Del-Ton AR [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Del-Ton AR

a plumber
05-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Just so you know i am a total newb when it comes to AR's but i want to learn! What is your thoughts on these and which model is good to get started with? I am looking at the first one the DTI-4 any body have any suggestion? Click the link and let me know!

http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Rifles_s/2.htm

Thanks!!!

a plumber
05-04-2009, 10:34 AM
I am also looking at the SPOT red dot spotting scope-Mark III, if that makes any difference as far as optics go.

rockrash
05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
The Del-ton kits are great. I have not used there kit but I have ordered through them. I would say buy what you will be happy with and check out AR15.com they have a lot of good info.:beer:

THECHAD
05-04-2009, 08:15 PM
I'll tell you this little bit of info though...buy a good name brand ie.. rock river, DPMS along these lines for this reason, if this is your first you will want to one day upgrade to a different AR. Get something that actually has the resale value. the Del ton just doesnt have the resale value.That any of the others have.I deal in guns everyday. you might pay a touch more , but it will always be worth more.

a plumber
05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
So is the Del-ton upgradeable? For example will other manufactures "parts" fit on there?

rockrash
05-04-2009, 08:48 PM
I'll tell you this little bit of info though...buy a good name brand ie.. rock river, DPMS along these lines for this reason, if this is your first you will want to one day upgrade to a different AR. Get something that actually has the resale value. the Del ton just doesnt have the resale value.That any of the others have.I deal in guns everyday. you might pay a touch more , but it will always be worth more.

Thats true del-ton may not have a good resale vaiue, but you dont have mutch money in it anyway, and unless you are planing on selling your gun one day I wouldnt worry about it. You can a compleat del-ton gun done for around $700 depending on what lower you use. If you wanted to build a stag ( good name brand) This is a good deal if you dont mind the wate. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=121&t=636628 .:beer:

rockrash
05-04-2009, 08:49 PM
So is the Del-ton upgradeable? For example will other manufactures "parts" fit on there?

Yes they will fit.

THECHAD
05-04-2009, 11:49 PM
most parts are interchangeable between the ARs but for $150-200 more you can have a nice DPMS with a stainless fluted bull barrel, heck you can get the dpms LR308 with stainless fluted bull barrel for $950, what configuration are you looking for. a shorty ie..colapsable butstock and 16 inch barrel, or are you looking for the longer barrel?