Transmission Problem [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Transmission Problem

extrication
11-23-2007, 01:00 PM
I just lost the synchro (six speed manual) when shifting from 4th to 5th. I have to double clutch to make the shift. Down shifting is not a problem. Since I'm not a tranny guy (pun intended, no pictures please!), I thought I would ask everyone's opinion before the dealer's service manager has a chance to ruin my day.

93country
11-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Well I have been driving mine for about 18000 miles now and have never had a problem shifting into or out of any gear. The transmission is made by Mercedes and I have found it nice and smooth. If I were you I would make a run into the dealership and get them to take it for a drive.

RedRockJK
11-26-2007, 08:10 PM
A local guy has lost his 4-5 synchro as well. They are going to put a new tranny in his when it comes in.

DiscoBayJoe
11-29-2007, 09:05 PM
My 1st-2nd gear synchro has felt a little off since new. I also have a VERY narrow window to attempt to downshift into 2nd. I'm planning to have it checked out on my 1st service.

basketmaker
06-07-2008, 05:46 PM
My 1st-2nd gear synchro has felt a little off since new. I also have a VERY narrow window to attempt to downshift into 2nd. I'm planning to have it checked out on my 1st service.
Mine too. Thought it was me since it had been several years since I have had to shift. Plan on getting it check on 1st trip back to the dealer.

papatrucker
06-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Has the life time warrentee doesn't? Should be covered.
Kevin.