JKOwners Forum banner

CB

8K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  banned01010 
#1 ·
Want to buy my CB before Jeep beach and found this on E-Bay
Cobra 76 XTR 40-Channels Handheld CB Radio NEW SALE for $48.75
without antenna,any Feed back.

#2 · (Edited)
Ebay reviews on this all looked very good. Just a few compaints about the antennae lacking.
And it only comes in blue...lol... Maybe this is the one I should get, I don't need to spend 100+ bucks for a cb

A little comparison thought re: the 75 vs 76
The 75 has Soundtracker noise reduction technology, 10 weather channels, and scan mode (76 doesn't appear to offer these features).

#4 ·
What did you pay? and where did you get it?

#6 ·
Yeah thats the one. I wonder if that Noise reduction is worth the Difference.

#8 ·
I don't know if the price you quoted included shipping. But you can get it for as low as $49.10 shipped ($42.61 + $6.49 shipping) on amazon. com. And it's easier to return if you have a problem with it.LINK

First off I've never used the 76 so I'm only going on speculation and what I remember from when I was researching which one to buy back in Dec. The downsides I see of the 76 is the neon blue glow (will get hot eventually) and the lack of soundtracker, to help cut down static. Also it's more of a very short range entry level radio. I don't know how well others will be able to hear you if the integrated mike is crappy. Remember you get what you pay for.:bawling:

I got my Cobra 75 and I'm really happy with it. Bought it as a kit with antenna, mount and cables here. for $169 + shipping. You can probably find better if you shop around longer.

Then I did the license plate area mount using the Firestik SS-274A (universal mount) from a write-up I saw on another jeep forum. A hammer and a dremel can make anything fit. These pics are not from my kit, cause the kit doesn't come with the fire ring cable, just a standard cable and the mounting bracket is slightly longer (used dremel to cut to fit) but you get the idea.

#11 ·
I bought the kit that idrive jeeps was talking about. It didn't take long to install and it is not visible at all. I tried to tune it but didn't have to. it came set right out of the box. I did talk to a guy on it and he said he was about 5 miles away and I could hear him really good. So it must be good enough for what I want it for. Here is the link again http://www.rightchannelradios.com/j.../jeep-off-road-cb-kit-cobra-75-wx-st-419.html If you want pics of the install I did let me know and I will go take some later today.

#13 ·
I run a small trucking company and my local drivers swear by the CB shop off I-75 at exit 358 Hwy 326 north Ocala. Don't know name but it's on east side of exit and has good signage. Haven't been myself yet but I'll check it out next time I'm down that way. I'm told you can get a better deal on low or mid pricerange cb's by buying used... seems truck drivers like to upgrade their stuff regularly and trade in the old. I'm told that in many cases they can also modify your existing equipment to increase its range.

#14 ·
Thanks for all the replies :) Im still not sure if to purchase the 75 or 76 :shaking: But it needs to be done B4 Jeep Beach.

#22 ·
HIJACK ON!!!!!!:thefinger:

I go tomorrow (Friday) for the wheels and tires and then if I have enough time I thought about doing the bedliner but I want it to be dry before saturday at 7pm for the Meet. If I can't do it over this weekend maybe Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday.....before Jeep Beach. Whens good for you??

HIJACK OFF!!!!!:thefinger:

Ha! I said Jack Off!

#20 ·
This is about me,Not Jakes's wanna be JK!!!!!!! Start your own post.

#24 ·
Remember you get what you pay for.:bawling:I got my Cobra 75 and I'm really happy with it. Bought it as a kit with antenna, mount and cables here. for $169 + shipping. You can probably find better if you shop around longer.

Then I did the license plate area mount using the Firestik SS-274A (universal mount) from a write-up I saw on another jeep forum. A hammer and a dremel can make anything fit. These pics are not from my kit, cause the kit doesn't come with the fire ring cable, just a standard cable and the mounting bracket is slightly longer (used dremel to cut to fit) but you get the idea.

[/QUOTE]

Well I am ready to pull the trigger on this. That statement YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR has always been my Saying.I need moral support guys :bawling:

#29 ·
Dam Dave you're an A**HOLE :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.