Mopar Kicker kit [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Mopar Kicker kit

md_rubi
04-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Anyone try the Mopar Kicker kit? does the AMP any better then factory?

md_rubi
04-17-2009, 12:42 PM
so no one tried it yet?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?pn=14136+900X&c=2&cn=Kicker+Audio+Upgrades+for+'07-'09+Jeep%AE+Wrangler

the amp fits in the factory location and has 184 watt. anyone know what the factory watt is?

MaRShiN
04-17-2009, 01:34 PM
the website says 358W IIRC for the infinity system, dunno if that is (most likely) head + amp wattage tho.

thaduke2003
04-17-2009, 07:16 PM
I believe 358 watts is for the Infinity system- I'll check into it at work.
Kicker makes decent stuff, and their Mopar upgrades are usually pretty good. More expensive than doing it yourself, but warranteed if you have your dealer do it, which is kinda nice. For my $, though, go Infinity and DIY- the money you save will pay for anything that breaks as long as you don't do anything too dumb :) Mark W.

md_rubi
04-18-2009, 11:56 PM
I believe 358 watts is for the Infinity system- I'll check into it at work.
Kicker makes decent stuff, and their Mopar upgrades are usually pretty good. More expensive than doing it yourself, but warranteed if you have your dealer do it, which is kinda nice. For my $, though, go Infinity and DIY- the money you save will pay for anything that breaks as long as you don't do anything too dumb :) Mark W.

Like some people, i agree that the factory sounds sucks with the top and doors off, then again it's lot better then what was in all of my CJs. (man do i love the CJs!) I have been looking for a amp that will fit in the factory location since the interior gets wet alot because i drive doorless and topless from april to sept (it's a jeep). I have yet to find a AMP that will except for these kickers and I agree these seem expensive. Just posting to see if anyone has done this upgrade and if so is it worth the $$$ for the sound difference.

thaduke2003
04-19-2009, 05:27 AM
Call Crutchfield and look up a marine-grade amplifier. OR just leave it alone- we had a kid who put a $3k sound system in at the stereo/tint/toys shop next door in a new JK (hello $500 commission from them, $75 from Chrysler :)), and beyond the added bass, I can't tell much of a difference in sound- you still need to crank it most of the time- with the doors/top/windows off, there's nothing short of concert-sized speakers that will truly help- Mark W.