JK X rocks HardRock - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-29-2008, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
JK X rocks HardRock

For those of you not familiar with HardRock it's an offroad park near Ocala, FL. Not a big place, but you can spend the day driving steep hills and playing around in old rock quarry pits (good by FL standards).

Took the X up there this weekend and it rocked everything! Point and shoot style. A little recent rain added to the fun.

Everytime I take this thing out, I push it harder and it just laughs at me like I'm not challenging it. I've got some film footage and will post a link when I get it edited.

So here's a scary story. Last hill climb of the day (also the longest & steepest hill) I had almost crested the top when something happend... not sure how, but I ended up cluch in, brake on and sliding backwards on the slick hillside. With no steering I ended up perpendicular to the slope half way up the hill and afraid I was going to start rolling So, I threw it in 1st gear and gassed it to point down hill. Well it did what I wanted and we drove off that hill. Later we laughed that it was the movie style 180 manuever - driving in reverse, slide and peel out in 1st - but it scared the crap out of us and we're just real lucky

Love this jeep

- Ruskin
2.5"Tera, 34"Maxxis, Front Stubby, Cobra75, Flapless Seatbelts & Grounded Floormats
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 Old 01-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Send a message via AIM to 1TallJKer Send a message via Yahoo to 1TallJKer

Can't wait to see the vid. Did anyone catch the turn on camera?

O.B.A.M.A. - One Big A__ Mistake America

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 01-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Been wheeling at hard rock many times like you said not big but fun for a day if you don't mine some steep ass hills.

And i bet i know what hill your talking about as it has gotten a couple people.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Broker by the Minute

Sounds high on the pucker factor. Pics? Vid? x2.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Rock God

WoW Ruskin!,,you be lucky,.. back in 70's,,,ya, that far back. I bought a 48 Willys and couldn't wait to take it out(Western Pa at that time).. Got it out a few times for short test trips up in some wooded areas & it went everywhere I pointed it. Well, one nice day I went for the looooooong Steep Power Lines), crossed a little creek, started up the power Line, maybe 3/4 of the way up, Then Oh God, I hit an wet spring feed area, stopped me dead then started backwards,(always check everything when you purchase a new vehicle),>>>I smash brakes to floor, lost all brakes, reached for E-Brake and pulled handle & pulled the whole thing right out of the dash(no cable hooked to it). All my mine said was, they'll find me with this E-Handle still in my hand)..... I come to a little bit of a shelf area more flatter, decided to turn wheel hard and go sideways to a stop, it worked but I went up on two wheels & almost rolled about 200 yards down the hill. I looked out the passenger window down that hill and said to myself what the hell do I do now, I turned steering wheel lock to right, eased the clutch out & it turned & went down the hill(it did want to tip). I'll always remember the look on the guys faces lined up on the road watching me in their Coal Buckets. Never went back over there ..
See Ruskin, your story brought back old memories, I know what went through your mind.....

USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) DAV, DMZ "Leatherneck square"((To All The "November Charlie Foxtrot's" that think they know)) You Are Clueless
G27 , G26, & G22-C
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode