37s questions [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: 37s questions

rage344
05-14-2009, 09:10 AM
alright ive been talking to a company about gettin my jeep sponsored ive got the deal hammered out but they would like me to run thirty sevens now with that being said i made a in prompt to check list for mods in order to run them tell me if im missing some stuff

5.13 gears
tube fenders
long arm lift from RK will a 3.5 work
drive shafts
stronger axle shafts

anything else

Broncojohn
05-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Ram Assist
Axle Inner-C Gusset and Sleeve the front axle tubes.

WTF_LOL
05-14-2009, 09:14 AM
alright ive been talking to a company about gettin my jeep sponsored ive got the deal hammered out but they would like me to run thirty sevens now with that being said i made a in prompt to check list for mods in order to run them tell me if im missing some stuff

5.13 gears
tube fenders
drive shafts
stronger axle shafts

anything else

Are you asking for what is required or what is preffered.

there are plenty of people running 37's with 4.10's and doing ok but you do want to be 4.88 or 5.13 at least.

Don't NEED tube fenders. Proper bumpstops will take care of that.

Don't NEED long arm lift. YOur 3.5" is plenty

Driveshaft? should be on the list if you have done a lift but if you were suggesting you need a stronger one for 37's, you don't. stock is plenty strong.

Axle shafts, that is really the only thing on the list you NEED. well, stronger shafts or a set of trail spares in case you break your u joint

So as far as needs...just bump stops and some trail spare or stronger shafts

Wants or prefrence could go on forever, lol

rage344
05-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Driveshaft? should be on the list if you have done a lift but if you were suggesting you need a stronger one for 37's, you don't. stock is plenty strong.

i was thinking the drive sshaft angle would be changed so a set thats a little more flexible would save some werear and tear on it

rubirobv
05-14-2009, 05:29 PM
I agree with WTF_LOL.

Except I would regear to 5:13 with 37s. Also think about a performance programmer. I love mine. It really improves performance and correctly recalibrates the speedometer for the bigger tire size. Proper bump stops are important regardlees of fender type in my opinion. A long arm suspension is not necessary. Not knocking the longarms because I have one, It's just that you lose your stock control arm mounts making it very difficult to go back to the short arm setup. Don't quote me, but I think the guys at PolyPerformance believe the longarm is not necessary on the JKs with tires under 40".

Axles. If your gonna wheel it , the stock axles will break eventually. You can wait until that happens or get the chromolys. The longfields look good too. Samething with the driveshafts. Wheel till they break or get stronger shafts now. Unless of course the lift requires longer drive shafts.

Axle sleeve, C gussets and ram assist can come in time depending on how you want to wheel. Don't see it as a need to drive on 37s

You'll probably have some rubbing issues in the fender well. Everbody trims the pinch seam as necessary. Maybe some rubbing on the frame when flexed and turned to full lock.

Your close to San Luis Obispo. Call the guys at Poly

Just my opinion based on limited knowledge. :beer:

Broncojohn
05-14-2009, 07:17 PM

5.13 gears
tube fenders
drive shafts
stronger axle shafts

anything else

What do you mean "sponsored"? Are you running in competitions? That's why I stated beefing up the front axle housing and steering. If your just driving then you could get away with alot less, as stated by the other guys.

rage344
05-14-2009, 11:30 PM
What do you mean "sponsored"? Are you running in competitions? That's why I stated beefing up the front axle housing and steering. If your just driving then you could get away with a lot less, as stated by the other guys.

well i don,t plan on running my rig in competitions but i helped my buddy get his car sponsored for shows and what not its a good way to get parts from a company you believe in so i called up and asked if they needed any rigs on the west coast to show of their line of products its not hammered out completely so i wont say names but they said yes but they wany me to run 37s so instead of just putting 37s on it for show i mine as well make my jk worthy of running um and i figure if im going to do it it has to be done right the first time:beer:

thanks for the info more details will come in when the deal is done

oh any thoughts and wheel and tire combos ?

rubirobv
05-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Rage344, how about a build update:bounce:

rage344
05-18-2009, 09:19 AM
alright so im just now waiting on the paper work to come in so i think its safe to say your looking at the new riverraider jeep for the westcoast in the next three monthes or so you will see my jeep go from good to mean starting with bumpers tube fenders tire cage crusher corners oro taillights rockrails new long arm rk lift drive shafts 5.13 gears chromoly shafts and some 37s havent figured out what combo to run yet but this is mystarting point also i already bought their skids air box and snorkel anyone wanna meet up and do a install with the airbox and snorkel ill provide :beer::beer::beer: and more :beer::beer::beer: hit me up if you wanna help

and once again wheel and tire combos you wanna see on my

rage344
05-21-2009, 08:19 PM
quick update signed the contract today cant wait for the fun to start:bounce::bounce::bounce:

rubirobv
05-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Congrats rage344,

So I guess you'll be doing the Rubicon with us in July right ? rigHT ? RIGHT ? :thefinger:

rage344
05-26-2009, 10:02 AM
i dont see why not i am also going to the jeepers jamboree at the end of july also

rage344
05-29-2009, 11:40 PM
ok quick question any one gonna wanna buy my warn gear when i tear it off i'll give you a great deal if you take front rear and tire carrier