Land Use Update from Team Albright [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Land Use Update from Team Albright

jeepndel
04-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks, first of all, for allowing me to hangout with ya'll at Woody's in Moab. :)

Just a couple things I'd like to share after talking to many of you in Moab and other events recently.

1. Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) has become one of our main foes for responsible off-road recreation. They want you to park your JK in a museum. They are after our bullets (ammunition) even and just got shot down by the EPA with another bogus filing to ban lead ammo. They find "endangered" species at the drop of a hat to close sand dunes, trails and watersheds. Between them and a few other extremist protectionist groups, the file a law suit EVERY WEEK.

2. Think globally and ACT locally -- the best thing you can do if you have limited time and funds. But ACT. Adopt a trail; help manage an off-road area the government is supposed to manage; go to a few meetings about your trails; write your congressman and tell him what you think; show up to volunteer projects in your area. BE there.

3. JOIN everything that makes sense to you, starting with the big national dogs, the BlueRibbon Coalition.

Del

chevyjeep
04-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Center of Biological Diversity has 35,000 member and a annual budget of $8 million. Untill we can convence everyone that travel off road to join a organization to help fight trail closure we will always be fighting a up hill battle.

RockMolester
05-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the update, Del!

This is why I'm a lifetime member of BlueRibbon Coalition and CORVA, and a member of Cal4Wheel, United Four Wheel Drive Association, and Tread Lightly.

Now we just need to get all these different organizations to work better together as a team effort to squash the anti-access faux-environmentalist groups.

Slippery
05-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Del, keep posting updates of everything that's going on with Land Usage. Life gets in the way and we can't keep up with all the news.