INFO NEED IT - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-11-2008, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

INFO NEED IT

hi my name is marty i live in lucernevalley cal i have a STK 4door jk 6speed i put 35 on it and have lost all of my lowend for playing off road can i get 4/56 gears ? do thay make them for my 07? and if so who and where? i just need to fine the gears i can put then in my self hope some one has INFO on this like the way it work whan it had the stk tires on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Rock God

You would be looking for 4.88 minimum if you are looking for a return on the RPM range. I don't think 4.56 is available.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

If you do the math you will find that the equivalent to stock gears but with 35's comes out to something like 4.86. The closest gear is 4.88's. With these gears your speedometer, shiftpoints and power should be similar to stock.

Check out this link. It has the different gears and install kits available that you would need and it is a great company.

http://www.trailduty.com/index.php?cPath=113_130_389

First be sure to do some research. If I read what you said correctly sounds like you wanted to install them yourself. Do you have the equipment and knowledge to set backlash and check tolerances correctly? Gearing is something alot of people leave for shops or people with lots of experince to do, it is not a simple bolt in but it is possible to do in a garage...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode