Florida to Alaska [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Florida to Alaska

styx
04-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Hey guys, Im talking 45 days for a trip from florida to alaska and was wondering if any one had any ideas on some good trails along the way. Im doing all camping, Kayaking and OHV as i can. Let me know

My route is as follows. But is anyone has any good (expadition pack fuel and camp kinda) trails let me know. thanks

Florida stirght across texas. Up through middle NM. west, then north, then east in colorado. North West through WY. up western montana. due west across north idaho to seattle was, down to smith rock OR. then up the coast to Alaska

100dollarman
04-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I dont have any trail suggestions for you, but... sounds like a KICKASS trip!!!

Are you going to post pics and keep us updated? Please do!

Have a great trip!:beer:

SimpleMan
04-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Yes sounds like a great trip. Have fun and post the pics. Oh and by the way - :thefinger:

Proud Rebel
04-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Watch it coming thru Baton Rouge, don't get caught up in the five o'clock traffic. You WILL be there awhile...:grinpimp:

MaRShiN
04-05-2009, 01:35 PM
If you're travelling along the "coast" of Alaska instead of going a little deep into Canada then heading west, make sure you bring lots of water and food and gas. It's barren as hell out there and the roads are not in good condition. Sounds like a blast tho and x3 on wanting to see the pix. Was born up there, really want to go back again soon.

allterrain
04-05-2009, 02:19 PM
From New Mexico you MUST go West at the CO border and through Moab and stay a couple of days. It would be a crime to miss wheeling some of those trails.
:)

styx
04-06-2009, 03:36 AM
The trip is in July, and Ill keep you guys updated with pics and location VIA SPOT ill put links up to the site. I hope some of you can invite me to your local wheeling/ rock climbing/ camping/ kayaking spots as i trail up and down our amazing country.

Till then. God Bless yah you crazy ass holes!