Phx JKers BS Thread [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Phx JKers BS Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

ZooseJK
04-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Wanted to get something going for everyone in AZ to talk about anything!!! This Idea came from another member. Post Up!!

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Wanted to get something going for everyone in AZ to talk about anything!!! This Idea came from another member. Post Up!!

Rock on bro.... Now its time to recruit the crew:beer:

BTW I guess Jan bought some longfileds....He just couldn't wait haha. We're gonna install them at Camerons on Saturday so if you want to stop by shoot him a PM...

ZooseJK
04-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Rock on bro.... Now its time to recruit the crew:beer:

BTW I guess Jan bought some longfileds....He just couldn't wait haha. We're gonna install them at Camerons on Saturday so if you want to stop by shoot him a PM...

I would if I could but thats the day im doing Martinez cabin. Switch it to Sun and come with!

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-21-2009, 05:16 PM
I would if I could but thats the day im doing Martinez cabin. Switch it to Sun and come with!

Haha I dont think I'm gonna be able to swng that long of a trip on such short notice... Thanks for the invite though

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-22-2009, 09:51 AM
To all the AZ JKERS out there:

We're having a meet-n-great and an easy scenic trail run at 7 springs on the 3rd of MAY. more details to come, bit if you interested don't hesitate to post up. :beer:

ZooseJK
04-22-2009, 02:17 PM
To all the AZ JKERS out there:

We're having a meet-n-great and an easy scenic trail run at 7 springs on the 3rd of MAY. more details to come, bit if you interested don't hesitate to post up. :beer:

Ill be there!

CRWLNJK
04-23-2009, 03:59 PM
I am in if we aren't moving in to our new house that weekend.

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-23-2009, 04:04 PM

Rock on bro. Again just check in to stay posted... This is an easy trail so no big deal if you miss it. With a setup like yours though, are you wanting to run some more difficult trails?

RubiJK
04-23-2009, 04:31 PM
BS, BS, BS....

:D

ZooseJK
04-23-2009, 04:36 PM

Take jeep, get trailer, pack everything on trailer... take the long way through the trail with us!

ZooseJK
04-23-2009, 04:37 PM
:mr-t:BS, BS, BS....

BS? Long time no talk Rubi!

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Take jeep, get trailer, pack everything on trailer... take the long way through the trail with us!

HAHA can you imagine someone really doing that...? The only nut I know crazy enough to do it would be Jason...

BS, BS, BS....

Oh crap Jason is that you.... How'd you find us :laughing2:

RubiJK
04-24-2009, 01:27 AM
:mr-t:

BS? Long time no talk Rubi!

You said this is the AZ BS thread... So I was just BS'ing!

HAHA can you imagine someone really doing that...? The only nut I know crazy enough to do it would be Jason...

Oh crap Jason is that you.... How'd you find us :laughing2:

C'mon Scott, you know I am everywhere... You cant hide from me!

Life has been crazy hectic busy. I'm hoping to join the next AZ run and will do my best. After my adventure to Moab, we def need to plan a trip out that way! You wanna see crazy??? Lets go! v :bounce:

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-24-2009, 08:42 AM

Life has been crazy hectic busy. I'm hoping to join the next AZ run and will do my best. After my adventure to Moab, we def need to plan a trip out that way! You wanna see crazy??? Lets go! v :bounce:

I think we should definitley do Moab. I would easily be able to pull it off in May if you really want to get some stuff going. I know a lot of the other guys would be interested too as long as we have time to plan ahead.

ZooseJK
04-24-2009, 08:43 AM

Id be down!

RubiJK
04-24-2009, 05:23 PM
I have been working WAY too hard lately... Time to wheel!

So for those of you that know I am a little crazy, now I OFFICIALLY have TWO personalities. Let me introduce you to Jason II... :grinpimp:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8689

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Theres a pavilions Car Show today and were having a JK meet-n-greet... We have some nice jeeps attending, 2 of which are sitting on 40s as well as the YELLOW JACKET by COP4x4 (5.7 Hemi and coilovers front and rear) We're going to meet at UNCLE SAMS at 3pm sharp (10520 N 90th St, Scottsdale, AZ‎) for some food first before heading out there... Bring you families, bring, your friends, and just come hang out with some local AZ JKers...

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the many cool people who showed up... If you didn't you guys missed a lot...!
http://my.project-jk.com/data/1815/medium/DSC062282.jpg

http://my.project-jk.com/data/1815/medium/DSC062352.jpg

http://my.project-jk.com/data/1815/medium/DSC062682.jpg

jdemonto
04-26-2009, 03:05 PM
You guys left too early! I got there at 7pm and hung out with some jeep guys for about a hour.

Jason

ZooseJK
04-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Damnit i missed out! I was out at martinez cabin! I need someone to by my informer. I dont have internet at home. If you have my number text me with these things please!!

steves07jk
04-26-2009, 05:01 PM
I am here. I wanted to come out last night scott but being two days out of back surgery wasnt a good idea

rover1301
04-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Glad to see everyone again!

I won't be able to make the May run, it's my weekend to cover the store!

PAHUNTER21
04-26-2009, 06:31 PM
OH HEY GUYS! Fancy meeting you here!

:beer:

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-26-2009, 08:36 PM
awesome man...! glad to see everyone hittin up JKO. :beer: Steve, its good to know everything went well with your surgery. BTW I still owe you a pressure gauge...

jdemonto
04-26-2009, 09:00 PM
http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8750

I posted a run here, you guys are invited

jason

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-26-2009, 11:00 PM
http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8750

I posted a run here, you guys are invited

jason

Sweet bro, Im gonna talk to the wife about this one and see if I can swing it. How early are you guys heading out? (the earlier the better)

ZooseJK
04-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Im glad to see all my forum boys made it here! Welcome!

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Morning everyone... So check this out: Yesterday Cameron and I were gonna hit up those rolls right by his house for some fun. He was entering from the spot which was on Tatum and Jomax again litterally next door to his house...As he turned in low and behold cops were there writing trasspassing tickets to everyone driving in... I really felt bad cause he litterally was only maybe a car length in the desert before the sirens hit. I tried to enter in from CaveCreek and Jomax, but turned around when cameron texted me what was happening. This whole thing is really stupid because afterwards I circumvented the off-road area and they're is litterally only ONE no-trasspassing sign that I could find and it was maybe a foot wide w/ tiny lettering giving the warning. Both of us respect authoirty but the reasoning and warning behind this offence is rediculous. He's gonna try to fight the ticket. Are other areas like this where there are maybe one warning sign miles outta the way even though there are about 10 to 20 unwarned entrances that seem ligit?

axsys
04-27-2009, 10:36 AM
oh believe me, im fighting it. i went back and took pictures of where i entered and where i got pulled over. my court date is the 19th so ill keep everyone updated. you would think the cop could have just said "get out of here" but noooooo.....

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-27-2009, 10:45 AM
oh believe me, im fighting it. i went back and took pictures of where i entered and where i got pulled over. my court date is the 19th so ill keep everyone updated. you would think the cop could have just said "get out of here" but noooooo.....

I was even more upset cause we didn't end up wheeling that day:thefinger:

axsys
04-27-2009, 10:51 AM
I was even more upset cause we didn't end up wheeling that day:thefinger:

i know. but i should get my new shocks and springs this week so we can go find somewhere to do a flex test :D

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-27-2009, 11:08 AM
i know. but i should get my new shocks and springs this week so we can go find somewhere to do a flex test :D

We're still doing Josh's lift on saturday right?

steves07jk
04-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Let me know I might come check it out.I really want to change diff covers cause my rear is leaking. But I cant lay on my back to do anything but I would come hang out and bs with you guys if you do joshs lift.

ZooseJK
04-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Yea Cameron Sat is the best night for me!!! I will plan for it!

axsys
04-27-2009, 11:55 AM
yep saturday it is. my shocks are on backorder though so i wont have them till after mothers day, aka no jeeping for a while :(

steve, do you already have covers? we can change them out for you.

ZooseJK
04-27-2009, 12:01 PM
yep saturday it is. my shocks are on backorder though so i wont have them till after mothers day, aka no jeeping for a while :(

steve, do you already have covers? we can change them out for you.

why no jeeping?

axsys
04-27-2009, 12:16 PM
why no jeeping?

well i thought i would have the shocks by saturday when we put my RC ones on your Jeep, but the only other shocks i have are the stock ones which wont survive offroading with my lift. i guess teraflex is in short supply of the shocks as every retailer i have called says they are out of stock

steves07jk
04-27-2009, 02:01 PM
I dont have them yet but 4wheel parts said they could have them here asap

ZooseJK
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
well i thought i would have the shocks by saturday when we put my RC ones on your Jeep, but the only other shocks i have are the stock ones which wont survive offroading with my lift. i guess teraflex is in short supply of the shocks as every retailer i have called says they are out of stock

The install on my lift is postponed until cameron gets his new shocks. We will keep you posted.

Hows everyones day going?

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-27-2009, 02:52 PM
The install on my lift is postponed until cameron gets his new shocks. We will keep you posted.

Hows everyones day going?

Ugh thats horrible news.... Gosh dang it cameron... Have you tried contacting some local shops to see if they have it stocked or am I gonna have to do it for you?

ZooseJK
04-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Ugh thats horrible news.... Gosh dang it cameron... Have you tried contacting some local shops to see if they have it stocked or am I gonna have to do it for you?

For me it works out a little better so im not to worried. Something came up last minute. and im going to have to hold off a little. so i figure cameron can keep the lift on and we can worrie about it later.

axsys
04-27-2009, 04:10 PM

haha, i tried callin 4 wheel parts but they dont stock TF parts. who else local would have them?

hidX
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
That sucks about the ticket. I have gone out there MANY times. I think it is state trust land isnt it? If it is, go buy a pass now so you have it when you fight it. What did the no trespassing sign say too?

By the way, why are you dead set on TF shocks? I had a set of the 9550's and wasnt overly impressed. They werent bad, but they are really just a run of the mill twin tube... Of course, that is just my opinion, but I like the OME low pressure twin tubes better, or a decent mono-tube...

steves07jk
04-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Cameron try airpark they stock teraflex kits theres a guy on here that works there he might be able to do something.

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Cameron try airpark they stock teraflex kits theres a guy on here that works there he might be able to do something.

Desert rat too...:beer:

phaed
04-27-2009, 07:54 PM
anyone know of a beginner trail in southern az (i live in sierra vista). i've looked around online, and it looks like the most advertised trails are around phoenix and north of that.

also, i'm not familiar with that difficulty rating that i've seen. i'm guessing a 3.0 is easier than a 4+. but, how difficult is difficult? i've got a stock rubi 4 door. what would it be capable of without lift or bigger tires, given the driver is new?

ZooseJK
04-27-2009, 08:26 PM
anyone know of a beginner trail in southern az (i live in sierra vista). i've looked around online, and it looks like the most advertised trails are around phoenix and north of that.

also, i'm not familiar with that difficulty rating that i've seen. i'm guessing a 3.0 is easier than a 4+. but, how difficult is difficult? i've got a stock rubi 4 door. what would it be capable of without lift or bigger tires, given the driver is new?

It really depends on where your looking everyone has their own idea of what each trail is rated. Id say a stock rubi could do up to a 3-3.5 Check out the wells book with all az trails. I dont have the exact title can someone post for him? Thanks!

rover1301
04-27-2009, 08:31 PM

Go to a bookstore and pick up the Wells Book (Az. Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails), they might be a few others you can buy also.
It lists about 9 different trails in the Tucson and Sierra Vista area.

Your rubicon is a very capable Jeep, you just need lots of practice to get comfortable in learning yours and it's limitations!
Yes the higher the number the harder the trail, start out small and work your way up.
Never go out wheeling alone, and always tell someone about your travel plans.
As for stock Rubicon capabilities, ask Jason, he has put his through everything!.....he might tell you it has no limits!:)

axsys
04-27-2009, 08:34 PM
That sucks about the ticket. I have gone out there MANY times. I think it is state trust land isnt it? If it is, go buy a pass now so you have it when you fight it. What did the no trespassing sign say too?

By the way, why are you dead set on TF shocks? I had a set of the 9550's and wasnt overly impressed. They werent bad, but they are really just a run of the mill twin tube... Of course, that is just my opinion, but I like the OME low pressure twin tubes better, or a decent mono-tube...

the cop said that while it is state trust land, its still a "no trespassing zone".....?

so you would suggest the OME shocks instead? the normal or long travel? im looking for something in the same price range (~$60 per shock)

Do these look good? http://www.quadratec.com/products/56019_001.htm ;)

steve, i think the dealer has to order TF parts if youre not buying a whole kit. at least that was the case when i was looking to buy TF springs

hidX
04-27-2009, 08:59 PM
the cop said that while it is state trust land, its still a "no trespassing zone".....?

so you would suggest the OME shocks instead? the normal or long travel? im looking for something in the same price range (~$60 per shock)

Do these look good? http://www.quadratec.com/products/56019_001.htm ;)

steve, i think the dealer has to order TF parts if youre not buying a whole kit. at least that was the case when i was looking to buy TF springs

I do like the OME, but I dont think they are the best out there by any means. They are a little different being low pressure gas twin tube instead of high pressure. Honestly, my favorite shocks I have had were my stock Rubicon shocks. They were just a good set of mono-tubes. I'm not familiar with the ones in that link. Look generic and dont mention if they are mono or twin.

One monotube that I really was considering was the Bilstein 5100. Very popular, good name, somewhat reasonably priced. I think they are around $80 if I remember. I was bouncing back and forth between them and the OME's. As far as the OME, you would have to get the LT with a lift as the std dont have enough travel. I'd compare that too... IE, the OME LT are 28" extended and 16.5" collapsed (rear), and 27.5" ext and 16" collapsed (front). You will see a slight range in travel, mostly in the down travel. You might need to consider limiting straps if you go too long and your springs are falling out. You can also control some of it with specific bumpstops. I love lots of down travel! For reference, the TF 1554200 (for 2-3" lifts) are 28.09" ext/17.25" coll (rear), and 26.89" ext/17.25" coll (front).

Also, if you want the TF call Travis at Airpark (480-556-7400 ask for parts) and tell him you are a member of VJC to get our discount...

VERY strange about the "no trespassing" on STL! I dont get it...

hidX
04-27-2009, 09:07 PM

Go to a bookstore and pick up the Wells Book (Az. Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails), they might be a few others you can buy also.
It lists about 9 different trails in the Tucson and Sierra Vista area.

Your rubicon is a very capable Jeep, you just need lots of practice to get comfortable in learning yours and it's limitations!
Yes the higher the number the harder the trail, start out small and work your way up.
Never go out wheeling alone, and always tell someone about your travel plans.
As for stock Rubicon capabilities, ask Jason, he has put his through everything!.....he might tell you it has no limits!:)

Thanks! ...maybe?!?! :grinpimp:

Your 4 door Rubi on 32's is so long that it is like a 2 door on 30's... when it comes to break over angle. Thats our biggest shortfall. At the same time, that longer wheel base will allow you to crawl falls and cliffs that a 2 door couldnt even consider. I beat the crap out of mine when it was stock. The hardest trail I did was Elvis, and that is a solid 3.5 trail. ...and that required some scraping, pulling, tugging and winching. Keep in mind that these ratings are based on your running ALL of the obstacles. So it is worst case scenario. Still, not all obstacles that give a trail a rating have bypasses. I would say to stay at 3.0 and below. Even some of those can present challenges for you. Anything over 2.5 I would suggest running with somebody experienced or that has done it before and is willing to help you through it. Seat time is the most valuable thing to get, but you dont get much experience running forest service roads. You have to push yourself and your rig to improve. Tag along with some of these guys and you will figure out your limits soon enough. Welcome and cheers! :beer:

axsys
04-27-2009, 09:18 PM
I do like the OME, but I dont think they are the best out there by any means. They are a little different being low pressure gas twin tube instead of high pressure. Honestly, my favorite shocks I have had were my stock Rubicon shocks. They were just a good set of mono-tubes. I'm not familiar with the ones in that link. Look generic and dont mention if they are mono or twin.

One monotube that I really was considering was the Bilstein 5100. Very popular, good name, somewhat reasonably priced. I think they are around $80 if I remember. I was bouncing back and forth between them and the OME's. As far as the OME, you would have to get the LT with a lift as the std dont have enough travel. I'd compare that too... IE, the OME LT are 28" extended and 16.5" collapsed (rear), and 27.5" ext and 16" collapsed (front). You will see a slight range in travel, mostly in the down travel. You might need to consider limiting straps if you go too long and your springs are falling out. You can also control some of it with specific bumpstops. I love lots of down travel! For reference, the TF 1554200 (for 2-3" lifts) are 28.09" ext/17.25" coll (rear), and 26.89" ext/17.25" coll (front).

Also, if you want the TF call Travis at Airpark (480-556-7400 ask for parts) and tell him you are a member of VJC to get our discount...

VERY strange about the "no trespassing" on STL! I dont get it...

Cmon Jason, I was kiddin about those white shocks. ;)

One of the main reasons I was planning on the 9550s was that Scott is runnin those, and I like the way he Jeep rides. Ill check out the OME LT shocks though. From what it sounds like, your sayin that theres nothin wrong with the TF shocks, you just like the OMEs better.

phaed, if youre planning on doing something somewhat difficult, i would just suggest going with someone. there are plenty of guys in mesa/chandler that would love to go with ya.

RubiJK
04-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Cmon Jason, I was kiddin about those white shocks. ;)

One of the main reasons I was planning on the 9550s was that Scott is runnin those, and I like the way he Jeep rides. Ill check out the OME LT shocks though. From what it sounds like, your sayin that theres nothin wrong with the TF shocks, you just like the OMEs better.

phaed, if youre planning on doing something somewhat difficult, i would just suggest going with someone. there are plenty of guys in mesa/chandler that would love to go with ya.

WHEW! Man, I didnt know what to think of that link you posted!!! LMAO!

Yep, I wasnt really disappointed in my TF shocks, but did want something a little less rigid. My on street ride was stiffer than I wanted. The OME's helped a little. Dont forget, that riding on 40's will change the ride a LOT! :D So, will air pressure, wheel width, spring rate, bla, bla, bla... You know all that, just reminding you. I also think shocks and "the ride" are so personal that its hard to give opinions. Maybe look at the Ranchos' that you can dial in soft/hard? I was really thinking about those also...

phaed
04-27-2009, 10:17 PM
appreciate the info folks. off to buy the wells book.

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Wow today was a long day... Night everyone:beer:

jdemonto
04-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey guys for ANY parts you need for your Jeep Travis can help you out, just ask for the "jeep club discount"

We are a dealer for:

Teraflex

AEV

HIDX

True Flow

Fabfours

BFG

Goodyear

We can get ANY jeep parts you need!

10% above cost

25% off list for OEM

Travis 480-556-7483

----------------------------

If your on stateland you need a STL permit, they are supposed to lower the price back to $15 (2 people) and $25 (families)

-------------------------------

As for shocks I like the Bilstien 5100's I run them they rock!

Jason

axsys
04-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey guys for ANY parts you need for your Jeep Travis can help you out, just ask for the "jeep club discount"

We are a dealer for:

Teraflex

AEV

HIDX

True Flow

Fabfours

BFG

Goodyear

We can get ANY jeep parts you need!

10% above cost

25% off list for OEM

Travis 480-556-7483

----------------------------

If your on stateland you need a STL permit, they are supposed to lower the price back to $15 (2 people) and $25 (families)

-------------------------------

As for shocks I like the Bilstien 5100's I run them they rock!

Jason

Thanks Jason, I will give him a call tomorrow!

ZooseJK
04-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Josh - I thought you could only access the Internet from work. Did you get something at home?

Still no internet access at home. We are in the boonies so we cant get cox or quest we gotta do the satilite stuff... it sucks!

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Still no internet access at home. We are in the boonies so we cant get cox or quest we gotta do the satilite stuff... it sucks!

that does suck bro, have you considered an air card, or two? It might be a lot cheaper than satalite internet and a lot more convienant since it works anywhere your cell works.

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Hey big change in plans on where were meeting: After talking to my dad, we both agree that we should start the trail from the back way which is near CAVECREEK AND CAREFREE HWY. This will save us a lot of driving time to the trail head.

The new meeting spot will be:Chevron on the South West corner of CAVECREEK AND CAREFREE HWY (specifically 5439 E Carefree Hwy, Cave Creek, AZ‎ 85331)

Is everyone cool with this?

ZooseJK
04-28-2009, 11:15 AM
that does suck bro, have you considered an air card, or two? It might be a lot cheaper than satalite internet and a lot more convienant since it works anywhere your cell works.

Yea its about 60 a month and we have roommates so once our landlord gets off his rear and gets it taken care of through satalite it will be good.

steves07jk
04-28-2009, 11:44 AM
hey scott is this trial real bumpy? I am thinking I might be able to handle it . I guess I really wont know till fri and see how I feel

ZooseJK
04-28-2009, 12:38 PM
hey scott is this trial real bumpy? I am thinking I might be able to handle it . I guess I really wont know till fri and see how I feel

Steve, All Trials can be bumpy.. i guess it really depends on the judge, the prosecuter and also what type of jury you have.

We can ask Cameron how bumpy his trial is when he is done. :mr-t:

:beer:

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-28-2009, 12:52 PM

it can be at times but theres a lot of soft dirt an even sand in some areas. just air down to 8psi and enjoy the ride :beer:

jdemonto
04-28-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=117243#post117243

Hey guys I need to move the Martinez Canyon Loop run to May17th (Sunday)

Ar you may know May 10th is Mothers day and there's no wheelin for me on Mothers day ;)

Jason

steves07jk
04-28-2009, 03:18 PM
I just dont want one of them trails that theres bumps all ride long. I know there will be bumps just not all day. I dont know if my back could handle that. Josh can you send me the member directory in another format my comp cant open it.

ZooseJK
04-28-2009, 03:31 PM
I just dont want one of them trails that theres bumps all ride long. I know there will be bumps just not all day. I dont know if my back could handle that. Josh can you send me the member directory in another format my comp cant open it.

HMM what program you trying to open it with?

DRIVEN1
04-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Airpark Jason:
Can you send me details on the May 17th ride? Found bits and pieces on the forum but not everything. Thank you,

jdemonto
04-29-2009, 01:22 AM
Airpark Jason:
Can you send me details on the May 17th ride? Found bits and pieces on the forum but not everything. Thank you,

Sent PM

Jason

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-29-2009, 10:14 AM
:bounce:Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen:bounce:

hidX
04-29-2009, 10:25 AM
and a good morning it is!

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-29-2009, 10:49 AM
and a good morning it is!

You seem peachy....lol... BTW are you gonna lend us your sunday and come join us? If not then :thefinger:

jdemonto
04-29-2009, 10:55 AM
:bounce:Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen:bounce:

Morning.....

Jason

hidX
04-29-2009, 10:58 AM
You seem peachy....lol... BTW are you gonna lend us your sunday and come join us? If not then :thefinger:

Well, the funny thing is that I will be out there... Just a couple hours before you guys. I am doin a birthday run thingy with the group from VJC. We are meeting up at 7am at the turnoff to Bartlett. I think its about 30 rigs or so, and I guess the plan is to go back into Sheeps Crossing and pull out some grills and have a big potluck lunch deal. We'll be on CH 4, and moving a lot slower than you guys I'm sure... Maybe meet up for a brat and a brew! :beer:

Oh yeah... :thefinger: back at ya...

:grinpimp:

hidX
04-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Morning.....

Jason

Hey Jason. I stopped by late around 5-5:15 to pick up a PO from Travis. You were scratching a deal, so I didnt hang around to say hi...

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Well, the funny thing is that I will be out there... Just a couple hours before you guys. I am doin a birthday run thingy with the group from VJC. We are meeting up at 7am at the turnoff to Bartlett. I think its about 30 rigs or so, and I guess the plan is to go back into Sheeps Crossing and pull out some grills and have a big potluck lunch deal. We'll be on CH 4, and moving a lot slower than you guys I'm sure... Maybe meet up for a brat and a brew! :beer:

Oh yeah... :thefinger: back at ya...

:grinpimp:

O yeah I forgot about that thing... small world bro. I was talking to shane in some posts on the VJC forum, and then randomly ran into him when we went to the pavilions. He told me you guys are doing that Birthday thing and also told me CH4. That's funny bro, but yeah if we see you guys we'll have to stop by and give you crap. Hey have you crossed the water in that area before? Last time my dad went out w/ his church he made it through to the other side then tried it in reverse back out. He hit an underwater ledge and got stuck w/ water over his hood...haha

hidX
04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Shane is good people! He is actually one of the guys who came to help drag James' JK back up that hill at the coves. I havent done the water crossing, but know several who had. Hopefully somebody will check the water table to know how strong its running. I dont make it out that way too often... a little on the tame side! Now... to see your ol' man sink his rig? Would have been worth the price of admission for sure!

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Shane is good people! He is actually one of the guys who came to help drag James' JK back up that hill at the coves. I havent done the water crossing, but know several who had. Hopefully somebody will check the water table to know how strong its running. I dont make it out that way too often... a little on the tame side! Now... to see your ol' man sink his rig? Would have been worth the price of admission for sure!

Some Pics:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e26/chozenchick89/Jeep/P1010200.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e26/chozenchick89/Jeep/Swamped5.jpg

How retarded can someone be to cross this in reverse...?:cookiemonster:

ZooseJK
04-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Soo whose birthday is it?

Have any of you guys signed up for that Disabled vets cherity thing thats posted on VJC? I did I think Im going to do it sounds fun

jdemonto
04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Hey Jason. I stopped by late around 5-5:15 to pick up a PO from Travis. You were scratching a deal, so I didnt hang around to say hi...

Yesterday? I do not remember what I was doing.....

Jason

ZooseJK
04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Yesterday? I do not remember what I was doing.....

Jason

I dont remember what I was doing 20 minutes ago!

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-29-2009, 04:53 PM
I dont remember what I was doing 20 minutes ago!

LMAO... Funny stuff man... Everyone did you see my little gag post in the JKF show and tell... Shhhh!!!! dont tell, but people think I'm so serious about getting lambo doors on my JK LMAO:D....

ZooseJK
04-29-2009, 05:49 PM
LMAO... Funny stuff man... Everyone did you see my little gag post in the JKF show and tell... Shhhh!!!! dont tell, but people think I'm so serious about getting lambo doors on my JK LMAO:D....

DOOOO it!!!!

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-29-2009, 05:55 PM
DOOOO it!!!!

NO...!

jdemonto
04-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah the Jk-forum sheeple will believe anything that is posted on the almighty Jk-forum.

Jason

PAHUNTER21
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
I think you should install an escalator instead of lambo doors. Then maybe I could get high enough to look inside. :)

hidX
04-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Just noticed a post for 4 Teraflex shocks that might work for a certain someone...

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8913

hidX
04-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Hey Scott... This guy has gone through 2 Longfields on his D60. He says something about needing to make sure the steering is setup correctly, or a certain way? Might be worth a phone call to see what might be the issue to make sure yours are dialed in.

Regardless, very cool rigs climbing a pretty sick fall at Payette... Poor dog though! lol
YouTube - Pyeatt Draw Waterfall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYjQYUfOdMM)

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey Scott... This guy has gone through 2 Longfields on his D60. He says something about needing to make sure the steering is setup correctly, or a certain way? Might be worth a phone call to see what might be the issue to make sure yours are dialed in.

Regardless, very cool rigs climbing a pretty sick fall at Payette... Poor dog though! lol

Thanks man. I'll have to look into it... BTW Jan got his set installed last saturday so I'm sure he'll wanna know too.:beer:

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
That's an awesome video and makes me want a rock buggy so bad... I'm wondering though how he broke it and if Bobby covered the new ones..? They install pretty straight foward w/ the shaft sliding in and the outer w/ the axle nut.... I'm curious to how I would modify it?

Also at Pyeatt Draw is that an optional waterfall? It looks like such a fun trail.

jdemonto
04-30-2009, 12:51 PM
The "draw" is a great trail, we are running it June 14th maybe I will post there run here.

Jason

axsys
04-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Just noticed a post for 4 Teraflex shocks that might work for a certain someone...

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8913

haha just saw these on JKF, already PMed him saying that i want them :)

jdemonto
04-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Jason - I think you said the waterfall does have a bypass where you can park and watch others attempt the waterfall, right?

Joe, the waterfall in the video is a buggy line only. The jeep line is far left and about 600' before the falls you have the filter where you can turn arround and drive up a dirt rd to the big falls and watch!

Jason

hidX
04-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Joe, the waterfall in the video is a buggy line only. The jeep line is far left and about 600' before the falls you have the filter where you can turn arround and drive up a dirt rd to the big falls and watch!

Jason

Yep, Jason is correct. The wash funnels into a pretty massive fall and pool, which is pretty much the end of the trail. That buggy line is crazy, but the "Jeep line" on the left side is almost crazy. This is Joe from Absolute (sitting on 37's) taking the Jeep line. You can see the buggy line in the right side of pic in the pool of water...
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_xHl04KOcohE/SLIQaiGijxI/AAAAAAAAEHU/AgSG-A_zl-k/s640/IMG_5736.jpg

My buddy in his XJ split a sidewall, broke his drvr front axle shaft and taco'ed his tie rod on his attempt...
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_xHl04KOcohE/SLIQcp2DSII/AAAAAAAAEHs/Q47J41cZfrU/s512/IMG_5740.jpg

Of course I was dumb enough to try it right after him! I never had a chance sitting on 33's at the time. It was pretty much a winch ride for me as I got high centered AND was sitting on frame in front, and in the back. I never even got to hit the throttle because I slid off line and got wedged in. I'll give it a run on my 35's, but I wouldnt bet money on making it.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_xHl04KOcohE/SLyjvzbokII/AAAAAAAAEdo/tZ1Mk1UJH-s/s640/100_0889.JPG

ZooseJK
04-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Good afternoon gentleman!:beer:

ZooseJK
04-30-2009, 01:48 PM
How's work today?

Just got in...very slooooowww

hidX
04-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Do you know if Joe made it without winching? Most of the pics I've seen had some winching involved.

BTW - I like the angle of that shot - most of them are from the side.

Yeah, Joe pulled cable on that one. A TJ went up it first and made it, also on 37's. I think Joe could have made it, but he only gave it a couple of tries and then took line.

Its funny because I remember seeing tons of pics of this obstacle and wanting to try it so bad. It looks tough, but not crazy in the pics... It was completely different in person! Its one of the few obstacles I have faced where I was actually nervous. You have to start off way right close to the water to get the right line and out from the undercut... Then if you slip or spin at all, it pushes you further right. The pucker factor is pretty high leaning toward that little cliff and the water!

jdemonto
04-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Heres the Filter, this is where most turn arround and watch

http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/19867/2579046230090072657S600x600Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2579046230090072657SNruVG)

Heres the big falls.....

http://inlinethumb52.webshots.com/6323/2146805960090072657S600x600Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2146805960090072657qpsHmU)

Here's my 07 album

http://thumb17.webshots.net/t/62/462/4/4/53/2343404530090072657byfGGT_th.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/album/560016574QwqGDl)

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-30-2009, 02:39 PM
You guys have some sweet pics. I definitley want to do this run...:beer:

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-30-2009, 02:52 PM
MAY RUN UPDATE:
as of April 29th

WHERE:
WE WILL BE MEETING at Chevron on the South West corner of CAVECREEK AND CAREFREE HWY (specifically 5439 E Carefree Hwy, Cave Creek, AZ‎ 85331)

WHEN:
May 3rd, 2009

TIME:
10:00AM SHARP, LEAVING AT 10:30 so plan ahead

WHO'S GOING:
Attending list
1-Zoose--------------------------------------------Patatoe salad and plates , forks and a girl!
2-PAHUNTER21-----------------------------------Grill, hot dogs, and buns again
3-RN M OVR
4-Amanty
5-silvel2edge
6-silvel2edge's friend
7-joes-jk-------------------------------------------Soda and ice
8-axsys
9-Scottg07-----------------------------------------Tomatoes, Lettuce, Onions, Lunchmeat and bread...
10-Scottg07 SR
11-sgt rock
12-CRWLNJK-maybe
13-steves07jk- pending back
14-JPTwinz- pending long drive
15-easyrdr- posted earlier, but hasn't verified attendence
16- JeepGeo

ITS A BBQ/POTLUCK SO BRING STUFF TO SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZooseJK
04-30-2009, 03:01 PM
MAY RUN UPDATE:
as of April 29th

WHERE:
WE WILL BE MEETING at Chevron on the South West corner of CAVECREEK AND CAREFREE HWY (specifically 5439 E Carefree Hwy, Cave Creek, AZ‎ 85331)

WHEN:
May 3rd, 2009

TIME:
10:00AM SHARP, LEAVING AT 10:30 so plan ahead

WHO'S GOING:
Attending list
1-Zoose--------------------------------------------Patatoe salad and plates , forks and a girl!
2-PAHUNTER21-----------------------------------Grill, hot dogs, and buns again
3-RN M OVR
4-Amanty
5-silvel2edge
6-silvel2edge's friend
7-joes-jk-------------------------------------------Soda and ice
8-axsys
9-Scottg07-----------------------------------------Tomatoes, Lettuce, Onions, Lunchmeat and bread...
10-Scottg07 SR
11-sgt rock
12-CRWLNJK-maybe
13-steves07jk- pending back
14-JPTwinz- pending long drive
15-easyrdr- posted earlier, but hasn't verified attendence
16- JeepGeo

ITS A BBQ/POTLUCK SO BRING STUFF TO SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott - Have you heard if Jan is going?

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Scott - Have you heard if Jan is going?

Last time I talked to him he said no....

ZooseJK
04-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Last time I talked to him he said no....

What a loser!:mr-t:

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-30-2009, 03:28 PM
What a loser!:mr-t:

LOL hey Jan: :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Hey Jason, you guys really have 30 Jeeps going out there...?!!!! Wowzers bro. What time are you guys actually starting the trail at...?

ZooseJK
04-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Ill do it!

ZooseJK
04-30-2009, 06:47 PM
have your camera ready!

rover1301
04-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey Gang,
I just sent out an email to everyone on the AZ JKers Directory about a small car show we are having at my friends Church on Friday night, May 1st from 6PM-9PM.
We will have the Rti articulation ramp set up so you all can get a little "Flex" on and take some photo's.
Come stop by and put your JK, or whatever you may have in your garage on display and say Hi!
You can come "Flex" or "Show" or just "Stop & Go"!!!!
Last month we had a total of 6 Jeeps and 20 show vehicles!
Hope to see you all there!

Brian

BLK RUBI ON 40s
04-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Hey Gang,
I just sent out an email to everyone on the AZ JKers Directory about a small car show we are having at my friends Church on Friday night, May 1st from 6PM-9PM.
We will have the Rti articulation ramp set up so you all can get a little "Flex" on and take some photo's.
Come stop by and put your JK, or whatever you may have in your garage on display and say Hi!

Brian

Awesome bro I'm totally gonna try to make this...!

PAHUNTER21
04-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Hey Gang,

Brian

Hey Brian, I just replied to your email. I will be up to hang out tomorrow with the BJEEP. See you then. Maybe want to throw that bumper in your rig and I can grab it from ya? :)

rover1301
05-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Hey Brian, I just replied to your email. I will be up to hang out tomorrow with the BJEEP. See you then. Maybe want to throw that bumper in your rig and I can grab it from ya? :)

Glad you can make it!

I'll have the bumper in my Jeep, see you tomorrow!

rover1301
05-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Awesome bro I'm totally gonna try to make this...!

I really hope to see you there.....

Everyone would love to see a JK sittin on 40's!

I need to text Josh.....he said he only has a computer at work, I hope he can stop by also.

ZooseJK
05-01-2009, 08:47 AM
I really hope to see you there.....

Everyone would love to see a JK sittin on 40's!

I need to text Josh.....he said he only has a computer at work, I hope he can stop by also.

Hey Brian, I did get your text thank you for the invite. Unfortunatly I am not going to be able to make it. I have a friends Bday dinner tonight and were going out after. I would like to go sometime so next month I will keep it open!

By the way everyone we may be moving again! :pissed:

rover1301
05-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Hey Brian, I did get your text thank you for the invite. Unfortunatly I am not going to be able to make it. I have a friends Bday dinner tonight and were going out after. I would like to go sometime so next month I will keep it open!

By the way everyone we may be moving again! :pissed:

No problem Zoose, I will have someone post some photos.

There's plenty of homes in my neighborhood for rent or lease, problem is it's just a bit far away from your work!

ZooseJK
05-01-2009, 09:23 AM
No problem Zoose, I will have someone post some photos.

There's plenty of homes in my neighborhood for rent or lease, problem is it's just a bit far away from your work!

We were considering out that way. dont want to get to far into whats happening as you can imagine still with no internet, our landlord hasnt been working with us, there has been a lot of drama with our landlord and other roommates. so if we did move it would be about 4 of us. if you know of anyone renting a home that would fit 4 plus 2 dogs please let me know :)

One of the biggest issues with internet is that my girlfriend Brittney just got laid off and we found out right before we went to HI and now she has to go to my moms house to look for jobs. Sorry im a little irratated about it all. Thanks for letting me vent! :devil:

rover1301
05-01-2009, 09:29 AM
We were considering out that way. dont want to get to far into whats happening as you can imagine still with no internet, our landlord hasnt been working with us, there has been a lot of drama with our landlord and other roommates. so if we did move it would be about 4 of us. if you know of anyone renting a home that would fit 4 plus 2 dogs please let me know :)

One of the biggest issues with internet is that my girlfriend Brittney just got laid off and we found out right before we went to HI and now she has to go to my moms house to look for jobs. Sorry im a little irratated about it all. Thanks for letting me vent! :devil:

I will keep you posted on what I find!

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-01-2009, 09:39 AM

Eecks bro thats no good. You should look for houses over here in the dark side then we could vent and wheel often together...:beer:

rover1301
05-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Eecks bro thats no good. You should look for houses over here in the dark side then we could vent and wheel often together...:beer:

Zzooooose.......turn from the dark side.....use the "Force" and join me on the East Side!!!:vader1::trooper:

ZooseJK
05-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Zzooooose.......turn from the dark side.....use the "Force" and join me on the East Side!!!:vader1::trooper:

HAHA you guys crack me up! I personally like to stay centralized here in the AZ universe. and really im going to try not to move just cause its such a pain! But keep your ears open for me we will see!! Also I work in Tempe and my family is all here in Gilbert area. But im down to travel for a beer anytime you wanna hang scott! :beer:

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-01-2009, 10:59 AM
HAHA you guys crack me up! I personally like to stay centralized here in the AZ universe. and really im going to try not to move just cause its such a pain! But keep your ears open for me we will see!! Also I work in Tempe and my family is all here in Gilbert area. But im down to travel for a beer anytime you wanna hang scott! :beer:

HAHA I guess visiting the dark side is just as good... Right on bro I'll keep that in mind.:beer:

owtdorz
05-01-2009, 12:33 PM

What's your max rent and minimum rooms?
And breed of dogs?

ZooseJK
05-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Well it depends on the house. I think we would prefer keeping it around 1200 per month. We have a 9 year old yellow lab and a 2 year old maltese poodle. Verry well behaved and no issues with them. You got something for us? lol

ZooseJK
05-01-2009, 01:57 PM
For everyone going on the run this sunday, Someone posted on the VJC that would like to ride along as a navigator and take photos, does anyone have an extra seat they would like to fill with someone who is considering getting a jeep in the future?

axsys
05-01-2009, 03:13 PM
For everyone going on the run this sunday, Someone posted on the VJC that would like to ride along as a navigator and take photos, does anyone have an extra seat they would like to fill with someone who is considering getting a jeep in the future?

if its a 20 year old hottie i call first dibs :D i may have an extra seat, im not sure yet....

ZooseJK
05-01-2009, 03:18 PM
if its a 20 year old hottie i call first dibs :D i may have an extra seat, im not sure yet....

HA not if i decide to put my back seat it. She seeems chill and i gave her info on this group :bounce:

axsys
05-01-2009, 03:21 PM
HA not if i decide to put my back seat it. She seeems chill and i gave her info on this group :bounce:

cmon you have a GF dont be greedy ;)

ZooseJK
05-01-2009, 03:24 PM
cmon you have a GF dont be greedy ;)

SO much i could say but i gotta behave myself...this is a family oriented site? haha

PAHUNTER21
05-01-2009, 04:04 PM

"I hope you have a big trunk... because I'm puttin' my bike in it. " ??

axsys
05-01-2009, 04:17 PM
"I hope you have a big trunk... because I'm puttin' my bike in it. " ??

haha very nice BJ.

ZooseJK
05-01-2009, 04:45 PM
lol oh boy were in trouble now!

PAHUNTER21
05-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Well, some of the East Valley guys and Scott showed up at the car show that Brian mentioned earlier. I was going to start a new thread to post the pictures, but figured I'd just put them in here.

BTW, Thanks for the invite Brian. It was nice seeing everybody again and nice to meet a few new faces.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/PAHUNTER21/Car%20Show%20RTI%20Ramp%205-1-09/IMG_1258.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/PAHUNTER21/Car%20Show%20RTI%20Ramp%205-1-09/IMG_1261.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/PAHUNTER21/Car%20Show%20RTI%20Ramp%205-1-09/IMG_1267.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/PAHUNTER21/Car%20Show%20RTI%20Ramp%205-1-09/IMG_1272.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/PAHUNTER21/Car%20Show%20RTI%20Ramp%205-1-09/IMG_1273.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/PAHUNTER21/Car%20Show%20RTI%20Ramp%205-1-09/IMG_1277.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/PAHUNTER21/Car%20Show%20RTI%20Ramp%205-1-09/IMG_1276.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/PAHUNTER21/Car%20Show%20RTI%20Ramp%205-1-09/IMG_1279.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/PAHUNTER21/Car%20Show%20RTI%20Ramp%205-1-09/IMG_1285.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/PAHUNTER21/Car%20Show%20RTI%20Ramp%205-1-09/IMG_1287.jpg

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Wow, that was fast - thanks for posting up the pics!

x2 to Brian for the invite!

That was fast, and I just got home lol... Thanks Brian for letting us hang and giving us the opportunity to hit the ramp.

hidX
05-01-2009, 10:49 PM
So who had the best score on the ramp and what was it???

steves07jk
05-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Ok well thank you brian for the invite sorry I didnt do the ramp. Me and the gf are looking for a house for rent also. But my prob is damn stupid people and thier breed restrictions. And well having a pit bull makes it hard. But as many of you have met and been around my dog its not the breed people its the owner. Ok sorry thanks for letting me vent to. As for sunday I doubt I am going but I am having thoughts of maybe meeting you guys at the meeting place to meet some of the new people. Oh and well if that peson that needs a ride is a beautiful blonde brunette around 20 to 30 I just might suck up the pain and go haha jk.

steves07jk
05-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I believe brian had the highest and just beat out scott but scotts huge 40s got in the way

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah its hard to tell from the pictures but I think Brian did go higher...
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e26/chozenchick89/RTI%20bullcrapping/DSC03498.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e26/chozenchick89/RTI%20bullcrapping/DSC03501.jpg

rover1301
05-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks everyone for coming out to the show tonight, it was great having time to talk and visit with everyone!
BJ thanks for the fast photos, especially the one of the 2 door Green JK flexing!
I will post up the Ramp scores as soon as Bill sends them my way.

AZLugz
05-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Evening everyone and big thanks to all the members her that came out to the Mesa First Cruise in tonight!!! Also to Brian for spreading the word!

I started Kreation Krawlers Off-Road Ministries and it was thru that that I met Brian....anyway, Brian asked for the ramp numbers and I figured I would just come over her to say thanks and post them up!!

Ramp is a 23 degree rti

1st, my 1 day old '09 F350 171.5 WB, ramp 64", score 374
(the Jeep was at home as I had to haul the ramp out there)

2nd, Scotts Black Jeep, 114 WB, ramp 94, score 824

RubiJK
05-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Brian, wish I could have made it out there. Had family stuff to tend to, or I was going to try. Surprise the long arm on 40's had the best RTI?!?! I've gotta find a way to sabotage that rig one of these days... I'm sure his Dad will help me! haha!

Hey Lugz! Good to see you over here. New tow rig looks great! I'll be sure to come out to the next KK event...

AZLugz
05-02-2009, 12:32 AM
3rd BJ's Silver Jeep 94 WB, ramp 72", score 766

4th Brian's Green Jeep 94 WB, ramp 81, score 861

AZLugz
05-02-2009, 12:37 AM
5th Joe's Red Jeep 94 WB, ramp 74, score 787

6th Ray's Chevy Truck 139 WB, ramp 71, score 511

AZLugz
05-02-2009, 12:41 AM
7th Dave's 2wd Taco 120 WB, ramp 56, score 467

8th JC's Dually!!!! 167 WB, ramp 49, score 296

AZLugz
05-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Brian, wish I could have made it out there. Had family stuff to tend to, or I was going to try. Surprise the long arm on 40's had the best RTI?!?! I've gotta find a way to sabotage that rig one of these days... I'm sure his Dad will help me! haha!

Hey Lugz! Good to see you over here. New tow rig looks great! I'll be sure to come out to the next KK event...

Hey Rubi, thanks!!!

rover1301
05-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Thanks for posting the photos and ramp scores AZlugz, this is perfect!

phaed
05-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks! ...maybe?!?! :grinpimp:

Your 4 door Rubi on 32's is so long that it is like a 2 door on 30's... when it comes to break over angle. Thats our biggest shortfall. At the same time, that longer wheel base will allow you to crawl falls and cliffs that a 2 door couldnt even consider. I beat the crap out of mine when it was stock. The hardest trail I did was Elvis, and that is a solid 3.5 trail. ...and that required some scraping, pulling, tugging and winching. Keep in mind that these ratings are based on your running ALL of the obstacles. So it is worst case scenario. Still, not all obstacles that give a trail a rating have bypasses. I would say to stay at 3.0 and below. Even some of those can present challenges for you. Anything over 2.5 I would suggest running with somebody experienced or that has done it before and is willing to help you through it. Seat time is the most valuable thing to get, but you dont get much experience running forest service roads. You have to push yourself and your rig to improve. Tag along with some of these guys and you will figure out your limits soon enough. Welcome and cheers! :beer:

short update. wells book came in. turned out, i'd done one of the trails last weekend (carr canyon). this weekend, i found myself close to mule pass while doing a shooting competition. i plugged in the GPS coords and headed up there. it was much more fun as it had some rocks to play on if you went off the main trail.

i was able to test out the different diff locks, and sway bar release. i broke her cherry with the arizona pin-striping, and did some (i'm sure pitiful by you guys' standards) baby-flexing. didn't do anything too crazy as i didn't have buddies with me, and the rocks to play on were a short ways to a long drop :P

overall i'm real impressed with the vehicle so far, and am havin a real good time in it.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/bkbollin2003/mulepass006.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/bkbollin2003/mulepass009.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/bkbollin2003/mulepass025.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/bkbollin2003/mulepass026.jpg

CRWLNJK
05-02-2009, 06:52 PM
I am not going to be able to make it out this weekend. We found out that we close on our house on Monday:bounce:, so we need to get the house all packed up so ounce we get the keys we can get in. Hopefully I will be able to make the next one.

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I am not going to be able to make it out this weekend. We found out that we close on our house on Monday:bounce:, so we need to get the house all packed up so ounce we get the keys we can get in. Hopefully I will be able to make the next one.

K thanks for the heads up and good luck with moving as I know sometime it can be a stressful situation....

PAHUNTER21
05-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Steve.. I see you lurking.. Your back feeling up to it or not?

steves07jk
05-03-2009, 08:21 AM
No I dont think I am going to I want to but its sore today.

silvel2edge
05-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Today was fun!

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Today was fun!

Yes it was and welcome to the dark side...:beer:

TabbyTux
05-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah, we had a blast. Ready for the next run, already! ;)

rover1301
05-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Wow, so many new JK'ers, can't wait to meet everyone.

Looks like you all had a great time, wish I could have made this one, I sure won't miss the next one!

joes-jk
05-04-2009, 12:35 AM
yo i made my profile here lol. i figured it out. only took an hour or so.
great trail ride today. and i like these smilies more lol :thefinger: :mr-t::vader:. the one on the other site are kinda :rainbow2:

JeepGeo
05-04-2009, 12:50 AM
My boys and I had a great time wheeling with all of you today. What a great ride and really liked meeting everyone. I BIG THANKS to joe for the tow to get me back from the fun. Hope to make another run with everyone soon.

joes-jk
05-04-2009, 01:04 AM
My boys and I had a great time wheeling with all of you today. What a great ride and really liked meeting everyone. I BIG THANKS to joe for the tow to get me back from the fun. Hope to make another run with everyone soon.

no problem. glad to hear u made it home okay. good learning expirance for me, i never flat towed another vehicale in dirt.

but now that i think about it, isnt kinda a downer that the 4dr tow rating is 3500 lbs when it weighs 4400 lbs stock. not saying it cant tow it one of its own cause it did today but u think they make it to be able to number wise.

JeepGeo
05-04-2009, 01:12 AM
That was a first for me in the dirt today also. Your Jeep was more than up to the task no matter what the tow rating is. You sure saved what was already a great day out playing from becoming a disaster.

