Moving to Clovis, NM [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Moving to Clovis, NM

CapnDonsGhost
05-03-2009, 10:12 AM
The USAF in her infinite wisdom, has seen fit to move me to Cannon, AFB.

Just looking for folks to wheel and wrench with in the local area, I;ll be arriving out there by next week.

qpcs
05-03-2009, 05:19 PM
I lived in Clovis for a few years. I moved about 90 miles east to Lubbock, Tx in 02. Clovis is a small town that pretty much is only there because of Cannon Air Force Base.

There is not a lot of wheeling around there (to my knowledge). Palo Duro Canyon, in Amarillo is about an hour and a half away. The Pecos Mountains and Ruidoso were the closest places for decent outdoor activities and that is a good 3-4 hour drive.

I won't talk poorly of the place, because it is what you make it. However, you will see a lot more low-riders and ricers than you will modified 4x4's. Hell, the Jeep dealer there often times does not even have a JK on the lot when I pass through Clovis.

Good luck and thanks for your service.

CapnDonsGhost
05-05-2009, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll just drive over the lowriders and scrape the ricers off the grille.

mudboggbob
05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Clovis has changed quite a bit since 02. theres plenty of fellow wheelers here. you do have to travel a little for decent wheelin, but alot of 4x4's here.