any Western VA JK'ers ? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: any Western VA JK'ers ?

Bluewaterrider
05-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Any JKer's close to me in Roanoke, VA ??

please give me a shout to get some runs set up :idea: !:jeep2:

:beer::beer:

Bluewaterrider
05-07-2009, 08:41 AM
I have seen tons of JK's around here and none of them are on this Forum WTF ! ! ! !

gold knight
05-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure Bluewater, other than those Florida folks with their own section you could hear a pin drop in here:shaking:

ting...ting.............:bawling:

WahooJeep
06-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Any time you want to come up to Crozet, Let me know...

Bluewaterrider
06-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Any time you want to come up to Crozet, Let me know...

I appreciate the invite !!

I am also a member of SCC4x4.com here in Roanoke. I am Bluewaterrider on SCC also.

I know Sean and JT go up there to wheel a lot especially since Sean got Lucky.

I look forward to meeting you sometime.

paul

WahooJeep
06-07-2009, 01:30 PM
You should come up for the run on my birthday, 7/11. We should have the cage done in the LJ by then. :bounce::bounce:

Bluewaterrider
06-07-2009, 01:34 PM
You should come up for the run on my birthday, 7/11. We should have the cage done in the LJ by then. :bounce::bounce:

Right on, I am putting it on the calendar:beer:

betrlyf
06-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Wahoojeep...where do you go wheelin'. My Rubi is stock for now:bawling: but I'd like to go someplace fairly close. Went to Peters Mill and Taskers Gap on Massenutten Mt. a couple of weeks ago. Not much more than a rocky trail ride but pretty nice.

WahooJeep
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm on the BOD of RCPFA, the club operating at Crozet, so I wheel out there pretty often.

I usually wheel my LJ at Crozet, its a little more built...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e32/chendricks1971/Wounded%20EOD%20Warrior/IMG_1601.jpg

We go to Flagpole in GWNF for camping and wheeling.

We also hit Pott's Mountain outside Roanoke, and head up to Rausch Creek in PA 2-3 times a year.

I try to make it to one of the Big Dogs events in Gore each season.

HTH,

Chris

levellinebrad
06-09-2009, 07:34 PM
send some more pics of where you guys wheel at. I vacation up in the the mountains in Va. and would love to come up and wheel some time. Also, I dont know how far you guys are from uwharrie national forest, but it is well worth a trip from roanoke. Plenty of campsites and some pretty decent fishing. The wheeling is good man. Gets better every year.

motors4fun
06-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I am not in the Western Va area but I have to go that way to do anything fun. I am planning a trip on the 17th of July. Planning on doing some wheeling, camping, drinking. Probable in that same order. I was going to go to Crab tree falls since i have been there before, but if a few jeeps are interested in going camping that weekend I can all go up to your neck of the woods.

WilliamAWebb
06-17-2009, 02:48 PM
you know im always up for a run. i got the sliders on and winch on the way. Im making some homemade coilovers to help with the droop from my bumper and winch. i also put on a bodylift for somemore fender clearance. i ran crabtree falls last week but i really want to try dictums if you want to do that one weekend. im also planning on going tp crozet for wahoojeep's bday. once i get back in august i will be up for anything anytime. im real excited to try crozet but o need to get an oilpan skid before that weekend.

motors4fun
06-17-2009, 08:54 PM
I was looking at youtube videos of Dictums Ridge Trail and it looks like you would need a hell of a rig to make it through there. The other place you mentioned would be great were it not for the 40 dollars you need to pay to get in. I know crabtree is not all that difficult but i was looking at introducing my kid (whos now 8) to camping and a little off roading to get see how he likes it.

Bluewaterrider
06-17-2009, 10:11 PM
I was looking at youtube videos of Dictums Ridge Trail and it looks like you would need a hell of a rig to make it through there. The other place you mentioned would be great were it not for the 40 dollars you need to pay to get in. I know crabtree is not all that difficult but i was looking at introducing my kid (whos now 8) to camping and a little off roading to get see how he likes it.

I am guessing ya'll are talking about Shoe Creek when you say Crabtree falls?

motors4fun
06-18-2009, 05:38 AM
not sure if it has another name but I know its near a town called Montebello.

Bluewaterrider
06-18-2009, 09:25 AM
not sure if it has another name but I know its near a town called Montebello.

If you pass the Crabrtee falls parking lot on your left and keep going straight then yes that is Shoe Creek.

DWBJK09
06-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey, I'm new on this, but I saw you're from Roanoke. I'm from there also. Just got my JK 16 APR of this year. What part of Roanoke are you from?

WahooJeep
06-19-2009, 07:41 PM
I put up a bunch of pics of Crozet in this thread for anyone who was interested.

http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10838

Bluewaterrider
06-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey, I'm new on this, but I saw you're from Roanoke. I'm from there also. Just got my JK 16 APR of this year. What part of Roanoke are you from?

I live behind Lochhaven Lake ( it's really a huge pond ) off Timberview Road near Hanging Rock in North Roanoke County.

WahooJeep
06-20-2009, 06:42 AM
I live behind Lochhaven Lake ( it's really a huge pond ) off Timberview Road near Hanging Rock in North Roanoke County.

I know where that is :)

I went to Northside, I had friends that lived in that area.

Chris

ohv_kj
06-26-2009, 10:59 AM
igrew up in va...now down here...i want to wheel crozet...

motors4fun
07-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Last call for anyone interesed in going to Crabtree Falls this weekend. Shoot me a PM with phone number so we can get a meeting palce set up.

Bluewaterrider
07-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Last call for anyone interesed in going to Crabtree Falls this weekend. Shoot me a PM with phone number so we can get a meeting palce set up.

do you mean THIS weekend the 11th and 12th, or, this comming weekend the 18th and 19th ?????

I just ran Pott's Mtn Jeep trail yeasterday so I have had my wheeling for this weekend.

try to give everyone more notice next time to get a better turn out.

:beer:

motors4fun
07-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I am talking about the 17th 18th and 19th. Pm if your interested.

7Slots
07-13-2009, 10:16 AM
There is a chance that I will be up there on Sunday the 19th, i'll know better toward the end of the week.

Clay

motors4fun
07-13-2009, 10:28 AM
shoot me a pm and i'll send you my number, probably going to leave around noon on sunday but we could wheel the morning away after we get packed up.

RODICON
07-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Love to go there someday, My grandfather is from there. Do you have any Rockcrawling?

motors4fun
07-14-2009, 02:34 PM
I am going to have to postpone the trip by at least two weeks. My wife is has been ill for some time and we need to have more testing done Friday. This situation may give more people a chance to prepare and plan so we could have an even bigger meet!!!

Bluewaterrider
07-14-2009, 10:29 PM
I am going to have to postpone the trip by at least two weeks. My wife is has been ill for some time and we need to have more testing done Friday. This situation may give more people a chance to prepare and plan so we could have an even bigger meet!!!

Maybe you should do a repost/new thread in the USA south east/virginia trail tride section?