New to the Forum, Not new to Jeeps [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: New to the Forum, Not new to Jeeps

Papabear
07-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi! I'm from Lander, Wyoming I own and operate Two RV parks and am a Safety Manager for Sanjel USA out of Riverton Wyoming. I live 150 miles from Yellowstone National Park. I have been Off Roading for 30 + years. I drive:

2007 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon 4 Door, White
3" Full Traction Lift
Mopar/Hutchisin Bead Lock Wheels with Toyo 35's MT's
AEV Front Bumper with Skid Plate
Warn 9500ti winch
Fab 4 Rear Bumper and tire Carrier
5:13 Superior Axel Gears
Lowrance Baja 540 c GPS
Cobra CB Radio

Papabear:D

JK Wheeler
07-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Hi! I'm from Lander, Wyoming I own and operate Two RV parks and am a Safety Manager for Sanjel USA out of Riverton Wyoming. I live 150 miles from Yellowstone National Park. I have been Off Roading for 30 + years. I drive:

2007 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon 4 Door, White
3" Full Traction Lift
Mopar/Hutchisin Bead Lock Wheels with Toyo 35's MT's
AEV Front Bumper with Skid Plate
Warn 9500ti winch
Fab 4 Rear Bumper and tire Carrier
5:13 Superior Axel Gears
Lowrance Baja 540 c GPS
Cobra CB Radio

Papabear:D

Welcome,
It sounds like you have a nice JK post up some pics:D

MichaelW
07-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the forum!

I agree post some pics!

Papabear
07-23-2007, 09:52 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x123/13papabear/shoshone71407jeep001.jpg

Here is My Baby. Papabear

MichaelW
07-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Looking Good Papabear! Sheesh now I need to get an RV so I can come up and visit! :D

Papabear
07-23-2007, 01:42 PM
A Nylon RV will work, also have Cabins. Papabear:D

nam6869usmc
07-24-2007, 03:32 PM
A Nylon RV will work, also have Cabins. Papabear:D

Welcome Papabear,..you've been wheelin longer than most people are old.....even at my age I'll listen like listening to (E.F. Hutton), never to old to consume excellent knowledge.. I've seen your Rubi many times before, and it is an awsome looking Rubi.

Papabear
07-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Welcome Papabear,..you've been wheelin longer than most people are old.....even at my age I'll listen like listening to (E.F. Hutton), never to old to consume exvcellent knowledge.. I've seen your Rubi many times before, and it is an awsome looking Rubi.

Thanks. :D Papabear

Living Still
07-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Papabear. :)

-Casey

MJS_Jeep_888
10-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Howdy Papabear. I've been lurking for a bit, and am dying to know: You used to be a moderator over at that other site (which I'm still a happy member of). Seems like a large group of the users here are renegades or exiles from that other site, so I have to ask: What happened? What's the backstory with you? Did you have some falling out with the management over there?

Rupedog
10-04-2007, 05:17 AM
Hello Papabear, I'm pleased to see you on here aready. I was bummed when I read your goodby on the other site. There just isn't enough of us older guys that remember what it was like to drive jeeps that didn't have a defroster in them that worked and how you herded them down the road instead of driving them like todays jeeps.

MJS_Jeep_888
10-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Hello Papabear, I'm pleased to see you on here aready. I was bummed when I read your goodby on the other site. There just isn't enough of us older guys that remember what it was like to drive jeeps that didn't have a defroster in them that worked and how you herded them down the road instead of driving them like todays jeeps.

Hey Rupe -

While I'm waiting for Papabear himself to respond to my earlier post asking what happened, can you give me the summary version, or better yet, point me to that "goodbye" on the other site? I've tried searching, and can't find anything even close to a goodbye... in fact, searching under his username, it looks like Papabear was an active member until August, then just stopped posting entirely... was his "goodbye" deleted?

Don't worry Papabear - not stalking you! :laughing: Just curious - knowing the backstory on why so many of you are here (and not on the other site) makes me want to know why everyone else is here (besides what the site has to offer, obviously).