chance to meet dwvninety someday without a keyboard for him to hide behind.
aWIGHTguy, BlackOps82 and jkwebbie like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Rock God

Consider yourself fortunate. You took the red pill and escaped from that shithole.

Now you can hang out with people who have integrity.
jkwebbie likes this.
post #7 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 06:44 AM
Rock God

I'd heard some pretty fucked up stuff on the internet before, but I think that comment takes the cake.

He describes getting a cum shot so poetically, like he knows how to take them. Probably has taken a few from the ole lemmings..

2010 2 door manual sport
post #8 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 07:36 AM
JKO Addict!

At least you are out of that group, too bad he will keep you a member but not activate you so he can earn more on advertising sales. I have read a couple threads over there and have meet DL and a couple of the minions ( they live in the next town over) and know I would last about 2 posts there before getting the ban hammer.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New to jeeps, check this link
post #9 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Cod
Mall Crawl Champ!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
At least you are out of that group, too bad he will keep you a member but not activate you so he can earn more on advertising sales. I have read a couple threads over there and have meet DL and a couple of the minions ( they live in the next town over) and know I would last about 2 posts there before getting the ban hammer.
Surprisingly Eddie Banned Him.... as I said earlier he must of really gotten under his skin.

Of course aWIGHTguy did dig up one racist, however they won't look at it that way, if you didn't read that part,

From some guy named jessee3638
Quote:
Your screen name rubbed me the wrong way from your first post. It may not mean anything or being you're in GA it may mean how I took it. I could have PM'd you to tell you this but I honestly don't think you'll care. Just like we don't really care about your perspective and opinion. That's the greatest thing about this country. Freedom of speech, no matter how hurtful, distasteful, left, or right it is. In other places he'd have been drug out in the street and shot for his message. Just saying.
aWIGHTguy's response.

Quote:
I would have loved for you to PM me. I could have told you that it's where my family is from, the Isle of Wight. And I'm a guy. But you assume that because I live in GA, and you can draw some strange relation (the color is spelled white btw) that I must be racist. Got it. Lol

It's ok though I get it. Game of thrones uses the same spelling for their Wight Walkers. Meaning undead monster, and I take offense to that relation as well haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.

Last edited by Cod; 03-07-2017 at 07:48 AM.
post #10 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 07:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Yes he bans people but keeps them as members to pad his numbers. He did the same thing on JK-forum when he owned it. He is just looking for the next big payoff like he got there.Thats all fine and good but people need to realize DL does not care a bit about the jeeping community, just the money he can make off it and the celebrity status it give him.

Some build info here:

New to jeeps, check this link
post #11 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I'm a dick but I'm a dick on my own dime. I do care about the community as well as for individuals themselves. But you have to be willing to communicate and evaluate someone's sincerity and integrity... also helps to be humble... not narcissist. Internet stroke-fests and flex-sessions are certainly nothing new but there should be a point where your own identity fortifies your words. Internet points are pretty worthless. I understand wanting support and feeling good when others validate your thoughts, but to create a show just for the sake of throwing your balls onto a triple-beam is just pathetically juvenile. When you give some throttle and spin donuts out in a muddy field, it should be because you're having fun... not because you're showing off.

Fwiw- Don't let morons like that get under your skin. Cringe is the internet-chic these days. Hell... we might even have a thread or two over here that some may deem "strange" or "unsettling". Anyway... don't take any of this from me. We're all just a bunch of losers over here. Welcome to jkowners.
BlackOps82 likes this.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #12 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Granite Guru

every time i see a WAL banner on a jeep I cringe.
jvandy50, BlackOps82 and jkwebbie like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Subsection 2. - Are you a fucking retard? Get the fuck off JKO and tell her you want to hold her like a bowling ball while she gobbles your Wife's kitty like a hungry Asian. Jesus, since when did Men need advice for shit like this?
post #13 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

Another jeeper sees the light. Too bad you had to wait until his eye turned on you to see that he and his captains are merely dark and impotent shadows.
Welcome to JKO. You can post full links without censure.

Quote:
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
post #14 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
I hope you have a chance to meet dwvninety someday without a keyboard for him to hide behind.

Me too, it's real easy to be a tough guy on the internet. It's another to have the steel to say even half of that to my face. The best revenge is knowing that one day this punk is gonna be standing at the pearly gates and he'll have to answer for comments like this.

I think that's the big disconnect I had with those jerkoffs. I was raised in small town where it was considered common decency to keep private things private, and not to use your position of influence to put other people down. I guess people don't like it when you walk into "their house" and tell them that public hangings aren't tolerated these days. Because that's all FL was doing. There was nothing to gain from showing off a convo he had with a customer, other than publicly ridiculing him. But calling him on his BS makes me self-righteous. How does anyone comment on another's actions then???

I'm over it. I hope they all sleep well tonight having enjoyed sucking at the tit, while keeping silent concerning the disgusting comments their members make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Rock God

I always laugh when they refer to wasteolife as ed's house. He lives in the internet? Sure he looks like a cartoon, but I thought he was a real person albeit a strange one.
post #16 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to DaCrazyRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
I'd heard some pretty fucked up stuff on the internet before, but I think that comment takes the cake.

He describes getting a cum shot so poetically, like he knows how to take them. Probably has taken a few from the ole lemmings..
He pretty much stole that line from Full Metal Jacket. Not original, but can't discount his OWN experiences.

