Beer reviews - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Ipe
Rock God

Thumbs up Beer reviews

This last Saturday night the wife and I went to one of our favorite restaurants as a treat. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that they had completely revamped the beer selection. It was great when the place opened, then changed to really suck, and now is truly superb!

Anyway, I tried the Boulder Beer Company "Planet Porter" and my, oh, my it was delicious. Smooth, rich, hints of coffee and chocolate, no aftertaste.
Mmmmmmmm, simply amazing.

If you enjoy dark beers I highly recommend trying this one. I know I'm looking forward to my next.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 08:39 AM
JKowners Vendor

I live in Colorado and I think that is the first time ANYTHING has ever came out of Boulder that is positive.

I tend to lean towards New Belgium brewery, Sunshine Wheat is the best!

Name:  NewBelgiumSunshine.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  15.5 KB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #3 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Granite Guru

this is a good thread, i loves me a Sierra Nevada pale ale
post #4 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Granite Guru

i just tried landshark this weekend. its tasty
post #5 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Rock God

Breckenridge brewery in Denver... Right by the stadium... This IPA was BAD ASS.. Can't wait to go again..

Lifted by
, JKS DC's, Skid Row Protected,
ProComp 7105, Kevlar MTR's,
Switchblade rear, Red Rock Fab stinger etc...

post #6 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 10:51 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by airric00 View Post
Breckenridge brewery in Denver... Right by the stadium... This IPA was BAD ASS.. Can't wait to go again..

when are you getting out here? summer is slowly dwindling away.

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #7 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by a plumber View Post
when are you getting out here? summer is slowly dwindling away.

Move date is JULY 6th.... Taking a 6 day trip to stop at points along the way.. Flagstaff, Grand Canyon etc....(Sampling Beers along the way) I officially start the new job July 14th.

Lifted by

post #8 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by airric00 View Post
Move date is JULY 6th.... Taking a 6 day trip to stop at points along the way.. Flagstaff, Grand Canyon etc....(Sampling Beers along the way) I officially start the new job July 14th.
right on!

post #9 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Rock God

hmm that Planet Porter sounds damn good. I am trying to broaden my beer horizon. I am usually a Bud Light kinda guy but change is sometimes good. My girlfriend loves LandShark but I don't like it much. I need something darker I think. Guinness is good to me but in small portions (glass or 2)

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #10 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjerm View Post
hmm that Planet Porter sounds damn good. I am trying to broaden my beer horizon. I am usually a Bud Light kinda guy but change is sometimes good. My girlfriend loves LandShark but I don't like it much. I need something darker I think. Guinness is good to me but in small portions (glass or 2)

If you like something a little darker, but not a huge fan of Guiness (which I think many connoisseur would agree), check out Terminator Stout. That is if you can. It is from a micro Brewery in POrtland Oregon called McMennamins. Not sure if you can get it anywhere else but might be worth checking for.

Quote:
Black as the darkest night, rich as the most decadent dessert, Terminator is for the true stout lover. This is a full bodied and flavor packed ale which draws it's robust complexity from kiln-baked specialty grains. Look for a wide array of toasted, chocolate, nutty and coffee-like flavors in every pint! The devoted swear by it, and it remains one of our top selling ales year after year. Malts: Pale Malt; Munich Malt; 40L Crystal; Black Barley Hops: Cascades Specifications: Original Gravity: 1.065; Terminal Gravity: 1.015; Alcohol by Weight: 5.1% Calories/pint: 282
Review:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2104/9442

Although the description says it is for the true stout lover, I find that many people that really enjoy it are those that do not normally drink stouts. Very complex flavor...

here is their website:
http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=75&id=413
post #11 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Rock God

If any of you are in flagstaff AZ you have to try a beer from beaver creek brewery. It is called bramble berry and I have been drinking micro brews for a lot of years and this is the best.

http://www.beaverstreetbrewery.com/

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #12 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm a pretty big fan of Guinness myself. I prefer on tap where possible but the cans with the little widget thingy works good as long as you pour into a frozen mug.

WTF LOL, that Terminator Stout sounds great. I'll have to remember that one.

post #13 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougnpj View Post
If any of you are in flagstaff AZ you have to try a beer from beaver creek brewery. It is called bramble berry and I have been drinking micro brews for a lot of years and this is the best.

http://www.beaverstreetbrewery.com/

Definitely putting it on my list!!! cheers!

You guys try brews from Dechuttes?? I went on a brewery tour there... They have great beers!!

Lifted by

Last edited by airric00; 06-24-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode