MBRP 2 dr relocation exhaust [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: MBRP 2 dr relocation exhaust

bfj aka tambil
04-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Here it is.. simple and easy. Stainless steel relcoation exhaust kit.

Like anything plumbing, put it together, line it all up, THEN tighten all the bolts. Has a throaty sound to it. I like it quite, but wanted to make sure I was moving enough air out to match with the supercharger putting it in.

Shipped nicely and all parts and instructions where there. Took about 30 minutes to install in my driveway.

I will try to post the vid/ sound clip when I figure out how to.

lohchief
04-14-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm wondering if the new muffler being that close to the evap will cause a problem?

bfj aka tambil
04-14-2009, 06:57 PM
So far, it's been a week, and no problem - no melting.

I have Woods relocation kit for the evap, but after reading all of the problems related to moving it...I've been apprehensive to do so. Probably going to do it anyway.

The other thought was a heat shield... but... I already have the relocation kit...LOL

mikesjk
04-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Any sound clips?
I did the woods evap relocator and can tell you it is very easy and simple. Just follow the instructions, they make it harder sound hader than it is.

bfj aka tambil
04-14-2009, 07:42 PM
yea, I have some sound clips but don't know how to post them.

On the relocation, I just worry too much. leaky fittings, etc.... Gotta just do it. Hell, I installed my supercharger without any help... this should be easy right?!!

SDMF
04-14-2009, 07:56 PM
What problems with moving it? I've done it to mine and several other people and never had an issue.

bfj aka tambil
04-14-2009, 08:07 PM
I've just read a few stories of Evap problems from leaks after moving it. Enough to make me second guess myself on doing this.

I also way OVER analyze, and UNDER estimate my ability to do it right. LOL

(edit...I should have said "reading OF problems" and not of "all the problems" regaring the evap relocation.)

jeepik
04-14-2009, 08:18 PM
i put mine on last week

did you have any problems with the second to last rubber hanger mount (the one in front of the rear axle), mine barely catches

also dont like the sound, i feel its too loud, but i do like the fact that the exhaust is out of the way, and MBRP has a skidplate coming for the skidplate as well

bfj aka tambil
04-14-2009, 08:35 PM
i put mine on last week

did you have any problems with the second to last rubber hanger mount (the one in front of the rear axle), mine barely catches

also dont like the sound, i feel its too loud, but i do like the fact that the exhaust is out of the way, and MBRP has a skidplate coming for the skidplate as well

I think I took pictures of it. But I will check tomorrow.

I didn't have any problems at all. Did you twist things around for the best fit before tightning everything up?

I like it more quite too. But for up and out of the way, and better flow to off-set the supercharger.... that was my main reasons for doing this.

mikesjk
04-15-2009, 06:36 PM
I installed mine when it was 15 degrees here in the winter. If I didn't break any of the plastic with it being that cold, you should be fine.

bfj aka tambil
04-17-2009, 05:42 PM
i put mine on last week

Yep, I double checked and mine looks like it's just catching the hanger. I probably could have rotated that section a little more to make it hang better on there. But it's been almost two weeks and no problem with it like it is.

BeerMonkeY
04-18-2009, 03:11 PM
the evap is easy, just make sure you put the white thing back on correctly if you dont it makes the light come on. it will go on either way, i forget the correct way though. you will like not having hw giant stock muffler in the way of everything makes working around tghe back of the jeep much easier

bfj aka tambil
04-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Thank you to all who proded me to get 'er done.

Evap has been nicely relocated with Woods kit. Very easy, very clean, I only added one zip tie with the tab on it to hold the hoses up to the old e-brake hanger bolt.

I will try to post up tomorrow.

Grant211
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
that muffler looks just like an aeroturbine muffler.
http://www.aeroexhaust.com/car_muffler_2525xl.html

Bill, i am assuming that muffler is hollow (no baffle boards)

thaduke2003
04-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Is that their muffler, or one you got yourself? Mark W.

lbh
04-21-2009, 06:21 PM
I need a new exhaust, do they make this for the 4 door? Any other suggestions?

dyolfknip
04-21-2009, 06:31 PM
I need a new exhaust, do they make this for the 4 door? Any other suggestions?

YA they make one for the 4 dr also. http://www.mbrp.com/?page=jeep&section=Automotive

And other Jeep stuff too :bounce:

bfj aka tambil
04-21-2009, 06:50 PM
that muffler looks just like an aeroturbine muffler.
http://www.aeroexhaust.com/car_muffler_2525xl.html

Bill, i am assuming that muffler is hollow (no baffle boards)

The MBRP isn't quiet. I should have taken a pic of the inside. You can see straight though, and there are rows of "cowl" looking perfs in a slightly twist pattern.. Mostly free flow IMO

I did buy it direct from MBRP, they are in Canada but shipping was fast and not to much $ (about $40)

For anyone interested:
Steve Nairn
Sales and Tech Support
Phone 1-888-636-7223
E-mail snairn@mbrp.com
www.mbrp.com

08blackheap
05-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Am I the only guy that thinks about the warranty issues with these mods?

terrahawk
05-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Am I the only guy that thinks about the warranty issues with these mods?

If you drove off the dealer lot, it's been off road, therefore you r warranty is already null and void.

campstrat
06-22-2009, 02:31 PM
If you drove off the dealer lot, it's been off road, therefore you r warranty is already null and void.

Shoot... my rig has both bumpers dented up, axle housing gashed, skid plates thrashed and the dealer still doesnt ask questions when i bring it in for warranty work, so i gotta say it just depends on the dealer, im workin with Cutter out here in Hawaii and theyve been awesome thus far

MBRP Tech 1
06-30-2009, 06:53 AM
Shoot... my rig has both bumpers dented up, axle housing gashed, skid plates thrashed and the dealer still doesnt ask questions when i bring it in for warranty work, so i gotta say it just depends on the dealer, im workin with Cutter out here in Hawaii and theyve been awesome thus far

I'd stick with this dealer...They are becoming few and far between that don't mind the vehicle to be used as it was intended. Sounds like you've got a winner...

Iron
07-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Been looking at this exhaust for a while, and i'm only holding off in buying one beause i'm not sure how it will sound! Can anyone post a link to a vid or sound clip? I would hate to get an exhaust and have it make my Jeep sound like a Ricer!

Also, what's the best way to relocate the evap canister? Is that covered in the instructions that come with the system?

Born2run
07-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Found this on youtube. Hope it's what you looking for.

YouTube - S5518 MBRP Performance Exhaust Demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8wZfWzNjT4&feature=related)

bfj aka tambil
07-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Been looking at this exhaust for a while, and i'm only holding off in buying one beause i'm not sure how it will sound! Can anyone post a link to a vid or sound clip? I would hate to get an exhaust and have it make my Jeep sound like a Ricer!

Also, what's the best way to relocate the evap canister? Is that covered in the instructions that come with the system?

It has a nice deep sound not ricey at all. EDIT.. Just listened to the above clip... sounds just like that. (Mine has gotten a little softer over time.. but still sounds like the clip)

The evap is really easy. I used the kit from woods, but on a four door its optional to move it.

I didn't move mine for several weeks after the muffler install on my 2 door and had no problems with heat there. But I had the kit and wanted to eventually move the evap anyway.

Great product by MBRP

Iron
07-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Thanks guys!

Will be ordering one ASAP!

Iron
07-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Quick question, how would a 2" body lift effct the mounting? And since the evap canister is body mounted would the body lift allow for extra clearance with the muffler, reducing the need to re-locate the evap canister?

bfj aka tambil
07-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I didn't relocate mine for several weeks after I had installed the muffler and had no issue at all.

Instead of relocating you could also run a simple heat shield between the muffler and the evap.

Because your would raise the Evap by 2" up.. I don't think it would make any real difference to in relation to the muffler. Just my opinion though.

MBRP Tech 1
07-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Quick question, how would a 2" body lift effct the mounting? And since the evap canister is body mounted would the body lift allow for extra clearance with the muffler, reducing the need to re-locate the evap canister?

The body lift should not affect the exhaust. These systems have been installed on most different suspension configurations without issue. Body lifts are obviously slightly different but I don't see there being any issues.

NorthGAX
07-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Does the evap have to be relocated for your exhaust?