can someone summarize as to what happened b/w Poly and Jk-Forum - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 11-15-2007, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

can someone summarize as to what happened b/w Poly and Jk-Forum

i never heard the true story, and before i get my ass handed to me, id like to know what the hell happened that Poly was banned from there

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 11-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
i never heard the true story, and before i get my ass handed to me, id like to know what the hell happened that Poly was banned from there

thanks
same **** different day
post #3 of 36 Old 11-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

thanks
no

2007 JK Unlimited Rubicon. Superlift 4", ProComp extreme alloys, 35" MTZ's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

wow you guys have been a tremendous help

thanks
post #5 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Rock God

Ask both sides what happened. Then you decide what's the truth. I don't think anyone here gives a crap about stuff like that.
post #6 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Gib
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
Ask both sides what happened. Then you decide what's the truth. I don't think anyone here gives a crap about stuff like that.
Yep, listen to both of them, if Eddie will even discuss it, and you decide. Only the people that were involved really know what went on.
post #7 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

I think everyone is giving you great advice. I, personally, haven't a clue. I have speculation based upon track history and past events but the real story, I do not know and honestly I really don't care.

I'm glad no one is wanting this to become a rumor and campfire stories thread.

post #8 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Rock God

Quote:

thanks
I don't want to hand your ass to you, I want people to know what happed. We definitely made some mistakes and did some things that was probably were not a good idea. A lot of it was a personality conflict, we do well on the Pirate board because it fits who we are and what we do, it is a totally different vibe and atmosphere than over t there on project-jk, Shaffer and a few other companies have had similar problems. Here is the short version:

-We meet Eddie and he takes pictures of our JK products in Moab at EJS, Eddie solicits us to advertise on his website. We had already been watching his website and wanted to advertise when we had products ready.

-July/August-We are ready to start advertising and contact Eddie about advertising, he had some hesitations about it because he did not want to have competition to Northridge, 4wd hardware and other resellers already on his website. We wanted to be there as a manufacturer not a reseller, so he agrees. All of a sudden he backs out, basically Full-Traction did not want him to let us on the board.

-We start running magazine adds and made the mistake of using one of the photos of our JK from his website, Eddie gets pissed about it so we change the magazine ad.

-not being allowed to be a paying advertiser, our posts were edited and eventually banned from the board, we had a few anonymous user names to answer questions people had about our products that were banned as well when Eddie figured it all out.

-Any one who posts about our products on his website gets the response from Eddie about what a crooked, dishonest business we run and to not buy anything from us.

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!

Last edited by GOAT1; 11-17-2007 at 03:32 PM.
post #9 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

thanks Goat

i really appreciate your answer, you are right Eddie will not talk about it.

So no-one really knows what is going. Your side really clears it up

i like your products a lot and its a shame that he will not let us talk about it on his forum
post #10 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Rock God

Your at the free world now. Thanks for the compliment and I appreciate your support.

Quote:
thanks Goat

i really appreciate your answer, you are right Eddie will not talk about it.

So no-one really knows what is going. Your side really clears it up

i like your products a lot and its a shame that he will not let us talk about it on his forum

post #11 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT1 View Post
Your at the free world now. Thanks for the compliment and I appreciate your support.
Is posting here taking time away from bumper designing/building? Particularly, the rear bumper with tire carrier?
post #12 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I don't want to hand your ass to you, I want people to know what happed. We definitely made some mistakes and did some things that was probably were not a good idea. A lot of it was a personality conflict, we do well on the Pirate board because it fits who we are and what we do, it is a totally different vibe and atmosphere than over t there on project-jk, Shaffer and a few other companies have had similar problems. Here is the short version:

-We meet Eddie and he takes pictures of our JK products in Moab at EJS, Eddie solicits us to advertise on his website. We had already been watching his website and wanted to advertise when we had products ready.

-July/August-We are ready to start advertising and contact Eddie about advertising, he had some hesitations about it because he did not want to have competition to Northridge, 4wd hardware and other resellers already on his website. We wanted to be there as a manufacturer not a reseller, so he agrees. All of a sudden he backs out, basically Full-Traction did not want him to let us on the board.

-We start running magazine adds and made the mistake of using one of the photos of our JK from his website, Eddie gets pissed about it, we then pay Eddie for the use of the photo and change the magazine ad.