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-04-2009, 10:07 AM
yo i made my profile here lol. i figured it out. only took an hour or so.
great trail ride today. and i like these smilies more lol :thefinger: :mr-t::vader:. the one on the other site are kinda :rainbow2:

HAHA joe you did it all by yourself.... And ya I agree these smilies are way better:cookiemonster::spam::rasta::bender::hide: :jeep1:

Ken Jong Il
05-04-2009, 10:49 AM
The Tucson crew still has a couple of members MIA for various reasons, but some of us are still 100% good time capable. Scott! Be sure to get me posted on upcoming runs out there.

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-04-2009, 10:52 AM
The Tucson crew still has a couple of members MIA for various reasons, but some of us are still 100% good time capable. Scott! Be sure to get me posted on upcoming runs out there.

I got you man. Actually my friend whos done terminater several times wants to hit up that trail soon. I think we'll probally be doing it some time during the weekdays next week so watch out for a post....

Ken Jong Il
05-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I got you man. Actually my friend whos done terminater several times wants to hit up that trail soon. I think we'll probally be doing it some time during the weekdays next week so watch out for a post....

Uncle Sam doesnt like it when I scoot off from work to go wheelin. We'll get it worked out

RubiJK
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM

What busted? Why the reason for the flat tow? Sounds like I left too early...

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-04-2009, 11:11 AM
What busted? Why the reason for the flat tow? Sounds like I left too early...

I'm not sure exactly what broke... but something with his fan was screwed up from the water so he had to disconnect it. Then that led to over heating and we didn't want to risk any serious issues so towed him for a little while...

joes-jk
05-04-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm not sure exactly what broke... but something with his fan was screwed up from the water so he had to disconnect it. Then that led to over heating and we didn't want to risk any serious issues so towed him for a little while...

i guess when he went through the water it broke his fan. i dnt know if he hit it to hard or what, but his fan blades were just hanging.

RubiJK
05-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey did anybody see an evap cannister float by them in the river? lol

Mine seems to be missing, and it only could have happened in those rocks/rapids a little ways up-stream...

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-05-2009, 01:19 PM

Mine seems to be missing, and it only could have happened in those rocks/rapids a little ways up-stream...

Sorry buddy didn't see it. We drove that way too but I guess we could have missed it...?

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Pictures of our trail run today.... Cameron, Josh and Joe you missed out...! Jason didn't you say you got carnage from this trail before, what obstacle was it on?:beer:

http://jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=85050

Ken Jong Il
05-06-2009, 06:31 PM

LOL! Same **** happened to me in Florence back in Feb 07. The can only cost about $30 and the sensor is pretty cheap too. DON'T FORGET THE O-RING between the can and the emission sensor!

axsys
05-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Pictures of our trail run today.... Cameron, Josh and Joe you missed out...! Jason didn't you say you got carnage from this trail before, what obstacle was it on?:beer:

I dunno, I don't think it would have been possible without lockers. Once I find someone who needs some D60s and is ready to ditch their D44s for cheap, I'll make an attempt at these.

jdemonto
05-07-2009, 08:23 AM
I dunno, I don't think it would have been possible without lockers. Once I find someone who needs some D60s and is ready to ditch their D44s for cheap, I'll make an attempt at these.

What trail are you refering to? I can not view the JK-forum

Jason

owtdorz
05-07-2009, 08:30 AM
What trail are you refering to? I can not view the JK-forum

Jason
Pretty sure it was Terminator.

jdemonto
05-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Pretty sure it was Terminator.

Terminator? Lower or Upper? We had a guy in a Tj go through with 31's and no lockers! You don't need lockers for that trail esp with 35's! A rear traction device saves lot of time though.

Jason

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Terminator? Lower or Upper? We had a guy in a Tj go through with 31's and no lockers! You don't need lockers for that trail esp with 35's! A rear traction device saves lot of time though.

Jason

X2 there is a lot of bypasses you can take.... and on the other hand there are a lot of optional buggy-like obstacles that can make lower T very fun...:beer:

joes-jk
05-07-2009, 12:20 PM
hey is sgt.rock on this site. cause i wanted to do the wounded vet run. i dnt think he's on the other site any more. i cant find him to pm on the the other site and his threads are deleted??

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-07-2009, 12:33 PM
hey is sgt.rock on this site. cause i wanted to do the wounded vet run. i dnt think he's on the other site any more. i cant find him to pm on the the other site and his threads are deleted??

Heres what happened: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7664&page=42
Check about half way down, some copied his last post.

hidX
05-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Jason

Jason its LT... I would say that for any golf cart (2 door) you can get away with much less mods on this trail. Still, 31's and open/open takes a skilled driver. I ran through in my 4 door when I had a 2.5" lift and 33's... but it wasnt easy. I actually did the z-turn then, but not the Terminator obstacle. I also know that your 31-open-open guy didnt hit ALL the obstacles... no matter how short his golf cart! :thefinger:

hidX
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM

I got dinged up twice on this trail. It was running the far right line of the Terminator obstacle... The z-turn... First time I was on 33's and running at night. (Actually the very first time I ran this trail.) I was using the pivot rock on the drvr slider, and climbed too high with my psgr front... so I leaned over and banged my rear drvr door hing right on the pivot rock. I yelled something that starte with F and gunned it out of the hole.

Same obstacle, another time... Trying to get my ass end far enough to the right, so I climbed that wall with my psgr front tire to let it slide off and put me on line to run that chute. Didnt get me far enough over so I was going back and forth to get the right line and bashed my front fender and broke my side marker light... Thats when I finally decided to cut those things off! :beer:

LOL! Same **** happened to me in Florence back in Feb 07. The can only cost about $30 and the sensor is pretty cheap too. DON'T FORGET THE O-RING between the can and the emission sensor!

I hear ya Ken... This is #3. You'd think I'd be smart enough to relocate it by now. Funny thing about the o-ring... I forgot it on the last one I put in, so my "gascap" light and check engine light have been on for months. So, when I lost this evap can, I didnt even know it until I crawled underneath the next day for my post-run inspection! At least I have an o-ring in the garage! :D

JeepGeo
05-07-2009, 02:24 PM

Well all is fixed now with the fan. The blades broke off the fan motor when I went threw some water. When I had it checked out the motor was also screwed up. All I can think of that happened was that the fan was spinning as I went threw the water and that's why it broke the blade. Thanks again for all the help getting out of this mess, and that was not how I wanted my first run with the group to end .:shaking:

jdemonto
05-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Jason its LT... I would say that for any golf cart (2 door) you can get away with much less mods on this trail. Still, 31's and open/open takes a skilled driver. I ran through in my 4 door when I had a 2.5" lift and 33's... but it wasnt easy. I actually did the z-turn then, but not the Terminator obstacle. I also know that your 31-open-open guy didnt hit ALL the obstacles... no matter how short his golf cart! :thefinger:

I was not there Ryan was, I think there were pics. RYan says he did everthing except for terminator.

Jason

axsys
05-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Well all is fixed now with the fan. The blades broke off the fan motor when I went threw some water. When I had it checked out the motor was also screwed up. All I can think of that happened was that the fan was spinning as I went threw the water and that's why it broke the blade. Thanks again for all the help getting out of this mess, and that was not how I wanted my first run with the group to end .:shaking:

At least you're up and running again. Did the dealer cover it or did you have to pay out of pocket?

ZooseJK
05-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey there everyone! Im glad to be back posting! Its been a few days. again I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who made it out to the run on sunday.

Boy thats crazy about what Sgt rock said on the forum.
Has anyone talked to him since?

I signed up to do that Wheel for the veterans! I have not heard back on any exact details. If anyone has a chance to help out i do urge that you join! its a great thing their doing.

hope everyone is doing well. I did have some new Directory members. If you emailed me your info. please be patient as i do not have internet access at home so its taking me longer then usual to get the info out.

I do have to say i am gladd were getting the AZ group moved over to this posting site.

For the sake of not having to many conversations i would like to see our conversations migrate to this site to.

There is a lot of good info to be had on the forum so please dont close your membership or get banned (unless thats your goal in life). But just so there is no confusion and i am not having to waste anymore time reading posts on that site lets keep it all here.

If you see any new people on there. get there email and direct them here through email.

ZooseJK
05-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Jason- i thought i read somewhere that you take off your top and doors and run your jeep through the car wash? did i read that right? if so i need to find an easy way to clean all this dust off my interior from sunday and i was just going to pay someone to detail it really nice but then it gets expensive and all ...especially if you do it multiple times a month.

PAHUNTER21
05-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey there everyone! Im glad to be back posting! Its been a few days. again I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who made it out to the run on sunday.

Boy thats crazy about what Sgt rock said on the forum.
Has anyone talked to him since?

I signed up to do that Wheel for the veterans! I have not heard back on any exact details. If anyone has a chance to help out i do urge that you join! its a great thing their doing.

hope everyone is doing well. I did have some new Directory members. If you emailed me your info. please be patient as i do not have internet access at home so its taking me longer then usual to get the info out.

I do have to say i am gladd were getting the AZ group moved over to this posting site.

For the sake of not having to many conversations i would like to see our conversations migrate to this site to.

There is a lot of good info to be had on the forum so please dont close your membership or get banned (unless thats your goal in life). But just so there is no confusion and i am not having to waste anymore time reading posts on that site lets keep it all here.

If you see any new people on there. get there email and direct them here through email.

ZOOOSE! Good to have you back buddy. How was vacation. I posted on the other site, but thanks again for sticking around and helping me find my way out of the 'north country'. ;)

Ken Jong Il
05-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Sgt Rock was booted from JK-Forum by Eddie Oh (aka Way of Life) I was threatened as well for posting info on the Wheelin for the Wounded event. I hate to tell the guy that this is North America not North Korea we can talk about whatever we want on the internet. Contact Sgt Rock at desertmagazine@hotmail.com

RubiJK
05-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Sarge just signed up officially over here...

