speaker sizes? [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: speaker sizes?

kelevra
03-23-2009, 07:14 PM
My jk is in the body shop right now, so I am unable to look for myself. Does anyone know what size the speakers are in the dash and in the soundbar? It is the MyGig/Infinity system. There is a BIG sale in town on high end speakers and i would like to upgrade the speakers while they are way below cost.

firewire
03-24-2009, 01:03 PM
6.5", but you have depth issues on the soundbar I think, and even more is that you should go with a 2 ohm speaker instead of 4 ohm if using the factory amp. That leaves your options to only a few. I think Infinity 6022i and a Kicker 77kick??? that uses the exact same mounting hole pattern. You can pick up the Kickers on ebay for about $80 a pair with the wire harness already attached.

kelevra
03-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks firewire. The speakers I was looking at are only 5.25" $15 for 220w clarions was too good to be true anyways. (real price, wrong size) :shaking:

Alter Ego
03-26-2009, 11:00 AM
... There is a BIG sale in town on high end speakers and i would like to upgrade the speakers ....

... $15 for 220w clarions ...

:shaking: Stolen high end speakers cost more than that.

On a more realistic note, I've had a lot of luck with Crutchfield.com. They have vehicle specific info like sizes needed and info on relative quality of different speakers. They also have plug and play adapters for the spark challenged. You're not likely to find any discount prices there but you will find solid value.