-not being allowed to be a paying advertiser, our posts were edited and eventually banned from the board, we had a few anonymous user names to answer questions people had about our products that were banned as well when Eddie figured it all out.

-Any one who posts about our products on his website gets the response from Eddie about what a crooked, dishonest business we run and to not buy anything from us.
Definitely the high-road explanation about what happened. Very accurate without fingering some of the questionable things Eddie did.

Kudos
post #13 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
Is posting here taking time away from bumper designing/building? Particularly, the rear bumper with tire carrier?
It is a week at SEMA, a week in Baja and then Thanksgiving. After that it is back to business, we have been working on getting our suspension parts done which will be very shortly, then bumpers.

post #14 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 11:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks for sharing, Goat. Not that it's really any of our business.

I like the new rear bumper and sliders. Does it have to have the holes in the rear bumper? What are they for, ventilation?

I am extremely interested in availablity dates for your Front Track Bar Bracket and High Steer Draglink Flip Kit. Your site says taking preorders for Nov. 12. I love the reinforcement it gives to the factory mount and I need to level the track bar and drag link. Does the Stabilizer relocation bracket come with it?

Thanks again.
post #15 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
Thanks for sharing, Goat. Not that it's really any of our business.

I like the new rear bumper and sliders. Does it have to have the holes in the rear bumper? What are they for, ventilation?

I am extremely interested in availablity dates for your Front Track Bar Bracket and High Steer Draglink Flip Kit. Your site says taking preorders for Nov. 12. I love the reinforcement it gives to the factory mount and I need to level the track bar and drag link. Does the Stabilizer relocation bracket come with it?

Thanks again.
Thanks for the interest, the track bar brackets and draglink are finished, just waiting to package them up and write instructions so they should be available soon.

I like tube bumpers but what is behind them is exposed and is not usually very visually appealing. We put plates between some of the tubes to cover it up, the flared holes are not very necessary, some people like them, some don't, but they do allow you to use thinner material and keep or even increase the rigidity of the panel.

post #16 of 36 Old 11-16-2007, 12:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thansk Goat1. I like the bumper, just wonered what it would look like with a solid plate.

Thanks for the update.
post #17 of 36 Old 12-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Rock God

Someone pointed out that Eddie has copies of the whole TSB sent to dealers stored on his site..... I wonder, considering his penchant for copyright issues, if he has saught Chrysler's permission to store the dealer version of the PDFs.

It's written at the top of the TSB's pretty clearly:

Quote:
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of Chrysler LLC.
post #18 of 36 Old 12-08-2015, 11:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Did we ever figure out what happened?

JKUS Sort of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 36 Old 12-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
Did we ever figure out what happened?
Probably something like "I see your schwartz is bigger than mine!" and it all went downhill from there.
post #20 of 36 Old 12-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnoxious1 View Post
Probably something like "I see your schwartz is bigger than mine!" and it all went downhill from there.
So that's why he only likes a very select few.
post #21 of 36 Old 12-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Is that why he likes you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyd View Post
What the fuck is that?? Looks like a faggot wagon!!!
post #22 of 36 Old 12-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Plum Crazy

Garage

Quote:

-We start running magazine adds and made the mistake of using one of the photos of our JK from his website, Eddie gets pissed about it so we change the magazine ad.

I can take pictures! I would love to go to MOAB and take pictures of your products. Next time you send me and I will let you on advertise on my website! And you can use my pictures in a magazine ad anytime you want just as long as you credit me!
EDIT: You probably all ready found a photog as I just realized how old this thread is...

Last edited by Jeep Momma; 12-08-2015 at 03:12 PM.
post #23 of 36 Old 12-08-2015, 03:17 PM
JKO Addict!

2007? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
As BSack would probably say, the rewards of doing for others while seeking nothing makes one rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Momma View Post
Had to google this...
post #24 of 36 Old 12-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Rock God

I see Indiana Jones has been busy raiding the archives again....

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But the Marines don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

post #25 of 36 Old 12-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingtrail View Post
I see Indiana Jones has been busy raiding the archives again....
Would it be fair to say, "This thread was more dusty than Abe Lincoln's nutsack when MR LIKA picked it up"?

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

<-- Random crap you might find useful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode