Fordyce Creek - Saturday 16th [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Fordyce Creek - Saturday 16th

JeepThing
05-04-2009, 09:28 PM
UPDATED ... Pics on page 3!!

It's been too long since Moab and I am craving some rocks! I'm thinking of running Fordyce on the 16th :bounce:, anyone interested? It would be fun to get a good group together and meet more of the phonebooth crowd. :D

LoPo
05-04-2009, 09:35 PM
requirements?

rubirobv
05-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Where are you going in at Cisco or Eagle Lakes? For the day or the weekend? I'll be on the Rubicon the following weekend. I'll give it some serious thought.

Eugene
05-04-2009, 09:51 PM
I think I could be up for that. :bounce: Never done it.

JeepThing
05-04-2009, 10:04 PM
requirements?

TeraFlex 6inch Long Arm
Poly Tierod + Fox Steering Stabilizer kit
Coast Driveshafts

:D

Where are you going in at Cisco or Eagle Lakes? For the day or the weekend? I'll be on the Rubicon the following weekend. I'll give it some serious thought.

Going in at Eagle Lakes. The road from Cisco Grove to the top of Committee Trail will probably still be closed. I'm just planning on a day trip. I'm not sure what the water crossings will be like. A group went in last weekend and were breaking trail from about mile 6.5.

LoPo
05-04-2009, 10:13 PM
lol.

I'm open/open on 35's..... :bawling:

JeepThing
05-04-2009, 10:25 PM
lol.

I'm open/open on 35's..... :bawling:

With the early season conditions, we won't be running the whole trail. Come on down and we'll get you through.

MBATF
05-06-2009, 08:41 PM
requirements?

For Unlimited jk.

A minium of 35" with at least one locker. Proper skids and armors.

Pull the drain plugs out if you are going without doors ;)

A pic of my budy's XJ at the first crossing
The water level was really high
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q374/MBATF/Fordyce%202008/DSC02274.jpg

My JK was full of water...
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q374/MBATF/Fordyce%202008/DSC02272.jpg

MBATF
05-06-2009, 08:44 PM
I think I could be up for that. :bounce: Never done it.

Dude. you will love it!

How have you been? I have not seen you for a long time!

rubirobv
05-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Nate , still trying to schedule for the 16th. I will know for sure in a few days.

Rob

Eugene
05-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Dude. you will love it!

How have you been? I have not seen you for a long time!

Hanging here mostly. Sorry I missed the HH run. Looked like you had some excitement. You up for Fordyce I am really trying to make it happen

mmccurdy
05-06-2009, 09:59 PM
It seems like there's a big cleanup/trail opening being organized for the following weekend (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780122). I've never run the trail myself, but I'd like to, and I don't mind swinging an axe or shovel... sounds like it'll be fun either weekend honestly...

JeepThing
05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Nate , still trying to schedule for the 16th. I will know for sure in a few days.

Rob

Hope you can make it Rob. I emailed Dave (red JK on snow run) tonight to see if he wants to come. I wish I could make it over to the Rubicon with you the next weekend, but I'll be working that Saturday.

It seems like there's a big cleanup/trail opening being organized for the following weekend (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780122). I've never run the trail myself, but I'd like to, and I don't mind swinging an axe or shovel... sounds like it'll be fun either weekend honestly...

Bret and FOF do a great job keeping the trail open. I wanted to go up that weekend, but I will be working. :shaking:

LoPo
05-07-2009, 09:24 PM
For Unlimited jk.

A minium of 35" with at least one locker. Proper skids and armors.

Pull the drain plugs out if you are going without doors ;)

so my 6inch long arm with 35's open/open, not a good idea? Never ran the trail so honest feedback is wanted.

rubirobv
05-08-2009, 03:16 PM
so my 6inch long arm with 35's open/open, not a good idea? Never ran the trail so honest feedback is wanted.

I personally think you can run most of the trail without issue. Where lockers are needed we can always throw a tow strap on your rig or winch if necessary. Are you completely open or do you have limited slip in the back?

JeepThing
05-08-2009, 10:58 PM
I would agree with rubirobv, especially for the part of the trail we are running. One of the local 4x4 shop owners drove his wife's unlimited X, 4", 35's, open/open through the whole trail and was really impressed with how well it did. I think there may only be a couple places you may need a strap or winch.

LoPo
05-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks guys, yeah I have limited slip -when it doesn't mysteriously disengage. ;)

Turns out yesterday it was decided that I have to head down to my company's Las Vegas Campus first thing Sunday the 17th, so I won't be able to make it. Wife wouldn't be pleased if I took off for the day on the 16th, then hopped on a plane the following morning. I'll have to hit it next time, this trail is on my list. :pissed:

rubirobv
05-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Sorry that you can't make it. We'll look for you on the next one.

JeepThing
05-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Wife wouldn't be pleased if I took off for the day on the 16th, then hopped on a plane the following morning. I'll have to hit it next time, this trail is on my list. :pissed:

Bring her along. :D

I hear ya, I wouldn't be able to get away with that either! My girls and hopefully my wife will be coming along. My 13 and 17 year old are hoping dad will give them some some drive time on the rocks. :shaking: I shouldn't have ever started that. I hate giving up the wheel!

Look forward to meeting you on one of the next runs.

rubirobv
05-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Nate,

Just checking in. Looks like I'll be able to make this one. Is Dave going to be there? I'd really like to see him wheel that monster.

JeepThing
05-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Nate,

Just checking in. Looks like I'll be able to make this one. Is Dave going to be there? I'd really like to see him wheel that monster.

Great, I'm glad you're able to make it. It's monster time! Dave will be there. I just got an email from him asking the meeting time and place so he can figure out drive times. For everyone coming up 80 (and down 80-if we can get any of the Nevada guys over :)), it will probably be easiest just to meet at the trailhead off the Eagle Lakes exit. If anyone is coming through Nevada City let me know and we can meet up and drive up 20.

I guess the time us up to you guys who have a little bit of a drive to get here. What time works for you Rob?

rubirobv
05-10-2009, 09:37 PM
How about 9:00 am. I'm figuring three hours to the trail head. Anyone else heading from my way, we can meet at Cordellia Junction, at 80 and 680. Say 6:30 am. I think there's a wendy's or burger king there.

Hey Marshin, You should try to make this one. DW won't matter. It'll be fun.

Are we doing a river crossing? If so, I'll leave the doors on.

JeepThing
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Rob, 9:00 sounds fine. So let it be written, so let it be done! I'll let Dave know, he may want to meet you at 80/680.

Eugene are you going to be able to make it?

Eugene
05-10-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm on the fence. I managed to replace my rear bushings, tying to do the fronts this week. Hey, I did an adopt a trail maintenance run with my club this weekend. After that we went to run Slickrock and it was still snowed in. There was still alot of snow (Slickrock is above Arnold on Hwy 4). What elevation is Fordyce? And are you just making a day trip?

JeepThing
05-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Good luck with the bushings, I hope you can make it.

The trailhead is at 5,400' and Meadow Lake at the end of the trail is 7,300'. A group went in last weekend and didn't have much snow until about 6.5 miles in. This will just be a day trip ... going in as far as we want and coming back out the same way. Should be a fun day, good rocks and great scenery. This time of year is awesome up there with all of the runoff - streams and little waterfalls everywhere.

Eugene
05-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey Jeepthing and RubiRob. Looks like I'm in. The wifey is do a girlfriend trip to SF so me and Albert are on are own. Question. I was thinking of trailering my Jeep. Kind of a shakedown cruise since I haven't used it since last summer. Would it be to much of a hassle at the trailhead. I'm not familiar with it, and I don't want to have to struggle parking and such.
Rob, lets finalize a time to meet at Cordelia.:bounce:

suntadz
05-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi-
brand new to the site. just got a 09 rubicon and wanted to see some in action. I got a old chevy stepside I wheel until I can get my Jeep ready. Mind if I scab on your trip? Wanted to do a day trip for fun in the sun. Robb

rubirobv
05-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Hey Jeepthing and RubiRob. Looks like I'm in. The wifey is do a girlfriend trip to SF so me and Albert are on are own. Question. I was thinking of trailering my Jeep. Kind of a shakedown cruise since I haven't used it since last summer. Would it be to much of a hassle at the trailhead. I'm not familiar with it, and I don't want to have to struggle parking and such.

The trailhead at Eagle Lakes is in a secluded location and I have been told that vehicles left unattended were broken into. I would suggest parking your tow rig and trailer at Cisco Grove which is the next exit after Eagle Lakes. Probably less than two miles. You pay a small fee to park there but there are people to watch over things. From there drive the Jeep back down 80 to Eagle Lakes and the trail head. I might trailer mine since you are. Motorhome is more comfortable anyway.

Eugene, How about meeting at 6:00 am at the same location. Was it an Arco Station? That will give us three hours to get there. No rush. Maybe stop for coffee.

JeepThing
05-13-2009, 11:08 PM

Edit: Rob, you beat me to the post. :)

Glad you can make it Eugene! There is plenty of parking at the staging area for trailers, but they have had problems on and off with break ins and vandalism. The best place to leave your tow rig is at the Cisco Grove Camprgound. It is one mile further up 80 just off the Cisco Grove exit. I think they charge $5, and it is reasonably safe and secure.

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF8&q=cisco+grove+campground&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,10902629930461163668&ei=QrALSob8E5nGtAO06-WGAw&ll=39.318064,-120.554309&spn=0.020817,0.051541&z=15

Hi-
brand new to the site. just got a 09 rubicon and wanted to see some in action. I got a old chevy stepside I wheel until I can get my Jeep ready. Mind if I scab on your trip? Wanted to do a day trip for fun in the sun. Robb

Congrats on the new JK and welcome to JK Owners! Is your truck locked front and rear?

Eugene
05-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Rob, Meet you at 6:00 o'clock at the gas station on the left side near the BK(?). I'll know if I am taking the trailer tomorrow, but don't let that stop you. As for taking our time getting there, didn't we do that last time:laughing2: Sounds like a plan is hatched!

Eugene
05-14-2009, 05:49 PM
It's been too long since Moab and I am craving some rocks! I'm thinking of running Fordyce on the 16th :bounce:, anyone interested? It would be fun to get a good group together and meet more of the phonebooth crowd. :D
Jeepthing are you familiar with the trailer parking. I stayed there once but don't remember a day use parking area.

JeepThing
05-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Jeepthing are you familiar with the trailer parking. I stayed there once but don't remember a day use parking area.

I'm only 35 miles from the trailhead, so I haven't every trailered up there. :D I don't know for sure, but I think it is right by the little store they have there just inside the entrance. You can ask them at the guard shack or store ... they're used to guys pulling in there with rigs and leaving them while running Fordyce.

rubirobv
05-14-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm only 35 miles from the trailhead, so I haven't every trailered up there. :D I don't know for sure, but I think it is right by the little store they have there just inside the entrance. You can ask them at the guard shack or store ... they're used to guys pulling in there with rigs and leaving them while running Fordyce.

Yep, Just go inside the store and pay there. I trailered up there last December for an overnight trip at Fordyce. Hey Eugene, I drove the jeep to work today and guess what? I settled into a comfortable speed on the freeway, looked down at the speedometer and I was doing 60 mph. Stayed there the whole way to work. So when you told me I was going 61 mph, driving up to the snow run, I must have really been pushing it. I promise I'll back off the skinny pedal this time.:D

rubirobv
05-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi-

Fordyce is a pretty tight trail for full sized rigs and one of the most technical trails I've ever been on. But the last time out we ran with this monster K5 Blazer. He made it through but it was tight. I think I have a picture of it. If you think the chevy is up to it, come on out. You're in the Bay Area, you can meet up with Eugene and I.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/jkrob08/Blazer.jpg?t=1242353496

mmccurdy
05-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Just so you guys know, PG&E has really cranked up the flow rate on the creek in the past few days -- like from around 60 cfs (which I understand is passable) to close to 300 which by all accounts is pretty much not :shaking:

I don't have much experience with the area, just thought you might like a heads up. Realtime flow rate data here:

http://www.dreamflows.com/graphs/mon.063.php

JeepThing
05-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Just so you guys know, PG&E has really cranked up the flow rate on the creek in the past few days -- like from around 60 cfs (which I understand is passable) to close to 300 which by all accounts is pretty much not :shaking:

I don't have much experience with the area, just thought you might like a heads up. Realtime flow rate data here:

http://www.dreamflows.com/graphs/mon.063.php

Thanks mmccurdy. I've been watching it this week. It looks like they turned it up to just shy of 400 cfs around noon today. Fordyce Lake is almost full and getting ready to spill. Bret, from Friends of Fordyce, posted up that PG&E said it is likely to stay at the high flows through Memorial Day weekend. :shaking: (Fordyce Dam is a PG&E dam and they control the flow.) It's great to see the waters in our reservoirs! But ...

At 400 cfs (note - this is at the dam and is likely quite a bit higher downstream with all of the runoff) the crossings are not going to happen! Well ... I can't speak for rubirobv ... he doesn't seem to have any fear and wheels the begeebees out of his Jeep. :D This will be a trip into the first crossing and back. Depending on time and how much we play around we may run Signal Peak trail also, which shares the trailhead with Fordyce. Weather looks like it will be perfect. National Weather Service is forcasting mid to upper 70's for the area. Can't wait to get back on the rocks!! :bounce:

Now the question ... TOPLESS or NOT? I'm thinking TOPLESS! :D

Eugene
05-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Sounds OK to me. I haven't waterproofed my rig yet (weatherstripping is falling off) so I was going to shy away from any deep water. I was also thinking signal peak as an alternate.

JeepThing
05-15-2009, 04:17 PM
The official trail dog is back ... I just got a call from Dave and he is packed and ready to head up in the morning. His daughter and Ivy will be coming with him. He'll meet us at the Eagle Lakes trailhead at 9am.

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Snow%20Run%20-%207Mar2009/IMG_0677.jpg

rubirobv
05-15-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm with you guys on the water crossing. No need to get crazy on this run. I really like the Fordyce Trail from Eagle Lakes to the first crossing. Signal Peak Trail would be fun as well. I haven't run that trail yet. I'ts gonna be a great day. Jeep will be topless only because I can't find the hardware to the freedom top. :shaking:

Eugene, I'm not trailering the Jeep. See you at 6:00 tomorrow. I'll have V and the gremlins with me. :bounce:

P.S. mmccurdy, Thanks for the info :beer:

Eugene
05-15-2009, 08:51 PM
RubiRob, I was to lazy to prep my trailer so I'll be Jeepin' it also. I did call Cisco Grove today and the nice lady said that they have 3 parking lots for leaving trucs and trailers. $5 for a single vehicle and $10 for a truck/trailer combo. Good to know for future runs.
See you at 06early.:bounce::)

LoPo
05-15-2009, 09:02 PM
argh!:pissed:

I want to go!

:bawling:

Have fun guys.

JeepThing
05-15-2009, 10:54 PM
(Posted by Bebe on Pirate) Check out some of the pics on this link.

This is kinda cool...http://cacreeks.com/fordyce.htm

A Coupla spippets:

Fordyce Creek above Spaulding Reservoir

Stretch: Fordyce Reservoir to Eagle Lakes and Spaulding Reservoir
Difficulty: class V with several portages, harder as flows increase
Distance: 7 or 12 miles, 1 or 2 days
Flows: rafts 300 - 600 cfs, kayaks 200 - 600, IK minimum 150
Gauge: reservoir release (Dreamflows)
Gradient: 103 fpm average (150 210 120 80 50 80 110 90 120 220)
Put-in: below outlet from Fordyce reservoir, 6040'
Take-out: boat ramp on Spaulding reservoir, 5010'
Shuttle: 16 miles (1 hour) one-way, 4WD recommended
Maps: USFS Tahoe NF, AAA Tahoe Region, Topo, Topo2, Topo3
Season: summer or early autumn, from dam release
Agency: USFS
Notes: © 1993-2002 Brad Klaas, photos by Darren Cavalli

And their intro:

“Imagine the South Yuba along I-80 without the freeway, without bridges, powerlines, or any human habitation. This is Fordyce Creek.” --Lars Holbek

Discovered by kayakers in 1983, although probably first run long ago by native Americans, this is one of the finest expert runs in California, primarily for its excellent high-elevation granite scenery, and secondarily because it flows in summer when little else is running.

The first 1.5 and last 1.3 miles are the most difficult. Down logs are an ever-present danger, sometimes shifting from week to week. Maximum release of the dam's hydropower valve is 600 cfs. Higher flows result from spill or floodgate release. Lower flows occur as the reservoir drains down, or for Jeep jamborees.

Ten miles of class V rapids and 2 miles paddling across a reservoir makes for a very long day, especially if you are one of those careful (still alive) boaters who likes to scout dangerous rapids. The best idea is to split the run into two days, camping a bit more than halfway down near Eagle Lakes. See the shuttle instructions for details.

Wow ....since 1983..... :shaking:

Eugene
05-16-2009, 04:36 AM
Good morning!
Jeepthing, in case your reading this it's 4:30AM and we're getting ready to leave. See you in a few hours.:innocent:

Brigitta
05-16-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm so jealous, the trailhead is less than an hour from the house. I had already made a commitment for me and my girls to model for a fundraiser fashion show.

Oh well, maybe next time. We are signed up for the Thurs full run through fordyce with Sierra Trek. That's always a good time and great fundraiser for CA4WDC.

Post some pics when you guys get back!

jeepsanddrums
05-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm so jealous, the trailhead is less than an hour from the house. I had already made a commitment for me and my girls to model for a fundraiser fashion show.

Oh well, maybe next time. We are signed up for the Thurs full run through fordyce with Sierra Trek. That's always a good time and great fundraiser for CA4WDC.

Post some pics when you guys get back!

I was also thinking of doing the Sierra Trek run. How tough is Fordyce? I know that for Sierra Trek they turn the water way down, but don't know much about the rest of the trail. I have a 2 door with a 3.5" RE lift and 35's with armor. Should I expect body damage?

Eugene
05-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Made it back safe, hope you all had fun after at Signal Peak. Has a blast. Should we post are pics here or in Trip and Trail reports

Brigitta
05-16-2009, 10:05 PM
I was also thinking of doing the Sierra Trek run. How tough is Fordyce? I know that for Sierra Trek they turn the water way down, but don't know much about the rest of the trail. I have a 2 door with a 3.5" RE lift and 35's with armor. Should I expect body damage?

I don't think Fordyce is that difficult. It's easier than Rubicon and when run during the Trek you have volunteers at each winch Hill to help out if necessary. We've run the full day trip and the elite Star Trek, we've run both long and short wheelbase through and never had any damage or breakdowns. The only place that may get tricky is winch Hill #3's "Squeeze Rock". The JK is the widest thing we will have put through but if your not comfortable trying to squeeze through, there is a bypass.

Your set up sounds like you'll do fine. Although the water is lowered for the Trek we've seen it run "through" Jeeps with 4" lifts and 35" tires. Each year is different and a few inches to the left or right can make a big difference. You'd be safe to take out the carpet and remove the drain plugs on the floor.

This year the Trek only offers one run that runs the whole trail through to Meadow Lake, the Thursday SWB. For Friday and Saturday they have split the trail into upper and lower runs and give you the choice of either upper or lower.

It's a great time, lot's of fun. There are detailed right ups on this event at 4x4wire.com if you want more info.

jeepsanddrums
05-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't think Fordyce is that difficult. It's easier than Rubicon and when run during the Trek you have volunteers at each winch Hill to help out if necessary. We've run the full day trip and the elite Star Trek, we've run both long and short wheelbase through and never had any damage or breakdowns. The only place that may get tricky is winch Hill #3's "Squeeze Rock". The JK is the widest thing we will have put through but if your not comfortable trying to squeeze through, there is a bypass.

Your set up sounds like you'll do fine. Although the water is lowered for the Trek we've seen it run "through" Jeeps with 4" lifts and 35" tires. Each year is different and a few inches to the left or right can make a big difference. You'd be safe to take out the carpet and remove the drain plugs on the floor.

This year the Trek only offers one run that runs the whole trail through to Meadow Lake, the Thursday SWB. For Friday and Saturday they have split the trail into upper and lower runs and give you the choice of either upper or lower.

It's a great time, lot's of fun. There are detailed right ups on this event at 4x4wire.com if you want more info.

Thanks for the reply. We ran the Rubicon last year, but some were saying Fordyce made the Rubicon look a paved road. Can't always believe everything you hear. I will do some reading at 4x4wire.com and hopefully see you at Sierra Trek.:)

Brigitta
05-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the reply. We ran the Rubicon last year, but some were saying Fordyce made the Rubicon look a paved road. Can't always believe everything you hear. I will do some reading at 4x4wire.com and hopefully see you at Sierra Trek.:)

Your experience on Rubicon also depends on when you run the trail. The Rubicon is "built up" for the Jamborees. They cement rocks into place and make the bypasses easy enough for stock vehicles to get through. If you go within a few weeks of the Jamboree it'll be pretty easy. Each winter changes the trail as well, more erosion, rocks in new places, more mud holes with slippery exits...

We've always cruised right through Fordyce but honestly haven't run it in about 4 years so maybe it's gotten chewed up.

Hope to get a trail report from yesterdays trip, that'll give us a clue to what this years Trek will be like. We've got our registration in for the Thurs SWB run, hope to see you out there!

rubirobv
05-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Hey everyone,

The family and I had a great time. The weather was outstanding, scenery beautiful, trail awesome and great company. Always a pleasure wheelin with you guys. Long day but well worth it. Left the house at 5:15 am and arrived home at 1:00 am.

JeepThing, Thanks for hosting again. I really appreciate your trail knowledge of Fordyce. Eugene, always fun wheelin with you and it was nice meeting Albert. Dave , nice seeing you again and meeting your daughter. Big Red did great out there. We all love having Ivy out there too. Her boundless energy is inspirational.

For everyone who didn't make it, we ran Fordyce from the Eagle Lakes trail head to the first creek crossing. We did not ford the creek as the water level was a little too high and I don't think any of us wanted to deal with too much drama this day. We parked on the granite, overlooking the creek and had lunch. We watched some Toyotas cross. Some made and some didn't. After lunch, we headed out the way we came in, with a little quicker pace so there would be time to run up Signal Peak trail. Eugene, elected to head home after Fordyce, so JeepThing, Dave and my crew ran up Signal Peak. Very steep, very tight and very beautiful. The trail is cut into the side of a mountain so there is that steep dropoff on one side. Beautiful vistas though. We didn't get to the top as we lost the trail when came to what was left of the snow pack. It was getting late in the day as well so it was time to leave.

With regard to trail conditions, it was the same as I remembered it last december, except alot more water runoff this time. There are a few side hill, off camber spots that really get your attention. Driveline hill has a number of lines to take and none of them easy. There is a bypass around it. You are on the rocks alot out there and that takes a toll on you and your rig. Tight through the trees where rocks are placed just so you'll lean into them.

Comparing this trail to the Rubicon? I can't. Neither one should be taken for granted and yes, expect body damage on both. It may not happen but it definately can. I have received more damage on Fordyce than I have on the Rubicon but I think it could easily be the opposite.

I enjoy both trails and have great respect for both. You don't want to make a mistake on either.

Hopefully some of you who couldn't make this trip will join us on the next one. Look forward to meeting you.

Best Regards,

Rob

P.S. Next weekend the Rubicon. Eight rigs going. :bounce:

Pictures of our run to follow.

Eugene
05-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Glad your back. I was expecting a post sooner, so when I didn't see any I hoped you all were not still stuck on Signal Peak!! I'll try again to post my pics. Don't know if it's me or this gearless greaseless pos laptop. Probably me though.:D

JeepThing
05-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Rubirobv thanks for posting up the trail report and pictures. The girls and I had an awesome time yesterday. Great rocks ... great scenery ... great people and great rigs! Thanks everyone for coming. You guys are great to wheel with. I'll get some pics up once I get them downloaded.

jeepsanddrums
05-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the pics and trail information. Looks like alot fun!

