Super Chips Programmer Installed [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Super Chips Programmer Installed

rooster
04-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Got the Super Chip programmer today. I like it! Easy to use and I felt a seat of the pants difference. Even with 5:13's mines been a dog over the last couple of days since putting on the 37's. Ofcourse Im driving a brick in 30 mph winds.

I set it on the 89 octane setting and found no detonation or pinging. You hit the throttle and it goes. It also appears to have gotten rid of the lag that happens when you push the gas. I'll have to play with it some more but there are fan settings, performance settings, transfer case settings for front and rear, tire and gear settings and I think Im leaving a couple out. Plus unlike the competition it comes with a USB so you can download updates.

I actually went to the R&D location and picked it up. They came out and programmed it for me and walked me thru it. I like their customer service.

We're giving a couple of these away at Jeep Beach so hopefully a couple of you will walk away with one.

Grant211
04-03-2009, 08:42 PM
awesome!

My bud called me tonight and told me they released it today... Hopefully i'll be picking mine up next week

When i had the superchips for my old hemi, i loved it!!!!

karnuvore
04-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Id pay for it just to get rid of drive by wire lag. I ****ing hate that thing when Im on dunes. Doesnt bother me at slow crawl speeds. But that lag gets hairy when you're needing that power in a hurry.

Yeah and I hear ya on this wind lately. 30mph steady winds 24/7 is a ***** at highway speed.

milgre
04-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Have had mine for a couple weeks now and loving it - realized 1 additional mpg even with my lead foot :) Agree with Jeff - throttle response is better.

Grant211
04-03-2009, 08:54 PM
i suck at this picture posting, but i've had this file for awhile.. I guess i can post it now... maybe somebody can blow it up, so you can see what superchips can do

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w309/Grant211/superchips.jpg?t=1238813578

karnuvore
04-03-2009, 08:57 PM
how $$ is this?

Grant211
04-03-2009, 08:58 PM
how $$ is this?

last i heard is that the public can buy them around $379 from superchips

karnuvore
04-03-2009, 09:58 PM
I want the lag gone..but not that bad.

rooster
04-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Trust me its worth it. The problem with me is like at River Rock. When your trying to crawl over rocks and need a little gas its either none or all. Now that the lag is gone its instant peddle. Its does a lot more though. There are all kinds of settings that you can play with. I want to get into the t-case settings and see what they do. I loved it on the highway today. Even driving against the wind you could give it gas and get instant response. This will go into my best mods file. Its a pretty cool tool.

MILGRE - You might want to take yours back to S/C and get an adjustment since I smoked your a$$ at the track the other day. lol. 2 Jeeps drag racing...that was funny.

milgre
04-04-2009, 03:26 PM
LOL - actually - you went before 3 LOL!

rooster
04-04-2009, 07:27 PM
LOL - actually - you went before 3 LOL!

Yeah, If I remember right the count was coming from your Jeep.

milgre
04-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Yes, it did - but you went before he got to 3 - don't matter where it came from if you went early - LOL! It was way too cool racing two jeeps in the infield of DIS!

karnuvore
04-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Do I bribe you here to win this at Jeep Beach or should I bribe you in person?

hehehe :thefinger:

was on some hills tonite and cursed the lag not once but twice....

BLACK JK
04-05-2009, 07:47 AM
i found a good deal and getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these. sounds like a great product.

rooster
04-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes, it did - but you went before he got to 3 - don't matter where it came from if you went early - LOL! It was way too cool racing two jeeps in the infield of DIS!

LOL you do know I use to drag race semi-professionally and have over 300 rounds under by foot right? Or should I say thumb since I used a line lock. I didnt leave early, I tree'd you.

bfj aka tambil
04-06-2009, 08:42 PM
not very clear but a little easier to read hopefully.

bfj aka tambil
04-06-2009, 08:44 PM
SOOOO... can we race at jeep beach?

Really would love to see how the supercharger with the new MBRP exhaust stacks up on the line!

milgre
04-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Do remember ya used to race - but I think you're a little rusty....if there'd been a tree - it woulda been red on your side!

Sadly, Bill - we won't be able to do that at Jeep Beach - least not in the infield.

Grant211
04-07-2009, 05:34 AM
Here is an idea....

bring your jeeps to Orlando Speedworld and run the 1/4!

It's about 6 miles east of JeepersDen.

I go there atleast once a month. In fact, I was there last Friday night. There was a 18 second cougar, so we won't feel that bad. Just make sure you don't go in lanes 1 & 2. Those are for the cars that go under 11 seconds. 3, 4, 5, and 6 are for the other cars.

If you guys wanna go, i'll race ya or anybody for that matter. I know I can get a better reaction than Jeff...:laughing:

rooster
04-07-2009, 06:38 AM
LOL, you guys are funny :thefinger:

Grant you should ask your friend at S/C if he has an updated stat sheet. I'd like to see the difference between the 87/91/93 Octane settings. Also they need better descriptions. Like for the transfer case. Theres no description of what changing the settings will do for them and several other items.

Grant211
04-07-2009, 06:41 AM
LOL, you guys are funny :thefinger:

Grant you should ask your friend at S/C if he has an updated stat sheet. I'd like to see the difference between the 87/91/93 Octane settings. Also they need better descriptions. Like for the transfer case. Theres no description of what changing the settings will do for them and several other items.

I already asked that question and here ya go- "The 87 tune gains are about 4 horsepower and 5tq less than than the 91"

I still wanna race my jeep at orlando speedworld! LOL!!!!

milgre
04-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Now that could be fun - I would just have to figure out how to disable that feature in my jeep that emits a high-piercing scream or the words "NO, NO, NO" at an alarming decibel whenever something exciting/scary is about to happen! LOL

bfj aka tambil
04-07-2009, 03:35 PM
hahaha...

So Orlando Speedworld... I will have to make time soon for this. Besides if I can break an axle, then I can get chromoly's...

Crazy X
04-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Now that could be fun - I would just have to figure out how to disable that feature in my jeep that emits a high-piercing scream or the words "NO, NO, NO" at an alarming decibel whenever something exciting/scary is about to happen! LOL

Now thats funny :laughing:
Grant do they have a lane that measures the 1/4 mile in minutes :thefinger:

Clark
04-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Does the flashpac allow the electronic axle lock to be used in 4HI ?

pastorsteve
04-15-2009, 07:40 PM
If anyone has an in or connection with any of the vendors selling these maybe you could see about a group discount. I have seen it as low as 315 and may be available for less if we band together for a group discount.

If this is against the rules, please simply delete.

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/products/E9SCI332.15.html

rooster
04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
If anyone has an in or connection with any of the vendors selling these maybe you could see about a group discount. I have seen it as low as 315 and may be available for less if we band together for a group discount.

If this is against the rules, please simply delete.

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/products/E9SCI332.15.html

Superchips will be at Jeep Beach and will have them on site. Im sure they will do as they did at a recent show and offer the discount. 2 lucky people will win one at Jeep Beach!

rooster
04-15-2009, 08:01 PM

Clark I couldnt answer this accuratley. I want to say yes. Mine are on idependent swithes anyway so thats why I couldnt say for sure. Im sure they are going to build a bypass to this if requested an already not a feature. They will be at Jeep Beach so I would ask to be sure. Grant has a connection as well and may can get you an answer quicker.

pastorsteve
04-15-2009, 08:01 PM
That's great but............ only a very small percent of those herein will be in attendance. Maybe they can provide a purchase code for a group discount. Or any vendor that wants to sell a bunch of these. I found them for 315 and they are probably available for less as a group. Maybe 275-295 in group. We should be able to get 10 or more for a 10% off the 315 for $285 ish.

rooster
04-15-2009, 08:03 PM
That's great but............ only a very small percent of those herein will be in attendance. Maybe they can provide a purchase code for a group discount. Or any vendor that wants to sell a bunch of these. I found them for 315 and they are probably available for less as a group. Maybe 275-295 in goup. We should be able to get 10 or more for a 10% off the 315 for $285 ish.

Pastorsteve I will be more than happy to ask. My connection is in Atlanta and is the marketing director for them. I will let him know that members of this forum are interested and would like a discount code. I'll let you know what he says.

pastorsteve
04-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Dude (as they say) that would be wonderful. The reports I've read on these after initial installation - even from guys who have been running other competitor's models - is really appealing.

Obviously the best advertisments - especially on a new product - is from satisfied users.

milgre
04-15-2009, 08:26 PM

Clark - from the superchips website - listed as a feature...

4WD-HI axle locking for Rubicon

I will test it this weekend....

BeerMonkeY
04-30-2009, 05:28 PM
my friend who works for a large aftermarket parts distributer called me today to tell me he canget these at a good price, dont know whagt good is but maybe we can get a gruop purchase together. and yes he told me it will let you lock the lockers in 4wd high.

milgre
05-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Clark - from the superchips website - listed as a feature...

4WD-HI axle locking for Rubicon

I will test it this weekend....

Clark - tested it and it does work - but you have to do it through the programmer.

pastorsteve
05-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Mine came in yesterday and I just finished the 20 second update. I'll try to get it installed today. Has anyone done comparisons between the 87 and 91 octane programming? What seems to be working best?

thaduke2003
05-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Just pulled the trigger on mine- should be here Thursday afternoon or Friday- woo hoo! Thanks again to Tom at Truckcustomizers.com

Going by what I've seen with "other brand" programmers on the JK, there is a SLIGHT improvement in HP, and a noticable improvement in torque going from 87 to 91 (93 octane here). No real change in MPG gain, however- Mark W.

Clark
05-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Clark - tested it and it does work - but you have to do it through the programmer.

Thanks Milli,
I'll wait 'til after jeep beach to buy one, maybe I'll win one.
See y'all there

rooster
05-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Just an FYI Superchips will have about 20 on site and for sale. Got the notice today.

pastorsteve
05-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Updated and installed today. Simple installation and quick install. I took it for a short drive but will have to try it on the highway tomorrow. I never had an issue with acceleration or throttle response as I have a 6-speed so I didn't notice an immediate "power" increase. I want to monitor the mileage and play with the programming points and see how it feels over the next week.

Pretty simple really even for me and I've never installed or used a vehicle programmer. It's just like installing a PDA or other plug-and-play electronic.

ucfavenger
05-07-2009, 03:04 PM
i just installed the superchips programmer last week. simply amazing in my opinion.

it did all the basic stuff. ie: accounted for my 37 inch tires, adjusted my shift points, reset my spedometer, yada yada. but the thing that impressed me the most was how it "woke up" my engine. i mean, its still no hemi. but now the throttle instantly engages, the tac will quickly flip to nearly the redline when i punch it, and i can pass on the highway now!!! (keep in mind i havent even regeared yet so i still have my 3.73's)

has a bunch of other nice features too....

superchips has gained my respect instantly.

thaduke2003
05-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Did mine- gotta say, in normal driving, no big change. But when you get on it! WHEW! She gets up and goes now. The e-throttle response is a BIT better, but not as good as I'd hoped- still not as good as a good, old-fashioned cable, but better than the mush it used to be. Haven't re-fueled yet, but the needle seems to be in slow-mo, so I'm happy :)
Mark W.