NorCal JK Trip Who's Interested [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: NorCal JK Trip Who's Interested

rubirobv
04-17-2009, 06:21 PM
NorCal JKs Trail Run.

We've had some talk about a trail run, just wondering if we can put one together. A weekend camping/wheelin trip would be great. We talked about the Rubicon but is doesn't have to be there. That place is awesome though. I'd like to spark some interest and maybe have some of the Nevada wheelers get involved. We have alot of good folks here. I think it would be a good time. Please don't make me respond to my own post. :laughing:

MaRShiN
04-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm down for whatever and just about whenever. Dunno first hand of anywhere to run (this JKO event will break my cherry) I have a northern california trail guide tho :D

igofshn
04-17-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm leading a group over the rubicon 17-19 July. You are welcome to join. www.myjeeprocks.com has the info. there are a few from here trying to go.

Eugene
04-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Sound like a plan. Last year we ran some trails around Shaver Lake down in the southern Sierras. Fun but not hard trails, and we camped at West Lake. Nice little run to get to and nice camp spot. I am up for some wheeling camping this year. I like day trips but overnighters are better.
But I am up for anything:bounce::)

igofshn
04-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Sound like a plan. Last year we ran some trails around Shaver Lake down in the southern Sierras. Fun but not hard trails, and we camped at West Lake. Nice little run to get to and nice camp spot. I am up for some wheeling camping this year. I like day trips but overnighters are better.
But I am up for anything:bounce::)
You must not have run Mirror or Swamp. They will give you good enjoyment.

Eugene
04-18-2009, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=igofshn;111757]You must not have run Mirror or Swamp. They will give you good enjoyment.[/QUOTE

Will be running swamp in June! Never heard of Mirror. Is it a good trail?. Still want to do them all. If you think it might work lets try to schedule a run.

LoPo
04-19-2009, 09:12 PM
depending on location of the trip, I'll be interested in joining up.

Looking at running Deer Valley and Slickrock in June with the NAXJA.

igofshn
04-21-2009, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE=igofshn;111757]You must not have run Mirror or Swamp. They will give you good enjoyment.[/QUOTE

Will be running swamp in June! Never heard of Mirror. Is it a good trail?. Still want to do them all. If you think it might work lets try to schedule a run.
If you want a trip in the area, let me know what dates. I live in the local area. There are some really good trails. We will be running swamp over labor day. Mirror is a good trail, coyote is a good trail. Red lake is a warm up trail. Bald is for beginners.

rubirobv
04-29-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm leading a group over the rubicon 17-19 July. You are welcome to join. www.myjeeprocks.com (http://www.myjeeprocks.com) has the info. there are a few from here trying to go.

How many rigs will you take through? Were you able to have a campfire last year? I'd like to see everyone throw some dates out to see if we can put this together. 100dollarman is considering coming up from SoCal to join us. I'm up for joining igofishin if thats works for the rest of you.

igofshn
04-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Hundy has expressed interest in going with me. This is not an organized event, so we can take as many as want to go. We have about 10 signed up now. No camp fires last year but we have had them in the past. We plan on leaving Loon Lake on Friday the
17th and going all the way to rubicon springs. Camp 2 nights at rubicon springs and head out sunday.

MaRShiN
04-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Just reg'd over there. If I'm available I will be going on this trip for sure. My GF is still pissed I went to JV w/o her and said the only way to make it up is to take her to Loon Lake :p

rubirobv
04-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Eugene, do you have any dates that work for you. How about JeepThing? Are you gonna come out and playeeeya? :D

jiggawha
04-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Sounds good Rob...how far "Northern"? That's a big A** state! I'm down to get out of Vegas in August or September when it gets in the 120's!

Eugene
04-30-2009, 07:15 PM
I pretty much don't have a life so I can go almost anytime. Mondays are taken up, but thats about it. If there is a weekday involved my work is flexible about vacations so I can go then also. Just post up dates and I should be good.

Mule'Con
04-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm up for the cherry ball run. Sounds like fun. My little woomba is a chicken poop, so I doubt I could get her past the bowl. Still like to hook up for a brewski. Or better yet, I may have to leave her at home. Maiden runs are sometimes a peculiar event.

rage344
05-01-2009, 11:48 PM
as long as i have some info ahead of time it shouldnt be to hard to get my command to give me the ok

rubirobv
05-05-2009, 09:52 PM
OK , didn't forget about this.

I'll be on the Rubicon May 23rd and 24th. We'll be camped at airport flats. Not running the whole trail. In and out both days. There will be a campfire ( Eugene)

June 20 is Hi-Landers Poker Run at the Rubicon also. This is more of a social event. They run the wentworth springs trail and part of the rubicon at loon lake . I had a good time last year. Good raffle and entertainment.

July 11, another poker run. 4X4 In Motion at Niagara Rim Trail. This is a fun trail. I'd call it moderate. They have a place called the rock pile if you want to get serious. Great raffle and BBQ

July 17, MJR Rubicon Trip with igofshn. I haven't signed up yet but I have it on my list.

Nothing planned for august or september yet. Like to do something other than the Rubicon . Fordyce, Slick Rock, Swamp Lake, Snake Lake, Hollister ?

Rock Pile at Niagara Rim.

Eugene
05-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Where/what is Airport Flats? I have heard alot of Rubicon staging and camping spots but not familiar with that one. If the weather holds I would love to do an overnighter. Keep me informed:bounce:

rubirobv
05-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Where/what is Airport Flats? I have heard alot of Rubicon staging and camping spots but not familiar with that one. If the weather holds I would love to do an overnighter. Keep me informed:bounce:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/documents/rogs/rog_pac_airport.pdf (http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/documents/rogs/rog_pac_airport.pdf)