Eugene
05-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Here some pics. More to follow

Eugene
05-18-2009, 06:25 PM
more pics uhhuh

Mule'Con
05-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Awesome looking rigs & looks alot like the Rubicon trail in certain sections. You got me hungry!

JeepThing
05-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Well, I'd better hurry and get my pics posted up from last weekend before rubirobv gets back from the Rubicon this weekend and posts those trip pictures up. :) Then I'd really feel behind. Sorry, it's been a busy week.

There was a lot of water with the runoff.
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1463.jpg

Kelsie, my 13 yr. old, playing on the rocks. She was our trail leader until we got to Driveline Hill.
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1467.jpg

Rubirobv
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1469.jpg

Eugene
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1472.jpg

Dave
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1473.jpg

Waterfall at the bottom of Driveline Hill
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1476.jpg

JeepThing on Driveline Hill
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1477.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1478.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1481.jpg

JeepThing
05-23-2009, 03:31 PM
rubirobv coming up Driveline
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1482.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1484.jpg

Dave ... taking a little different line on Driveline
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1486.jpg

Eugene on Driveline
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1485.jpg

One of the tippy sections on the trail
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1499.jpg

Along the side of the mountain no less
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1500.jpg

The Xenons sure make for some great flex pictures rubirobv
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1502.jpg

Eugene
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1503.jpg

Dave flirting with the lower line
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1504.jpg

JeepThing
05-23-2009, 04:30 PM
A couple of lunch stop poser pics ...
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1528.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1531.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1535.jpg

Climbing back up from the river crossing.
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1538.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1540.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1542.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1545.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1552.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1554.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr62/JeepThing_bucket/JKO%20Fordyce%20Creek%20-%2016May2009/IMG_1556.jpg

Eugene
05-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Great pics! Whenever I see myself on an off camber, it sure doesn't look as bad as it feels:bawling:

jeepsanddrums
05-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey Jeepthing.....that rear bumper looks very light. How much does it weigh and who makes it? Thanks

JeepThing
05-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Great pics! Whenever I see myself on an off camber, it sure doesn't look as bad as it feels:bawling:

I hear you there! I don't like the sidehill off camber stuff either.

Hey Jeepthing.....that rear bumper looks very light. How much does it weigh and who makes it? Thanks

I designed it and built it with a friend who has a 4x4 and fabrication shop. Here's the build thread, http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7890. You'd think inbetween all of the times having this on and off while building it that I would have weighed it. :shaking: I guess I was in a hurry to get it done and head out to Moab! If we build another one, I'll put it on the scales.

rubirobv
05-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey JeepThing,

Great pics. That was a great day. Looks like Dave can take any line he wants. Regarding your rear bumper, I like it alot as well. You guys did a fantastic job with the design and build :beer:

Just got back from the Con. Amazing is an understatement. Snow capped mountains, many small streams from the snow runoff, a seriously challanging trail and perfect weather made for a memorable trip. I'll post my trip later.

cab76
05-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Great pics - looks like a fun time! Wish I coulda made it - next time.

JeepThing
05-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Hey JeepThing,

Great pics. That was a great day. Looks like Dave can take any line he wants. Regarding your rear bumper, I like it alot as well. You guys did a fantastic job with the design and build :beer:

Just got back from the Con. Amazing is an understatement. Snow capped mountains, many small streams from the snow runoff, a seriously challanging trail and perfect weather made for a memorable trip. I'll post my trip later.

I wish I could have arranged my work schedule to go with you last weekend. :pissed: I'm glad you had such a great time, I'm jealous. How far in did you guys go? Can't wait to see your pics!

Great pics - looks like a fun time! Wish I coulda made it - next time.

We missed ya. I'm kicking around the idea of going back up there this Saturday ... anyone game?

LoPo
05-26-2009, 09:13 PM
We missed ya. I'm kicking around the idea of going back up there this Saturday ... anyone game?

Like I mentioned via PM yesterday, I'm a maybe. ;):bounce:;)