JKOwners Forum banner

EJS 2009 - Late post

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Prope 
#1 ·
I've been swamped since we've returned from Moab. I've been wanting to post sooner but just haven't had much time. You can see all of our pictures here:

http://www.jksociety.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=12

Some of my favorites :)

Notice the complete lack of flex from the radius arms :lol:

See less See more
#2 ·

Got a little hairy on Hell's Gate (bad angle for the shot)

We had a great time and got to meet some great new people. Moab is always such an amazing time. There isn't anywhere else like it. Such a release from work for me. It was funny to hear about the Project-JK / JK-Jam drama as well.

Overall the JK did great. It's certainly more capable than I am driving it at this point. It's so weird getting used to this coming from my TJ, but I'm getting the hang more and more. I can't believe what this thing will climb!

My power steering gear box has developed a bit of slop and my pump whines occasionally now. Nothing too bad but it's enough to concern me being that I haven't even done anything hard in the JK yet. I'm working with a local guy on developing a hydraulic assist kit. Hopefully we'll be able to bring these to market.

My 5.38's performed flawlessly. I can't say I've ever had a vehicle geared perfectly until now. I think these are spot on for 37's and perfect for wheeling with the 4:1 t-case. My RE long arm kit performed great as well. I'm amazed at the traction this kit provides, something that others don't tend to focus on. This is hands down the best suspension I've run to date for Moab type terrain. There's no wheel hop whatsoever on full throttle climbs, the front doesn't lift, the vehicle just stays in control and hooks up. Oh and it flexes pretty damn well too, and provided an extremely comfortable ride to and from Moab. I was doing 90mph+ at times and never had a worry. I've never been able to drive a Jeep comfortably at 90 until now.

The JK has officially grown on me :D

#4 ·
Yeah, those are great pics...:beer:

#9 ·
So your happy with the RE RLA system givin the binding of the radius arms? Just asking because I have the same kit. Great pics by the way.
Yes my comment above was a joke. I'm very pleased with the suspension. As you can see there clearly wasn't a problem due to lack of flex on the trail. The RE kit worked great in Moab.

#8 ·
Very nice pictures and good to hear that your RE Long Arm kit is performing so well. I had a RE LA kit on my first TJ and loved it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.