Yeah how was vaca Zoose? I was just kidding about running through the car wash with top and doors off... although I really did think about it. The best I can do is drive as fast as I can on the freeway and bang on the seats to let the dust fly. Then use my CO2 tank to blow out what I can... and then just remember that its a Jeep in AZ and its gonna be dusty. I do give it a good pro detail once or twice a year though...

steves07jk
05-08-2009, 07:27 AM
i just had my jeep detailed because it was filthly. i spent the money but its worth it for a once a year thing the jeep looks like brand new now

owtdorz
05-08-2009, 08:23 AM
I spend 3+ hours every Sunday night cleaning just the inside of the Jeep.
We wheel every weekend and the dust is just part of AZ.
Now that it is getting hot during the day we will be heading up north and there isn't much for dust up there.

ZooseJK
05-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Sarge just signed up officially over here...

Yeah how was vaca Zoose? I was just kidding about running through the car wash with top and doors off... although I really did think about it. The best I can do is drive as fast as I can on the freeway and bang on the seats to let the dust fly. Then use my CO2 tank to blow out what I can... and then just remember that its a Jeep in AZ and its gonna be dusty. I do give it a good pro detail once or twice a year though...

SARG....WHERE ARE YOU....?

HAHa I really have heard of people driving through the car wash like that, thats why i thought you were serious. I guess ill go get it detailed. I do know that bein in az it is going to be dusty but its ultra bad this weekend. after we got done with crown king it was about this bad and took me hours to fix it. and still didnt look good.

How is everyone doing this morning?

RubiJK
05-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Mine was the same way... I just took it through the regular ol car wash as a starting point, and now I need to spend another 2 hours or so to really get it clean.

Summertime = night runs! We've gotta start planning and seeing who can get out on what days.

ZooseJK
05-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Mine was the same way... I just took it through the regular ol car wash as a starting point, and now I need to spend another 2 hours or so to really get it clean.

Summertime = night runs! We've gotta start planning and seeing who can get out on what days.

Yea that would be nice. or trips up north and camping trips!

Hey do you know if that crap they put on the dash and all the pastic areas, that makes it all shiney. is that bad for the material or ok for it? ii never really like it but it needs some hard core cleaning. i would prefer something thad doesnt make it shine but also makes it look clean. anyone know of anything?

owtdorz
05-08-2009, 10:21 AM

Hey do you know if that crap they put on the dash and all the pastic areas, that makes it all shiney. is that bad for the material or ok for it? ii never really like it but it needs some hard core cleaning. i would prefer something thad doesnt make it shine but also makes it look clean. anyone know of anything?

That crap collect dust and is not good for the plastic.
Best thing is a damp rag.

PAHUNTER21
05-08-2009, 10:21 AM

I've been using those swiffer things (takes me a couple when i get real dusty) then go back over it with armorall wipes or something similar. The carwash/detail places must have 50 gallon drums worth of that stuff, and don't use it sparingly either. Makes it a dirty, greasy mess to clean up once the dust gets on that nice shiny film.

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-08-2009, 10:34 AM

Totally down for this... Its getting hot out....:pissed:

RubiJK
05-08-2009, 10:45 AM

Aerospace 303 Protectant!!!

This stuff is the shizzle. I cant remember where I ordered mine from, but I think a couple of the big online 4x4 shops carry it. I use it on everything inside, my fenders and my hard top. It was recommended to me a while back. UV protectant, moisturizes, darkens/looks good, isnt slimy... and it doesnt seem to really collect dust.

ZooseJK
05-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Aerospace 303 Protectant!!!

This stuff is the shizzle. I cant remember where I ordered mine from, but I think a couple of the big online 4x4 shops carry it. I use it on everything inside, my fenders and my hard top. It was recommended to me a while back. UV protectant, moisturizes, darkens/looks good, isnt slimy... and it doesnt seem to really collect dust.

SOLD!!! ill find it!

Do you normally run with your top on or off in the summer?

RubiJK
05-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I am prob 70/30 top off during the summer. It depends if I have my son or other psgrs who need to ride in the back. It can suck in back without the a/c blowing right on you. Also if I am doing dusty trails, I try keep mine on. Basically, anytime I can really get away with having it OFF, I do.

I love night runs with no top and doors. Sycamore to Widow Maker is an awesome night run!

steves07jk
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I am down with a night run. I love them during the summer cause it is so damn hot

ZooseJK
05-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I am prob 70/30 top off during the summer. It depends if I have my son or other psgrs who need to ride in the back. It can suck in back without the a/c blowing right on you. Also if I am doing dusty trails, I try keep mine on. Basically, anytime I can really get away with having it OFF, I do.

I love night runs with no top and doors. Sycamore to Widow Maker is an awesome night run!

Yea i heard both ways on that. i think its to hot without AC.

HEY EVERYONE install party tonight at camerons! Call for directions if needed were putting my 2.5" BB on!!!!

Zoose is growing up to be big and strong.... all that milk and :beer:

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Yea i heard both ways on that. i think its to hot without AC.

HEY EVERYONE install party tonight at camerons! Call for directions if needed were putting my 2.5" BB on!!!!

Zoose is growing up to be big and strong.... all that milk and :beer:

Wait are you guys serious... I'm bring my goodies to install also then... BTW I think a lot of people wanted to come so Cameron if you listening... IMPULSE WRENCH PARTY...!!!! whoooo-hooooooo:bounce::beer::bounce::beer::bounce::beer: :bounce:

ZooseJK
05-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Wait are you guys serious... I'm bring my goodies to install also then... BTW I think a lot of people wanted to come so Cameron if you listening... IMPULSE WRENCH PARTY...!!!! whoooo-hooooooo:bounce::beer::bounce::beer::bounce::beer: :bounce:

Ask cameron about your install! He said it would take a while for yours and i dont mind doing it but i dont know about his plans tonight. im bringing a 6 pack but bring more!! lol

PAHUNTER21
05-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Ask cameron about your install! He said it would take a while for yours and i dont mind doing it but i dont know about his plans tonight. im bringing a 6 pack but bring more!! lol

I guess in this case, it might be benificial to have a couple more hands. :D

Somebody want to PM me Cameron's address? If i can get a pass from the wife, I might be able to come up later.

owtdorz
05-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Somebody want to PM me Cameron's address? If i can get a pass from the wife, I might be able to come up later.
DITTO.
I may get a "Kitchen Pass"

steves07jk
05-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Ok you post on the other site and I was watching that then I check this one and see the wrenching is happening. Damn it I cant open the directory to get numbers so I wont be there

PAHUNTER21
05-08-2009, 10:18 PM

Sorry guys, found out i had to take my son to a kids birthday party... It wasn't a pink party, it was full of squirt guns and water balloons. Though wrenching and having a couple cold brews would have been more exciting..... :shaking:

Catch you guys next time.

axsys
05-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey guys, no biggie that you missed out tonight, we can always have more wrench parties. BJ, did you still wanna install that body lift? And Steve, diff covers are pretty easy so we can do those anytime. What we shoudl be focusing on is our next run.....;)

sgt rock
05-09-2009, 05:54 AM
SARG....WHERE ARE YOU....?

HAHa I really have heard of people driving through the car wash like that, thats why i thought you were serious. I guess ill go get it detailed. I do know that bein in az it is going to be dusty but its ultra bad this weekend. after we got done with crown king it was about this bad and took me hours to fix it. and still didnt look good.

How is everyone doing this morning?

i usually lurk around in the early wee hours in the bat cave! that is why my post show up so A.M.ish'

anyhoots back behind the iron curtain before i made it safely to this side one of you young ones had a post on powder coaters- the allmight over on the dark side deleted- can you post it here again!

axsys
05-09-2009, 01:44 PM
hey josh, how was the ride home? hopefully everyhint went smooth since i havent gotten any calls about wheels falling off lol.

anyone want some unlimited rubicon springs for their jeep? these are originally off scotts jeep, they gave me about a 1/2" of lift, i just no longer need them.

PAHUNTER21
05-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey guys, no biggie that you missed out tonight, we can always have more wrench parties. BJ, did you still wanna install that body lift? And Steve, diff covers are pretty easy so we can do those anytime. What we shoudl be focusing on is our next run.....;)

I'm not sure if I want to do the body lift until I get the bug to move to 35" tires... I do however have a leaking rear diff. I was going to have it covered under warranty, but they want to put a stock one back on. So even if I plan on replacing it in the future, now might be the time. But then again, with this mentality, I may just want to consider re-gearing, then put the new diff cover on.. Oh, decisions decisions. ;)

TabbyTux
05-09-2009, 09:09 PM
What we shoudl be focusing on is our next run.....;)

I agree! Me and Silveledge are looking forward to some more runs with you guys.

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-10-2009, 09:10 AM
If any one wants we can hit up Table Mesa some day this week or next? I would like to introduce some of the new guys to a more technical type of trail. We had Jan and Jason run us through Raw deal as an intro trail for a lot of the new guys who have stock jeeps and they made it through with the help of good lines and great spotters. I think this would be real fun and a much shorter day...:beer:

axsys
05-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Im free on sunday the 17th, does that work for anyone else?

Ken Jong Il
05-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Who's thinking about making this Wheelin for the Wounded event?

ZooseJK
05-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Who's thinking about making this Wheelin for the Wounded event?

I signed up for it havent heard anything back about exact info.

Hey everyone! Long time no see....talk....

Cameron- I did make it home fine. Love the ride! Thanks again for all your help.

Also sent out an email to everyone with updated directory and also info for a place to post your pics!!! Hope to see some nice shots out there. I got it started and will add more as time goes.

JeepGeo
05-10-2009, 01:44 PM
At least you're up and running again. Did the dealer cover it or did you have to pay out of pocket?

I took the Jeep over to Airpark and Jason and Paul where great. I told them just what happened to break the fan and they got it covered under warranty. Everyone there was great about it and I will be going there for work next time instead of going to the closest dealership for work. Looking forward to the next run now that everything is working right again.:bounce:

TabbyTux
05-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Im free on sunday the 17th, does that work for anyone else?

I'm down... as long as everyone knows that I am pure stock right now... I wouldn't want to spoil anybody's fun. I'll talk to my buddy, Jason (Silveledge).

