well, "the other forum" just pissed me off - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Fistfull of Boomstick

well, "the other forum" just pissed me off

I sent a PM to another member with a link to here and it was FAWKING EDITED !!!!! sorry but screwing with PM's is childish even if it is a bot to detect "jkowners"

hold on while I post a random link to an off-road product and not have it edited www.rockstomper.com OMFG !!! a non-edited link

Doc-14 Tactical Products:
When it absolutely, positively needs to be made from random crap found in the back of my garage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Granite Guru

Will you please send me a link to this site and bash FT a little in it as well.

I actually have nothing wrong with my FT kit, i just know Eddie has it so deep in his mouth for them he can barely speak. Who wants to be he has there new long arm kit sitting in his garage as we type this?

2007 2Dr JK Rubicon, Black
FT 3" HD Economy Lift
FT Adjustable Front Track Bar
K&N Air Filter
JRE Hinge Mounted Mirrors
ProComp 1069 17x9
35x12.50x17 BFG M/T's
JRE Bumper
JRE Rock Sliders

Need Ski or Snowboard Gear?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Granite Guru

hahhahaha, it is deleted already. 10:54pm I got a reply in though

FT 3" HD Economy Lift
K&N Air Filter
ProComp 1069 17x9
35x12.50x17 BFG M/T's
JRE Bumper
JRE Rock Sliders

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Fistfull of Boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkRuby View Post
hahhahaha, it is deleted already. 10:54pm I got a reply in though
you noticed

This is a copy of a thread I started there, it was deleted along with all of my posts on that forum. I hope it makes you decide if you want to remain a member there.
Quote:
sorry but I will be no longer an active member of your forum and I highly doubt this thread will even last long and that is one of the reasons I am going.

If the admin wants to read this then fine, maybe it will improve your site. But this thread is not for you, its for everyone else.

I joined here because it was one of the better laid out JK forums and was not the BS drama of JeepsUnlimited, that along with other things changed.

I first noticed my links to ANYTHING being changed, this got old after a while. Yes I know they want to "support your vendors" but it is a little overkill. You are trying to make your vendors have a monopoly on parts by limiting the information available and that is complete BS. Its a competing market and if your vendors do not want to match prices or carry a product then it is their loss not yours.
Deal with it.
A few of the MUCH larger forums I am a member of seem to survive just fine without this little link edit game.

I had my posts edited and messed with for no "real" reason.

Today was the last straw of BS with that. You edited one of my PRIVATE MESSAGES !!! I sent a link to another member about a new JK forum and either automatically or in person someone edited my PM. That is childish and retarded.
"private massage" my ass. so now I can't even have any privacy here?

I asked about a "FAQ" thread and still the forums are overrun with "will 15" rims fit?" and other posts that flood the forum. That was ignored/denied
The longer you wait the more worthless posts you will have.
That's one of the main reasons I stopped "regularly" posting is I was sick of wading threw 6 pages of the same posts just to find any "new" info.

Oh and back to the drama this forum has turned into just another JU. Admin and moderators getting butt-hurt and tied up in "regular" member issues. Sorry, that's just lame no matter what your excuses are.

Now that Pirate has its own separate JK owners forum I see no need to get tech here tainted with annoyances. That and they allow the input and desires of the "regular" members to change the website. Oh and I can post links....and not have my PM's screwed with
I am leaving up all my posts and tech unless this thread is deleted and then I will remove all of my posts seeing as my input will be deemed inferior.

I am glad I met a lot of the cool people from this forum and I will probably meet them again. You all can decide if I am right or wrong but either way I am done. Thanks for the info and you all have a good night.

When it absolutely, positively needs to be made from random crap found in the back of my garage.

post #5 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Fistfull of Boomstick

ok, now is time to be a child

post #6 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Granite Guru

I am throwing out little hints over there to see what happens. These hints will grow more obvious over time.

You know what is really funny? that one of the moderators is an active member of another forum, and posts pictures of WOL stuff on there. That is ironic.

FT 3" HD Economy Lift
K&N Air Filter
ProComp 1069 17x9
35x12.50x17 BFG M/T's
JRE Bumper
JRE Rock Sliders

post #7 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Fistfull of Boomstick

Quote:
I am throwing out little hints over there to see what happens. These hints will grow more obvious over time.

You know what is really funny? that one of the moderators is an active member of another forum, and posts pictures of WOL stuff on there. That is ironic.
just to get this out in the open now

NO BOARD WARS !!!

anyone who starts that **** will get a warning and then band. If you notice I am NOT going to post that forum link here nor will i link here from there. I do not wan't nor need trolling in here and I would not do the same to another site.

ok now that is in the open I just want to know who is being the child over there. I played this game over there before and that BS pissed me off. If you are going to delete/edit/whatever my posts at least have the sack enough to man up to it.

post #8 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Granite Guru

Was that a reply you got form them or what you are saying?

I noticed your reply in my post was deleted along with the seocond good bye thread.

FT 3" HD Economy Lift
K&N Air Filter
ProComp 1069 17x9
35x12.50x17 BFG M/T's
JRE Bumper
JRE Rock Sliders

post #9 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Wheeler

I just want to say I feel your pain. I really want to post what you wrote in another thread for my self just to end my relationship with that place. But I still continue to get Pm's from new members hitting me up for info on some of the actual technical threads I wrote. It's a catch 22 I want to leave and give the middle finger while doing so but I also don't want to be like the owner and not allow new members the chance to learn something new and cool about there ride.

Jeep: 07 Wrangler X 2DR Black
Crime Guard Alarm with 2way pager, AFE CAI, DynaPro Exhuast
M.O.R.E. Body Lift, Source Co2 Tank, Stubbied Stock Front Bumper
KMC XD 795 Hoss Black 17" wheels and Maxxis Bighorn 305/70/17 tires
Every mod in the write up section.

Old Jeep: 04 Wrangler X Yellow Built To The Hilt For Three Great Years.

POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB #2
post #10 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Fistfull of Boomstick

Quote:
Was that a reply you got form them or what you are saying?

I noticed your reply in my post was deleted along with the seocond good bye thread.

no that is what I am saying.

NO BOARD WARS !! no body from here go to another forum to troll.

Right now this is my own personal BS that I am dealing with Same crap as before: some moderator with no nuts deleting my posts without manning up to it. This is NOT the first time this has happened there to me.

post #11 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Fistfull of Boomstick

Robar just sacked up thats all I needed to know

post #12 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Granite Guru

Oh, i am not going to troll not my intent.

I knew it had to be Robar becuase he was the only mod on at the time.

FT 3" HD Economy Lift
K&N Air Filter
ProComp 1069 17x9
35x12.50x17 BFG M/T's
JRE Bumper
JRE Rock Sliders

post #13 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Fistfull of Boomstick

Quote:
Oh, i am not going to troll not my intent.

I knew it had to be Robar becuase he was the only mod on at the time.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Troll

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

whatever, fawking pussy. At least when I edit/delete someones post I let them know it was me instead of hiding behind some e-tough persona or some crap. He is the same fawktard who played this game with me when I first got there.

This is why I like Pirate 4x4 and why HERE will kick arse as well. Less games and drama.

post #14 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Granite Guru

Shoot, guess that means you will just have to spend more time here

FT 3" HD Economy Lift
K&N Air Filter
ProComp 1069 17x9
35x12.50x17 BFG M/T's
JRE Bumper
JRE Rock Sliders

post #15 of 169 Old 10-06-2007, 09:55 PM

Hey.. I am from that board but I changed my name.. The Mod Cops seem to jump on the delete/ban thing to easy.. I have a few things going on over there.. Once that gets resolved, I will be over here from now on.. But because of that I didn't use my name from over there. I am not a troll..

I just didn't realize what was going on until I came across this board.. I was wondering what happened to alot of the long time posters.. I really didn't have any idea it was so bad.. Reading all the posts on this board about what is going on.. My eyes are open and I have seen the light...
post #16 of 169 Old 10-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Granite Guru

unfawkingbelievable. it's like a big middle school girls clique over there now I guess. I can't believe they seriously banned you and deleted all your post.

2007 JK Unlimited Rubicon. Superlift 4", ProComp extreme alloys, 35" MTZ's.

post #17 of 169 Old 10-07-2007, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Fistfull of Boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan View Post
unfawkingbelievable. it's like a big middle school girls clique over there now I guess. I can't believe they seriously banned you and deleted all your post.
I can

post #18 of 169 Old 12-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Wheeler

Kind of a dead thread but I am running into the same thing over there, mysterious post's vanishing, being edited, pm's disappearing.

I guess if you aren't interested in making your Jeep look really cool and tough with rock slider's, bumper's, wiches and the biggest AT's you can fit on a stock wheel you are an outcast there anyway

Oh well, I'm home now.
post #19 of 169 Old 12-21-2007, 03:58 PM
gcg

My suggestion: Don't put up with the BS. Don't reward the little control freak by frequenting his forum. The only value that a forum has is the number of members. When you remain as a member, you add value to the site. If you don't like the way the little control freak runs things, then resign as a member. Otherwise, you are just rewarding and encouraging the same old childish behavior. To use the language of the previous poster, just "sack up" and resign rather than try to walk the thin line.

Just my opinion.
post #20 of 169 Old 12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
F JK-FORUM

The jk-forum is a JOKE! I could not stand the guy when he was on the jkboard! I can not even post there.....I was warned when I started my account, he knew who I was! I love this jkowners board..cool place..no censorship and yours posts are un-edited..what more can you ask for?

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #21 of 169 Old 12-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Rock God

ha, I tried to put JKowners in my signature because i put any site I like in my sig but when i hit "preview signature" button i got this error message;

"Could not find phrase 'censoredword'" And it made **** where i typed the word

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #22 of 169 Old 12-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Rock God

They have gone as far as even editing my wanderingtrail posts because I'm a competing website... What on how to do thing the right way??? I still lurk over there, but find very little information anymore.

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But the Marines don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

post #23 of 169 Old 12-22-2007, 05:55 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingtrail View Post
They have gone as far as even editing my wanderingtrail posts because I'm a competing website... What on how to do thing the right way??? I still lurk over there, but find very little information anymore.

Ron
you are personal competition to the wayoflife
post #24 of 169 Old 12-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Wheeler

That's the worste part of it, they have the member's, so they get the search engine hit's. I found via Pirate4x4, which I respect...

But the lack of informed people, and dearth of post's regarding purely aesthetic aspect's had me pretty disappointed with the site before all the goofiness started happening. So yeah, like I said, I'm done with it, no biggie, and it's not the only forum I've come acrossed like it, I'm sure it won't be the last.
post #25 of 169 Old 12-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Wheeler

That's the worste part of it, they have the member's, so they get the search engine hit's. I found via Pirate4x4, which I respect...

But the lack of informed people, and dearth of post's regarding purely aesthetic aspect's had me pretty disappointed with the site before all the goofiness started happening. So yeah, like I said, I'm done with it, no biggie, and it's not the only forum I've come acrossed like it, I'm sure it won't be the last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode