River Rock Carnage report! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: River Rock Carnage report!

DataByte
05-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Well, lets see.. Where to begin...
In the "minor category"
--Huge scratches from getting into some narrow rock places, down all 4 of the wheel fenders.
--Pushed the driver side step up into the door
--Smashed the exhaust pipe flat
--Rear bumper now has huge dent to match the front I got at Hard Rock a while back.
In the MAJOR category...
-- Shredded both front tires ON MY OWN sway bar disconnects.. Making myself the only person to have the most amount of carnage by running into.. MYSELF.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/DataByte_1980/724376ec.jpg
While it was up on the Rack I found this:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/DataByte_1980/ba446e29.jpg
So add
--Damaged Rear differential case
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/DataByte_1980/106a721a.jpg

Luckily both tires, and the differential repair were covered under warranty, so the money I lost was from buying a tire on a Sunday in GA outside of someone who covers me under there warranty.

This event is NOT for me, but don't let the carnage report discourage you. If you like places like Hard Rock, then you will go "little kid crazy" at River Rock. It's like Hard Rock x1000. It's just not my thing.

But the wife and I had a great time camping, which says something for a wife who never liked camping before!

Grant211
05-27-2009, 12:47 PM
thanks for the HONEST report!

Prope
05-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Not for you? Meaning Jeepin isn't for you or breaking stuff? (those kinda go hand in hand) I'm surprised they'd cover tires under warranty!

RotorHead
05-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any damage on the diff. Sorry you didn't like the rocks, but I'll take rocks any day over mud. Glad you got it worked out though. I'm still not sure how you were able to warranty any of that, especially the tires.

93country
05-27-2009, 01:12 PM
No damage apparent on the diff... a little leak but no dent.

I think I could have stitched that tire back together with some bailin' wire and chewing gum... under warranty though?? amazing

SDMF
05-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Probably has one of those tire warranties.

karnuvore
05-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Sounds fun!

doc307
05-27-2009, 07:48 PM
No damage apparent on the diff... a little leak but no dent.

Yep, that would be the normal JK diff leak.

DataByte
05-28-2009, 03:04 AM
Not for you? Meaning Jeepin isn't for you or breaking stuff? (those kinda go hand in hand) I'm surprised they'd cover tires under warranty!
well, breaking things on my daily driver is definately not for me.. but mainly trying to climb over rocks and large wet clay hills may not be for me either!
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any damage on the diff. Sorry you didn't like the rocks, but I'll take rocks any day over mud. Glad you got it worked out though. I'm still not sure how you were able to warranty any of that, especially the tires.

the tires were covered under a repair and replace warrenty through the dealership and the differential was repaired under the powertrain warrenty which is good for about another 10,000 miles.

rooster
05-28-2009, 07:06 AM
Ah River Rock! I miss that place!

Prope
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
well, breaking things on my daily driver is definately not for me.. but mainly trying to climb over rocks and large wet clay hills may not be for me either!

LOL... you say that now... but then you'll get the bug to go back out & do an easy trail & be bored to death... then try a tougher trail... and so the story goes until you are breaking stuff again! :grinpimp:

MaRShiN
05-28-2009, 12:45 PM
the stock rear diff cover is a punk! Mine had a lip about 1/16" that hung down lower than the diff housing. REAL easy to drag it and pull it off the housing just enough to cause a leak. Highly reccomend better diff covers if you're going to go out and drag yourself over stuff again.