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-10-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm down... as long as everyone knows that I am pure stock right now... I wouldn't want to spoil anybody's fun. I'll talk to my buddy, Jason (Silveledge).

Your rubi is locked and loaded bro... that makes it super stock and ready for the trails :)

ZooseJK
05-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Quiet in here today..... :thefinger:

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-11-2009, 03:34 PM
yeah it is... the other forum is even worse... summers here in AZ and that can definitely drain a person

rover1301
05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Quiet in here today..... :thefinger:

Hey Zoose, any photo's of the lift, and what lift did you go with?

I also need some help with the new photobucket, contact me....I have tons of photo's to upload!

ZooseJK
05-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Yea im not worried about the forum. Im bored at work this is my only means of communication to the outside world...

I will get pics up asap of the new lift and also some new stickers i got!

Whats the issue brian? You always have issues uploading photos....ANYWHERE!! lol :D:beer:

Has Anyone else uploaded photos yet?

P.s I bought Camerons RC 2.5" BB it was a great price and it does what i needed it to!

rover1301
05-11-2009, 05:22 PM
I ran Orville's Loop in Florence Junction with Kreation Krawlers on Saturday 5-9, we had 9 rigs in all, and I was the only JK.
Orville's Loop is very scenic wash and hill trail with 1 large obstacle....A Waterfall!
All but 2 of the rigs made it, the other 2 had to be winched up!
My "X" made it up with no problem at all, I had a great spotter, but I am in serious need of some "Rock Sliders."
On the way back we ran Elvis backwards and this got very interesting!
Both of these trails are rated a 3.5.
Stay Tuned....
I have a few photo's that I will upload as soon as I talk to Josh.

ZooseJK
05-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Good morning everyone!!! :beer:

jdemonto
05-12-2009, 09:16 AM
I ran Orville's Loop in Florence Junction with Kreation Krawlers on Saturday 5-9, we had 9 rigs in all, and I was the only JK.
Orville's Loop is very scenic wash and hill trail with 1 large obstacle....A Waterfall!
All but 2 of the rigs made it, the other 2 had to be winched up!
My "X" made it up with no problem at all, I had a great spotter, but I am in serious need of some "Rock Sliders."
On the way back we ran Elvis backwards and this got very interesting!
Both of these trails are rated a 3.5.
Stay Tuned....
I have a few photo's that I will upload as soon as I talk to Josh.

I like to see the Elvis pics!

Good morning everyone!!! :beer:

Just woke up, morning:sleep:

Jason

ZooseJK
05-12-2009, 09:22 AM
I like to see the Elvis pics!

Just woke up, morning:sleep:

Jason

I just got to work.. UGHH:thefinger:

jdemonto
05-12-2009, 09:23 AM
I just got to work.. UGHH:thefinger:

I work at 2pm so I will get their at noon. Tomorrow will bring the suck 8am-9pm.:shaking:

Jason

ZooseJK
05-12-2009, 09:24 AM
I work at 2pm so I will get their at noon. Tomorrow will bring the suck 8am-9pm.:shaking:

Jason

Wow that seems a little late to be working for a Dealership?

jdemonto
05-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Wow that seems a little late to be working for a Dealership?

Yeah, thats why I am in at noon..maybe earlier. Working your schedule in the car biz will ensure a $30k a year job.:smokin: I am scheduled 53hrs a week, I work closer to 60. I do not know what I would do at a 40hr a week job!

Jason

ZooseJK
05-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah, thats why I am in at noon..maybe earlier. Working your schedule in the car biz will ensure a $30k a year job.:smokin: I am scheduled 53hrs a week, I work closer to 60. I do not know what I would do at a 40hr a week job!

Jason

I just wish i had a job that i could be working with people but not over the damn phone... I have been doing this crap for 5 years now and its getting tiring

jdemonto
05-12-2009, 11:09 AM
I just wish i had a job that i could be working with people but not over the damn phone... I have been doing this crap for 5 years now and its getting tiring

I have been working with people since I was 16, thats the difference between me and all the nimrods in the car business! I went to school for cad and worked at Tor Engineering for 7 months and got laid off.....I hated the job just me staring at a computer for 9 hrs a day. Worst job I have ever had!

Jason

ZooseJK
05-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I have been working with people since I was 16, thats the difference between me and all the nimrods in the car business! I went to school for cad and worked at Tor Engineering for 7 months and got laid off.....I hated the job just me staring at a computer for 9 hrs a day. Worst job I have ever had!

Jason

Sounds like what i do now!

jdemonto
05-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Sounds like what i do now!

You do cad? Or is it the office and computer for 9 hrs a day?

Jason

ZooseJK
05-12-2009, 12:58 PM
You do cad? Or is it the office and computer for 9 hrs a day?

Jason

I do sony sales. no cad. but i know how to use it.

Brian did you get your photos posted ok?

jdemonto
05-12-2009, 01:21 PM
I do sony sales. no cad. but i know how to use it.

Brian did you get your photos posted ok?

Interesting, I could never go back to office life!

Jason

BLK RUBI ON 40s
05-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Well today rocked... I was glad to make atleast one run with you guys. thanks for Jan for setting it up, Cameron for rocking LT w/o lockers and helping me wrenchin my suspension afterwards... Also Jason one of these days I'll see you on a trail and actually get to wheel w/ you haha:thefinger:

axsys
05-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Well today rocked... I was glad to make atleast one run with you guys. thanks for Jan for setting it up, Cameron for rocking LT w/o lockers and helping me wrenchin my suspension afterwards... Also Jason one of these days I'll see you on a trail and actually get to wheel w/ you haha:thefinger:

haha thats true, weve ran into Jason on both of our last trips. today was a blast, heres the pics for those who didn't go:

http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss138/AZJKers/JeepyJeep/?albumview=slideshow

I couldn't have made it through without the great spotting from you guys. Jan, let me know if you want to do some more lift soon and I can help you put it in. Scott, hows the Jeep look now with the back spacers in?

JPTwinz
05-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey did you guys see Sgt Rock got the boot from the other forum? May be old news but I just saw it.

jdemonto
05-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Hey did you guys see Sgt Rock got the boot from the other forum? May be old news but I just saw it.

Where have you been hiding?:smokin:

Jason

ZooseJK
05-14-2009, 08:19 AM

Yea.. old news bud! lol

JeepyJeep
05-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Yesterday was "off da hook" as the kids like to see. Had to crack open the winch for the first time for a sloppy driver in the group...me.:blush2:

Again insects raised the trail ratings but not as bad as the week before. Also Scott's wife showing off her offroading chops by taking some harrowing lines, while putting the rest of us to shame. Cam making it through a the trail open/open...:beer:

Carnage included:

1.) Cam's air compressor, which fell from his Jeeps fender as it was connected to the battery, snapping the wires in two.

2.)My arm, which was grilled by my compressor's cooling fins as I reached across it to get my keys.:pissed:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss138/AZJKers/JeepyJeep/DSC01042.jpg

JPTwinz
05-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Where have you been hiding?:smokin:

Jason

The other forum.

ZooseJK
05-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Yesterday was "off da hook" as the kids like to see. Had to crack open the winch for the first time for a sloppy driver in the group...me.:blush2:

Again insects raised the trail ratings but not as bad as the week before. Also Scott's wife showing off her offroading chops by taking some harrowing lines, while putting the rest of us to shame. Cam making it through a the trail open/open...:beer:

Carnage included:

1.) Cam's air compressor, which fell from his Jeeps fender as it was connected to the battery, snapping the wires in two.

2.)My arm, which was grilled by my compressor's cooling fins as I reached across it to get my keys.:pissed:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss138/AZJKers/JeepyJeep/DSC01042.jpg

Cam, same thing happened to mine. easy fix! just some electrical tape and a little time!!

axsys
05-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Cam, same thing happened to mine. easy fix! just some electrical tape and a little time!!

I know, I'm gonna hit it with the soldering iron to make it better. Jan, thats a pretty good burn you got. Funny how your compressor attacked you and mine committed suicide. :D

JeepyJeep
05-14-2009, 07:12 PM
I know, I'm gonna hit it with the soldering iron to make it better. Jan, thats a pretty good burn you got. Funny how your compressor attacked you and mine committed suicide. :D

Almost all of my carnage occurs after air up.:rolleyes:

Gonna start sniffin' around for pucks/spacers...any recommendations? FYI: I still owe you lunch

axsys
05-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Almost all of my carnage occurs after air up.:rolleyes:

Gonna start sniffin' around for pucks/spacers...any recommendations? FYI: I still owe you lunch

For a body lift, I went with the 1" MORE. Not too expensive and works great. This will only give you more clearance between your tires and your fenders. If you want more ground clearance to get off you skids, I would recommend a 1 3/4" front coil spacer and a 1" rear coil spacer to lift a little and remove some rake. Teraflex would be a good choice for those.

And to make everyone jealous that couldn't go on Wednesday:

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss138/AZJKers/JeepyJeep/DSC00969.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss138/AZJKers/JeepyJeep/DSC00918.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss138/AZJKers/JeepyJeep/DSC01038.jpg

ZooseJK
05-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Good afternoon everyone!! In for a long evening at work!

PAHUNTER21
05-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Good afternoon everyone!! In for a long evening at work!

TGIF..

owtdorz
05-15-2009, 03:38 PM
TGIF..

DITTO!
Can't wait 'til Martinez Canyon.
I had a crappy week and need time away!

jdemonto
05-15-2009, 03:44 PM
DITTO!
Can't wait 'til Martinez Canyon.
I had a crappy week and need time away!

Me too.....Its slow and warm this week...Need to sell some jeeps!

Jason

joes-jk
05-15-2009, 04:23 PM
lets go up north

ZooseJK
05-15-2009, 06:22 PM
lets go up north

Im down i have a buddy in town from ND and he wants to go out sometime! Im thinkin broken arrow!! whose down for it?

joes-jk
05-15-2009, 06:54 PM
dont even know where or what ur talking about... but as long as its not a 5 hour ride im down.