15x8 wheels backspacing [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: 15x8 wheels backspacing

steve&2jc's
11-30-2007, 07:23 AM
First off, I did search. Anyway, I want to got to 15x8 black soft 8 wheels and I only see them with 4" backspacing. I'm running 16x7's now with 4.5 backspacing and would like to stay at that to keep the tires under the fenders a little more. Does anyone know if they actually make them with 4.5 or could recommend another inexpensive steel wheel. I know originally the 4" was a problem and some had to do some caliper grinding to make it fit. I just want to make sure I get what I want and not settle and be sorry.

WTF_LOL
11-30-2007, 11:40 AM
4.5 would be too much on 15's. I have 4 and there is less then a 1/4 inch clearence in the front. Personally, I think 3.75 would be best in a steel wheel but I couldn't imagine a 4.5 fitting.

This thread may help, it has some confirmed 15" wheels...
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510&highlight=confirmed+wheel+fitment

There are a few 15" rims confirmed in here.

For some reason it looks like I was the only one with any fitment issues regarding grinding. Even then it was just to remove some casting or molding material.

Good luck!

Either way, when you do get some, post a pic in that thread :beer:

steve&2jc's
11-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks. I had a feeling 4.5 would be too much but wasn't sure. I def. want 15's though, cheaper tires in the long run.