Reverse Trigger Wire? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Reverse Trigger Wire?

jkdrone
04-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Anyone know where in the dash/column area the reverse trigger wire is?

I know there's one there, as the MyGig system can detect when you're in reverse. I don't have the MyGig system and want to avoid running a wire to the back to tap into the reverse light.

!c

usmcdoc14
04-11-2009, 12:36 PM
is it for mygig or for another aftermarket system? if its for an aftermarket system just run it to any switched wire if you want it constant on (I did this for my Kenwood and just toggle to the view via the screen controls)

jkdrone
04-11-2009, 01:09 PM
is it for mygig or for another aftermarket system? if its for an aftermarket system just run it to any switched wire if you want it constant on (I did this for my Kenwood and just toggle to the view via the screen controls)

Aftermarket. Already had everything wired up properly, just wanted to use the reverse trigger to turn it on automatically, I know there has to be one there, if the mygig uses it - just not about to tear the dash open again and trace every wire, after my experience today trying to fix my dome lights/cigarette lighter.

Will go digging for it again in a few weeks =)

!c

jdrogers
04-11-2009, 10:59 PM
...I know there has to be one there, if the mygig uses it - just not about to tear the dash open again and trace every wire...

There is no "trigger wire". The radio communicates with the other systems in the JK using the CANBUS network. There is a message sent (or requested by the radio) when the JK is in reverse.

If you have a manual transmission there is a Dark Green/White stripe wire from the transmission to the TIPM (in front of the battery).

Or in the passenger side kick panel is connector C200 where cavity 3 is a White/Gray stripe wire that is the backup light control output (+12V when backup lights are on),

JKrazed
04-24-2009, 09:36 PM
I think the canbus is a real PITA!! I spent all day chasing down issus, just to find out that I have the wrong wiring harness. Sucks!:shaking:

rob4607
04-25-2009, 08:19 PM
the12volt.com has the wire colors and locations that you need, relay tips and tricks, ect