JetChip??? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: JetChip???

grayghost
12-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Has anyone installed a JetChip Stage 1? Has it helped much? Is there a better turner for the JK?

Xyster
12-19-2007, 06:41 PM
I have. The difference is very slight in my opinion, but there's a little more pep and I think the automatic is shifting better than it did. I'd say if you have the money then try it.

jeepik
12-20-2007, 07:51 AM
i have it, dont think the change was drastic, but i put in an exhaust, cai and chip at the same time

when i take mine in for service, i take the chip off, and dont really notice any decrease in power

Xyster
12-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah, like I said, it's very slight. The only times I think I've noticed it is going up hill.

grayghost
12-20-2007, 03:01 PM
I have done the KN flat filter and the Gibson exhaust, but the auto trans wants to "hunt" for a gear between 40-50 mph on flat terrain. Take it out of overdrive and it is OK. I would like to find alittle more power to see if it would cure the problem.

Jrgunn5150
12-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Try a CAI and TB spacer then.

IMO, I would wait and hope SCT decides to come out with a tuner for us. I have alway's used their product's on my Mustang and been very happy. It's nice to be able to adjust timing, fuel, shift point's, firmness, etc at will.

FzyPChz
12-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Has anyone installed a JetChip Stage 1? Has it helped much? Is there a better turner for the JK?

I have one too, but got it in hopes of mileage improvement rather than power. To date, I've run several tanks w/o it (4 fill ups) and averaged 16.2mpg. With the Chip, I'm getting about 15.9 now on my 3rd fill up...

I felt more power gains w/ the CAI and exhaust combo (had those first) and like Jeepik, when I took the chip out while running my experiment, I didn't notice loss of power either...