Rainmaker! [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Rainmaker!

Jason
03-24-2009, 09:13 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/jasonsgu/DSC_0046.jpg

Details in posts 29 & 30 of this thread: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7387

Alter Ego
03-24-2009, 09:22 PM
We're not likely to see to many of those on Michigan. When people around here want to get fogged, they just pop a cold one, and then another, and then another...

It is an interesting idea though. I'm having fun thinking that this mod came about because someone fried their brains in the hot sun too long - and how many ways that can be taken.

RubiJK
03-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Thats pretty cool! Mist systems are very popular out here in Arizona. We line our patios with them and they drop the temps 10-20*. They really work best in hot DRY climates like ours. People in diff parts of the country laugh when I tell them about this though...

homesickmarine
03-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Holy smokes Jason... did Knight Industries build that JK?
The thing is LOADED! Cool idea though.

Yeah, the mist thing never really caught on down in this part of Texas. :beer:

STUPIDFACE
03-26-2009, 01:16 PM
in louisiana, its always misting. 100% humidity...:hide:

corey d

N2rock
03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
yeah, we live in 95% humidity. So misting really isn't a great solution. Although I have walked into a mist tent on a hot day and it felt great.

wanderingtrail
03-26-2009, 07:17 PM
I did that in my TJ and LJ, it's awesome. Nothing like sitting on a hot trail when you can't run the A/C due to the heat, just fire off the misters.. and immediately get the :thefinger: from the other drivers.

Ron

Jason
03-26-2009, 08:44 PM
I turned on the misting nozzles today for a while (about 5 minutes at a time) and everyone at the show really liked them. It was about 80 degrees today and people appreciated the opportunity to cool off a bit. The reaction it got was fantastic. :D

oz97tj
03-26-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't know if I would ever want them here in Michigan, but they are cool. How fast do you burn through the water?

Jason
03-27-2009, 07:05 PM
I don't know if I would ever want them here in Michigan, but they are cool. How fast do you burn through the water?

It's a 6 gallon tank. I turn them off and on all day long and only burn through maybe 2 gallons. It's not something you'd want on the entire time. A minute or two will cool you down and then you can turn them off for a while.

Jason
05-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I never knew how valuable this system would be until I got around Phoenix, AZ yesterday. Dayum it's hot here (key Nelly song). I'm having flashbacks from Iraq...it's 100+ degrees during the day and my dumb self is dry camping.

Anyhow, the misting system has worked GREAT!!! I used it quite a bit today while driving around. I tend to never use my A/C, so this is a terrific substitute. I got some funny looks while in traffic (and one cell phone picture), but as long as it was cooling me off, I could care less. :D

While those in the northern states probably could do without this, I don't know how those of you in the southwest deal with this heat otherwise. I'm sure to get a lot of use out of it this weekend at the WFTW event here in AZ.

Razorback1
05-14-2009, 12:37 AM
in louisiana, its always misting. 100% humidity...:hide:

corey d

true dat! feels like a blanket wrapped around you

Ironman
05-25-2009, 06:51 PM
It's a 6 gallon tank. I turn them off and on all day long and only burn through maybe 2 gallons. It's not something you'd want on the entire time. A minute or two will cool you down and then you can turn them off for a while.

Do you have a link for these? I tried to find this without any luck...

Esquared
05-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Does overbuilt customs sell these?