Headboard Holster [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Headboard Holster

bodyguy
03-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Anyone ever seen a headboard holster? I am looking for some type of holster I can mount under the headboard and lower than the top of the mattress.

kerryp
03-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Can't imagine it would be that difficult. Get you a cheaper Uncle Mikes nylon holster or similar and then attach it to the headboard somehow.

My Uncle Mikes Ruger holster is nylon with a belt clip and could be easily adapted to do something like that, could even figure out a way to build a bracket that the belt clip would snap onto, so the holster could still be easily removed and taken with you.

Heres one I found from Googling that might give you some ideas:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/grassburr_holster.htm

kerryp
03-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Here is a link to some more ideas with pictures that might help:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2988875

usmcdoc14
03-15-2009, 08:56 AM
some 1/8" sheet maybe 6"x12" bent at a 90* with 4" or so sticking down. on the down part either drill some holes or cover in velcro and attach a cheap nylon holster. slide the long part between the matress and boxspring.

cost you nothing if you look in your garage :D

bodyguy
03-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Can't imagine it would be that difficult. Get you a cheaper Uncle Mikes nylon holster or similar and then attach it to the headboard somehow.

My Uncle Mikes Ruger holster is nylon with a belt clip and could be easily adapted to do something like that, could even figure out a way to build a bracket that the belt clip would snap onto, so the holster could still be easily removed and taken with you.

Heres one I found from Googling that might give you some ideas:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/grassburr_holster.htm

some 1/8" sheet maybe 6"x12" bent at a 90* with 4" or so sticking down. on the down part either drill some holes or cover in velcro and attach a cheap nylon holster. slide the long part between the matress and boxspring.

Easy enough, problem is I always over think the idea now I can over build it so I can keep the super red hawk behind the bed:D.

kerryp
03-15-2009, 09:09 AM

Especially in his garage :thefinger:

bodyguy
03-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Especially in his garage :thefinger:

Thats if I could find anything with all the flooring, furniture and saw dust every where. Damn hunny do list :pissed:

Mr.RonGilbert
03-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Have any Kids in the house? If not then just stick it between the mattress and the box springs along with a good tactical light....

bodyguy
03-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Have any Kids in the house? If not then just stick it between the mattress and the box springs along with a good tactical light....

Kids? I have some, uuh 5. I have a theory, teach them the respect a gun deserves make them understand the power of destruction a gun can cause, the loss of life a mishandled gun can create and keep on their a$s about it, then they should leave them alone. I keep all of my guns locked up except for one, and if I can hide it well and keep the curiosity down by involving my kids with weapons then hopefully all will be well. I know an accident with a gun is not reversible but I don't want anyone else taking from me or my family, so that is a risk I will carry with me day to day.

Mr.RonGilbert
03-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Kids? I have some, uuh 5. I have a theory, teach them the respect a gun deserves make them understand the power of destruction a gun can cause, the loss of life a mishandled gun can create and keep on their a$s about it, then they should leave them alone. I keep all of my guns locked up except for one, and if I can hide it well and keep the curiosity down by involving my kids with weapons then hopefully all will be well. I know an accident with a gun is not reversible but I don't want anyone else taking from me or my family, so that is a risk I will carry with me day to day.

I am with you on that one! I have tried to do the same, with two kids, a 5yo boy and 6yo girl. I am 100% sure that the girl gets it and I work with the boy constantly and sometimes he gets his head stuck in his azz about things that are dangerous (too much like me I guess). I have never seen my kids try and mess with my guns and have left them out unloaded just to see if they would let curiosity get the best of them.... I just don't want to be wrong.. you might not get another chance. I have seen too many kids shot because of negligent parents as well as good parents. I bought one of the Gunvaults (http://www.gunvault.com/) and keep a tac light inside. My phone (doubles as an alarm clock) sits right on top, I can be locked and loaded and have 911 on the line in seconds after a little practice.

You know.... before I got the gunvault I would walk in the house and place the gun on top of the freezer by the back door and then stash it between the mattress when time for bed... then next morning it went right back in the ol' azzcrack.... repeat.. that worked just as good while they are small and by the time they can reach the top of the freezer they should be old enough to understand... like you stated.