Sedona Hotel Recommendations [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Sedona Hotel Recommendations

PAHUNTER21
05-12-2009, 07:37 PM
So the wife and I are thinking of taking a trip to Sedona with some friends on Memorial day weekend.. Anybody have recommendations on a hotel to stay at? We'd like to stay close to the attractions, and will have 3 younger kids with us. Not really looking to pay an arm and leg per night, but not looking for a dive either.

Maybe somebody could also recommend a scenic drive or road/trail that wouldn't be an issue if we went out in one vehicle.

Thanks,
-BJ

hidX
05-12-2009, 10:31 PM
There is a Best Western on the Eastern/Northern part of town closer to the 179 side. I'm not sure of the rate. A friend got an employee discount and it was under $90/night. Not sure of the rates, but understand that most of the good hotels are over $100. There might be something decent for less, I just dont know.

You HAVE to do Broken Arrow. It is by far the most well known up there and for good reason. It is VERY cool. Stop in at Farabees/Sedona Jeep School on the Southern/Western part of town right on 89a. Nena runs the joint, and they have maps and info they can share with you. She just signed up on here too. I think as "Jeep School."

Broken Arrow is amazing. It does get some traffic, and is also teh favorite for all the "pink Jeeps" but that is a good thing if you are going out alone. There will be a bunch of tourist with cameras if you break down and need help! :D

rover1301
05-13-2009, 07:30 AM
The family and I usually stay at the Views Inn Sedona, it's just South of Uptown Sedona, and it's always been around $89 a night.
The best part is that next door to the Hotel is a large gas station, a Wendy's, a Subway, and a Mexican restaurant like Filiberto's.
Call early for whatever you find as they might fill up for this weekend, and rates seem to always go up for Holiday's.
And go see Nena, we stopped in and she gave us maps and lot's of great info for trail runs!

ZooseJK
05-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Sedona? Not pay arm and leg? hahahah :thefinger: good luck! you should just take a tent!

Anyways. yes you must do broken arrow. amazing amazing trail. Make sure you get to submarine rock. And yes go see Nena...if you can DO the jeep school! I did it the first month I had my jeep and not only do you get to spend the day with nena in your jeep but also gain a lot of knowledge! No matter how much you know you will learn more.

PAHUNTER21
05-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Sedona? Not pay arm and leg? hahahah :thefinger: good luck! you should just take a tent!

OK, Mr. Smartypants, How about Sedona Camping recommendations (tent camping). :thefinger: :beer:

ZooseJK
05-13-2009, 10:08 AM
OK, Mr. Smartypants, How about Sedona Camping recommendations (tent camping). :thefinger: :beer:

Never camped there personally but im sure there are some nice spots! lol :grinpimp:

Jason
05-13-2009, 10:41 PM

The last time I was in that area I stayed at www.krazykrv.com. It was $9.58 with my Passport America card ($19.15 regular). :D True...it's not in Sedona, but is close to there. Plus, it's also close to Montezuma's Castle and Camp Verde (oldest military post in AZ)...both interesting places to see.

I'm going to stay there this coming Sunday night and then run Broken Arrow on Monday. Only problem is I haven't a clue how to find the trail. Anyone have a phone number and/or address for that Jeep School place? I'd like to punch it in my GPS and stop by there.

Also, is Broken Arrow trailer friendly? I'll be doing it while towing my trailer. I don't mind off-roading with the trailer (that's why it was built), but I do get hesitant if I do so when it's a trail I've never even seen pictures of before.

jdemonto
05-13-2009, 10:47 PM
The last time I was in that area I stayed at www.krazykrv.com. It was $9.58 with my Passport America card ($19.15 regular). :D True...it's not in Sedona, but is close to there. Plus, it's also close to Montezuma's Castle and Camp Verde (oldest military post in AZ)...both interesting places to see.

I'm going to stay there this coming Sunday night and then run Broken Arrow on Monday. Only problem is I haven't a clue how to find the trail. Anyone have a phone number and/or address for that Jeep School place? I'd like to punch it in my GPS and stop by there.

Also, is Broken Arrow trailer friendly? I'll be doing it while towing my trailer. I don't mind off-roading with the trailer (that's why it was built), but I do get hesitant if I do so when it's a trail I've never even seen pictures of before.

Broken Arrow is easy esp for a built jeep, I think you will be fine.

Jason

Find Nena Here

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=farabees%2Bsedona,az&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.564064,50.712891&ie=UTF8&ll=34.898885,-111.813354&spn=0.127556,0.198097&z=12&iwloc=A

Broken Arrow Here

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&q=http:%2F%2Fbbs.keyhole.com%2Fubb%2Fplacemarks%2F 123499.kmz&ftid=CE4A8914F72B158C&ll=34.847656,-111.757307&spn=0.015954,0.024762&t=p&z=15

Jason
05-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks for those links Jason, they will help out a lot. I'm looking forward to getting back to Sedona...thought it was gorgeous when I went through there last month and have been itching to get back to run a trail or two.

If anyone would like to meet up in Sedona on Monday to hit the trails, email me at jason@wheelersforthewounded.org with your phone number and I'll give you a call Sunday night when I get set up at the campsite. I know most everyone will be working Monday or already have plans for Monday, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway. :D

One thing is for sure...you guys in Arizona have the best kept secret around...this state is AWESOME!!! :smokin:

PAHUNTER21
05-14-2009, 04:01 PM
One thing is for sure...you guys in Arizona have the best kept secret around...this state is AWESOME!!! :smokin:

I agree!

DRIVEN1
05-15-2009, 11:24 PM
I spent a day with Nena up in Sedona about a month ago. Very nice and knows ALL the trails up there well. Check out the link in my signature to some pics all taken on the Sedona trails that everyone has been mentioning. Beautiful country with some awesome Jeep trails.

As far as a hotel, here is where we stay: http://www.amararesort.com/

If you like Mexican food, you MUST try this newer place that is now Nationally recognized and ranked. It's AMAZING but very crowded and popular. If you want in without a wait, go at 4:45 and you should get right in as they open at 5:00. Make sure you order their signature appetizer named after the restaurant. I guarantee this is the best advice you have received on this forum so far.
http://www.elotecafe.com/

Have fun.

jdemonto
05-16-2009, 07:48 AM
I spent a day with Nena up in Sedona about a month ago. Very nice and knows ALL the trails up there well. Check out the link in my signature to some pics all taken on the Sedona trails that everyone has been mentioning. Beautiful country with some awesome Jeep trails.

As far as a hotel, here is where we stay: http://www.amararesort.com/

If you like Mexican food, you MUST try this newer place that is now Nationally recognized and ranked. It's AMAZING but very crowded and popular. If you want in without a wait, go at 4:45 and you should get right in as they open at 5:00. Make sure you order their signature appetizer named after the restaurant. I guarantee this is the best advice you have received on this forum so far.
http://www.elotecafe.com/

Have fun.

I will have to check that place out, I like the Cowboy club what a place to eat!

Jason