H.I.D'S 1 OF THE BEST MODS [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: H.I.D'S 1 OF THE BEST MODS

MALL CRAWLER
04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
My friends shop installed a pair of H.I.D's and it was like the it gave the JK a different life. 1st of all with the 10k set I can actually see at night. Its almost as if the lights went on at a night time game. I could actually see and didnt feel like I was gonna kill someone I dint see cause of the less that decent OEM lighting. @2nd it just gives it that upperclass look that it deserves along w/ the right mods to make H2/H3 simply the over priced soccer mom SUV they are. RIGHT WHERE THEY BELONG LOOKIN UP TO US

SaharaBlackNo1
04-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Which HID kit? The stock ones definitely leave much to be desired.

Post up some pics of your JK.

mtnmedic
04-06-2009, 06:53 AM
I put in my HID's about 6 months ago and agree, it is one of the best mods. especially for me because i drive up the mountains in the dark and it is so much nicer being able to see!.

i got mine from retro-solutions.com and highly recommend him. Lifetime warranty and great customer service. Just tell him what you want and he'll put it together.

azbgbdwlf
04-06-2009, 09:15 AM
If you don't mind me ask'n how much a good kit cost's.

Ogie
04-06-2009, 09:20 AM
pics? part#?

mtnmedic
04-06-2009, 04:09 PM
I dont's have parts or prices, but from his website, you should expect to spend around 200 give or take the configuration you want. If you go cheap, like on eBay, you will get something that WILL stop working on you at the most inopportune time. If you think how important lights are and how much they can be taken for granted...I did and learned my lesson.

seriously, email todd at retro-solutions.com and he will put a package together depending on what you specifically want. BTW, he has a LIFETIME WARRANTY

ONLYSUPER
04-07-2009, 11:16 PM
My friends shop installed a pair of H.I.D's and it was like the it gave the JK a different life. 1st of all with the 10k set I can actually see at night. Its almost as if the lights went on at a night time game. I could actually see and didnt feel like I was gonna kill someone I dint see cause of the less that decent OEM lighting. @2nd it just gives it that upperclass look that it deserves along w/ the right mods to make H2/H3 simply the over priced soccer mom SUV they are. RIGHT WHERE THEY BELONG LOOKIN UP TO US

No pics

Harley0706
04-14-2009, 08:39 AM

What do you think of the 10k? In my past expierence that has seemed too "blue" and sacrifices a some light for an overly "I have HID" look. I hear the 6k have better light but the 8k are a good mix between the "look at me" and "look what I can see" mind sets.

Would you buy the 10k again or would you get a lower k rating?

SRTpusher
04-21-2009, 09:07 PM
what keeps the beam from blinding on coming drivers? factory HIDs have a cutoff of some kind. or are these the lights that bleed all over the place?