Tracy E /
/
/

“When you do things RIGHT, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.” God in Godfellas-Futurama
Life is Risk Management
post #17 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 04:27 PM
Rock God

I am amazed at some of the comments they make to people. Especially coming from someone that is running a business. Honestly their attitudes over there would prevent me from buying from some vendors.
post #18 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 05:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Haha he called him out on his "but what would i know im just a mall crawler" comments. Fucking douchecanue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
aWIGHTguy, BlackOps82 and jkwebbie like this.

2007 JKR | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor l SteerSmarts YETI tie rod and flipped drag link | Synergy frame brace | Superlift front track bar l 37x12.5x17 MTR's on MB72's | Adams front DS | Rancho 5000x shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | RK rear track bar | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | Fox ATS | VKS sliders l Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors |
post #19 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Granite Guru

Unfortunately, me and the Dirtman live fairly close to Eddie (he still uses his kid name, cute!) I was banned and I'm proud of it. I also stood up for someone that was being reamed. Luckily I was able to tell pony tail dude exactly what I thought of him on his site for everyone to see before getting the boot ! lol
aWIGHTguy and jkwebbie like this.
post #20 of 103 Old 03-07-2017, 09:58 PM

I too am new here and recently left WAL. The info they have is great but the dictator attitude sucks. "This is my house and if you don't like it, help yourself to the door" is bullshit.

Hope to figure out how to use this forum. This forum seems to have more categories than WAL.

Is this forum larger than WAL? Seems like they have 30k members but only the same 10-15 respond and flame members that don't agree with them.
post #21 of 103 Old 03-08-2017, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJeepCa View Post
I too am new here and recently left WAL. The info they have is great but the dictator attitude sucks. "This is my house and if you don't like it, help yourself to the door" is bullshit.

Hope to figure out how to use this forum. This forum seems to have more categories than WAL.

Is this forum larger than WAL? Seems like they have 30k members but only the same 10-15 respond and flame members that don't agree with them.
I thought that they were larger in terms of registered users but not sure because I won't give that place any clicks. We are over 50,000 here but just like with any forum in 2017, the population of those that actually post is significantly lower. Main difference here is that we WANT there to be debate and discussion regarding any and all kinds of stock to wildly modified tech and every kind of homemade and industry-level innovation in between. Regular users around here know that tech is a sacred place... not to be muddied up with off-topic nonsense nor trolling. There is no bias here when it comes to tech... I mean there are fans of particular companies and particular products but we don't censor nor do we allow misinformation to run amok. Here on jowners, our tech people are just about the best to be found anywhere on the interwebz. Chat section and subsequent off-topic threads are sometimes pretty rough when it comes to certain topics but we've always maintained the suggestion that if you're going to engage in passionate topics like politics, that you come prepared for lively banter and that you have a thick-skin. Forums in general have slowed down from what they were some years ago but no matter how large or small... this is a community of true Jeepers first and foremost... not a Jim Jones themed lemming recruiting-camp.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #22 of 103 Old 03-08-2017, 04:57 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by da20captain View Post
I am amazed at some of the comments they make to people. Especially coming from someone that is running a business. Honestly their attitudes over there would prevent me from buying from some vendors.
Exactly why I buy nothing that is EVO. Mel was so far up his ass at the time I now not only don't buy anything EVO, I will go out of my way to persuade others from buying anything EVO.
ChuckTheRipper and 1eviljk like this.

Currie Antirock
Yukon 5.13's
Sleeves/Gussetts
JKS Rear Trackbar
ProRock 44
post #23 of 103 Old 03-08-2017, 07:20 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Yes he bans people but keeps them as members to pad his numbers. He did the same thing on JK-forum when he owned it. He is just looking for the next big payoff like he got there.Thats all fine and good but people need to realize DL does not care a bit about the jeeping community, just the money he can make off it and the celebrity status it give him.
Its funny you mentioned that, I ran into a guy about 2 years ago down here in TX. I bought some parts from him that I found on craigslist. Of course we talked jeeps for a minute, and he went on to tell me what a crook eddie was and how he basically fucked him over big time on some sort of financial deal they were partners on. It was something to do with jk-forum.
post #24 of 103 Old 03-08-2017, 08:16 AM
Granite Guru

Wayalife: Round w/e it's up to now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Scott View Post
Exactly why I buy nothing that is EVO. Mel was so far up his ass at the time I now not only don't buy anything EVO, I will go out of my way to persuade others from buying anything EVO.

I couldn't agree more on what everyone is saying about Eddie. I have dealt with him personally and he's about as arrogant as it gets. Mel on the other hand is not. Have you dealt with him one on one? I have, and he is anything but arrogant. He always goes out of his way for the customer. Even if that means using parts that aren't his. If he was kissing up to Eddie it was because he wanted his business to get known.
BlackOps82 likes this.
post #25 of 103 Old 03-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconJeep View Post
I couldn't agree more on what everyone is saying about Eddie. I have dealt with him personally and he's about as arrogant as it gets. Mel on the other hand is not. Have you dealt with him one on one? I have, and he is anything but arrogant. He always goes out of his way for the customer. Even if that means using parts that aren't his. If he was kissing up to Eddie it was because he wanted his business to go known.
I went to Mel when Ed-tardo gave me his "You're an asshole" ban page to let him know how he is treating potential customers. Mel banned me from his FB page and never discussed anything with me. He may not be arrogant...but that action cost him business. From me and the many others I recommend to not buy his stuff.

Northridge on the other hand, David reached out to me, asked me to call him...and we talked for 20 minutes about the shit going on. I still buy from Northridge today.
aWIGHTguy and ReconJeep like this.

Currie Antirock
Yukon 5.13's
Sleeves/Gussetts
JKS Rear Trackbar
ProRock 44
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode