Upgrade my Rubi? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Upgrade my Rubi?

TabbyTux
05-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Just got my brand new Rubicon and don't have a lot of extra cash now, but am looking to upgrade it preferably quickly, but will probably end up doing it slowly due to all my cashflow going to pay off this bad boy.

I'd love to do a big lift and big tires but right now that's not feasible.

Just looking for some tips as to what you fellow jkers would do that's relatively inexpensive.

Looking into like a Rock Country Budget lift or body lift, something I can do myself, but not sure what the best brand is or the best route is.

I'm not a hard core off-roader (YET!), but am looking to upgrade it so it can atleast handle some tougher trails and also look BA. ;)

Any tips? Honesty is appreciated!

Thanks guys.

Eugene
05-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Having a Rubicon means you are half way there as far as a rock crawler. I'll leave it to those who know more but I have read alot of post with people getting good results with BB and spring lifts. One thing that would help us help you is getting more specifics on your rig. 2dr/4dr,auto/manual....etc. Also wher do you live. I myself, and others are willing to part with or sell are take offs and extras to those in need and it's helpful to know if your close or not.
Good luck:)

TabbyTux
05-11-2009, 11:43 PM
...One thing that would help us help you is getting more specifics on your rig. 2dr/4dr
auto/manual....etc.
Good luck:)

Oops yeah... it's a 2 door automatic.

DRIVEN1
05-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Call my buddy Scott Moyes at TAP in Phoenix. His cell is 602-390-3540. He set up my Rubicon and is doing my Brother's currently. Tell Scott that Brad sent you. Even if you don't buy a thing, he will spend time with you and educate you for hopes of future business. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

rover1301
05-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Jdemonto from AirPark Jeep is running a special on the TeraFlex lift.
Several of us AZJKer's are running this lift and we love it!
Here's the link....

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9271

rob4607
05-12-2009, 04:55 AM
when I got my 4dr rubie last may the first thing that I got for it was a set of spidertraxx spacers and it greatly improved the look by getting the wheels out to fill the fender wells better and it improved the ride a bit as well by widening the wheelbase.

ZooseJK
05-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Jdemonto from AirPark Jeep is running a special on the TeraFlex lift.
Several of us AZJKer's are running this lift and we love it!
Here's the link....

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9271

Rub it in my face why dont you?

CRWLNJK
05-12-2009, 07:59 PM
You could call Joe at AO (absolute offroad) he is a very nice guy. The # is 602-248-8949. He is very knowledgeable on all the JK stuff, he'll also answer all your questions. He did my lift and gears.