New type of Snorkel [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: New type of Snorkel

O2BDrty
03-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Hey everyone. Check out this snorkel. Comes all the way from Australia.

http://www.snorkels.com.au/p/552241/snorkel-kit-jeep-jk-wrangler.html

BeerMonkeY
03-20-2009, 05:39 PM
not horrible, prob look good paintedbody color

ONLYSUPER
03-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Its actually not that bad, Its protected a litle bit with the fender. But if i look at it too much i might:puke::puke:

owtdorz
03-20-2009, 05:52 PM
I think I will stick with getting the AEV.
I'd rather cut the hood and not have punch a hole in the side and modify my airbox.

PKayser
03-20-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with left hand drive. Compare the images to those of AEV or River Raider it looks like the air box is further back and maybe lower on right hand drive JK's.

karnuvore
03-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Looks like a cheap version of the River Raider. I like it better than AEV though.

edivebuddy
03-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Looks like a cheap version of the River Raider. I like it better than AEV though.

Looks like a cheap version of a Safari Snorkle. Wait it is an Safari Snorkle! Damn ARB copy cats :shaking:

bfj aka tambil
03-20-2009, 09:30 PM
The lower entry point probably doesn't interfere with the battery.

But I will stick to my River Raider (made in the USA)

4x4snorkels
03-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Looks like a cheap version of a Safari Snorkle. Wait it is an Safari Snorkle! Damn ARB copy cats :shaking:
Hi Snorkels.com.au, our e-commerce software picked up this referral link.

Our "Airflow" 4x4 snorkels are manufactured by Gibsonrm (www.gibsonrm.com.au) here in Australia, and they are not Safari snorkels.

If you have any questions or after a group discount for a snorkel please let us know.

Cheers,

Daniel

www.snorkels.com.au
sales@snorkels.com.au

offroader613
03-21-2009, 07:35 AM
I think I will stick with getting the AEV.
I'd rather cut the hood and not have punch a hole in the side and modify my airbox.
My luck I would cut the wrong hole in the fender.....

airric00
03-21-2009, 07:43 AM
I like this one... Wonder if they sell it for left handed vehicles.. The AEV looks like a street light in person.. It's HIDEOUS!!

beagsjeep
03-23-2009, 06:04 PM
I love my AEV snorkel.fits great.looks great..:)

Bigjerm
03-23-2009, 08:24 PM
If you have any questions or after a group discount for a snorkel please let us know.

where is your yellow star? :grinpimp:

VSDPV
03-24-2009, 10:00 AM
I like this one... Wonder if they sell it for left handed vehicles.. The AEV looks like a street light in person.. It's HIDEOUS!!

In case you havent noticed, AEV is now available with a ram inlet:

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Images/97602/97602-add16-lg.jpg

stralph
03-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Now that snorkle would work with the KMA light bar.

SASQUATCH
04-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Any snorkel provides better than the OEM air box "cold air", but what gets me is the underhood "so-called" Cold Air Intakes :laughing:. Although underhood CAIs are better than stock and some of the air boxes/seals are better than others thus providing more of a cold air effect, they are still intaking hot air from the engine bay. Granted there are the overseas diesel intakes fitting under the hood (those are an exception) and could be used on the 3.8s.

I kinda like the AEV but it still has this "giant plumbing contraption" look to it that you have to stare at, perhaps you get used to it, bit just ugly at times, need to check out my buddies in person. Still waiting for a manufacturer to come up with something with a better tucked away design maybe using the air damn under the wipers and entering the engine bay from there.

pastorsteve
04-26-2009, 09:32 AM
I like this one the best so far but their site says right hand drive only. AlmightyCrash has one I like and I'm trying to get some information on that one. I would never intall a new hood to get a snorkel.

PUDDLZ
04-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi Snorkels.com.au, our e-commerce software picked up this referral link.

Our "Airflow" 4x4 snorkels are manufactured by Gibsonrm (www.gibsonrm.com.au) here in Australia, and they are not Safari snorkels.

Cheers,

Daniel

www.snorkels.com.au
sales@snorkels.com.au

Hey Daniel

First Welcome to JKO :beer:

Second, check into becoming a Vendor also, great place here to network with others too.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297

jacktuttle
04-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey everyone. Check out this snorkel. Comes all the way from Australia.

http://www.snorkels.com.au/p/552241/snorkel-kit-jeep-jk-wrangler.html

I don't think I can convert my jeep to right hand drive to use this snorkel. :shaking: