Low Profile JK Light Bar [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Low Profile JK Light Bar

stralph
03-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Alright, you all asked for it so here it is. We modified our exisiting light bar so you can now fit it in the garage but it still maintains the protection we originally built it for. It comes predrilled for up to 7 lights, depending on your needs.

It's in production now and ships within 1 - 2 weeks depending on whether you want the hinges and lights with it.

Let me know what you think!

Scott :beer:
http://www.kmafabrication.com

karnuvore
03-13-2009, 11:12 AM
looks beefy!

Ipe
03-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Thats one of the best I've seen yet. :smokin:

beer:30
03-13-2009, 11:37 AM
I like it
is it strong enough work as a roll bar too?

BigO
03-13-2009, 11:38 AM
X2 for the beef. I like it. Maybe include limb risers as an option?

SDMF
03-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Scott, is this like the other one where it is $100 extra with it already welded to hinges? $359.00 total plus shipping?

HITMONEY
03-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Would love to run it, but it looks like this one isn't going to work with the AEV snorkel either.

Jason
03-13-2009, 02:50 PM
I think it looks good, but what about those running the windshield mounted lights? Is there an adapter piece to mount those? If not, it might be something to think about making.

SDMF
03-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I think it looks good, but what about those running the windshield mounted lights? Is there an adapter piece to mount those? If not, it might be something to think about making.

Looking at the pic, I think there are taps on the hinge piece to mount lights there too.

venom
03-13-2009, 05:28 PM
yeah looks like there are light tabs on the WS mounts

buy like hitmoney said, doesn't look like it will clear my snorkel :(

karnuvore
03-13-2009, 05:31 PM
yeah looks like there are light tabs on the WS mounts

buy like hitmoney said, doesn't look like it will clear my snorkel :(

cant you just put some spacers in the snorkel or something? I plan on getting the river raider snorkel and I know I'll have to get creative to get it to fit around my skybar.

venom
03-13-2009, 05:34 PM
cant you just put some spacers in the snorkel or something? I plan on getting the river raider snorkel and I know I'll have to get creative to get it to fit around my skybar.

no real way to space it, its all one solid piece from the airbox to the top.
If you spaced it out then it wouldnt reach the airbox
the passenger side bar on the lightbar would have to tuck in a little or something

stralph
03-13-2009, 10:47 PM
I like it
is it strong enough work as a roll bar too?

It does give you added protection to the windshield frame. Some customers are using it for extra crash protection.

Thanks,

Scott

stralph
03-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Looking at the pic, I think there are taps on the hinge piece to mount lights there too.

Yes, there are tabs to run lights on the bottom of the bar.

Thanks,

Scott

stralph
03-13-2009, 10:51 PM
no real way to space it, its all one solid piece from the airbox to the top.
If you spaced it out then it wouldnt reach the airbox
the passenger side bar on the lightbar would have to tuck in a little or something

I haven't had to install a light bar to work with an AEV snorkel so I can't tell you whether it would work or not. What I've seen of the AEV and how it attaches to the windshield frame I would say it would not work without modifications.

Thanks,

Scott

stralph
03-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Scott, is this like the other one where it is $100 extra with it already welded to hinges? $359.00 total plus shipping?

It is $259.00 plus shipping and the hinges are an extra $100. You can send us your hinges and it is no charge or send us your hinges after you receive the light bar and we will refund you the $100 or give you credit for future work / items.

Thanks,

Scott

karnuvore
03-13-2009, 10:56 PM
FWIW...

I already scouted the snorkel vs. skybar route and found (looking at Billy's aka 72jeeper's) rig that the river raider snorkel has some wiggle room and could be easily modified to fit around a skybar. I understand you already have the other snorkel - just throwing that out there for anyone interested in having their cake and eating it too.

;).

stralph
03-13-2009, 10:59 PM
X2 for the beef. I like it. Maybe include limb risers as an option?

We are a custom shop so if you need the light bar changed up in any way, we can do that. Let me know.

Thanks,

Scott

Ruskin
03-14-2009, 05:24 AM
Alright, you all asked for it so here it is. We modified our exisiting light bar so you can now fit it in the garage but it still maintains the protection we originally built it for. It comes predrilled for up to 7 lights, depending on your needs.

It's in production now and ships within 1 - 2 weeks depending on whether you want the hinges and lights with it.

Let me know what you think!

Scott :beer:
http://www.kmafabrication.com (http://www.kmafabrication.com)

Good looking bar. I like the new light location.

Jason
03-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Yes, there are tabs to run lights on the bottom of the bar.

Thanks,

Scott

Wow...good thinking. VERY nice light bar! :smokin:

OJTJK
03-14-2009, 08:54 PM
I really like the looks of this! :grinpimp: Does it stick up just slightly over the top of the front windshield enough that I could use the front as a mount for a kayak?

SDMF
03-14-2009, 09:41 PM
It is $259.00 plus shipping and the hinges are an extra $100. You can send us your hinges and it is no charge or send us your hinges after you receive the light bar and we will refund you the $100 or give you credit for future work / items.

Thanks,

Scott

Awesome, This is on the short list.

qpcs
03-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Would love to run it, but it looks like this one isn't going to work with the AEV snorkel either.

Hitmoney, I have one of these bars installed on my jeep. It is one of the units with the desert runner buggy type protection for the top side mounted lights.

I have been looking at getting the same snorkel and I think that it will clear. The light bar is pretty much flush with the edge of the windshield frame and is extended out over an inch away from the frame. The only clearance issue I think would be with the pre-filter option (which you don't have).

I am not a camera guru, but I'm sure my wife can figure out how to take some close ups if you like and send any specific photos you need to figure it out.

I will donate my old hinges to the project if you are interested. They are just collecting dust right now and will probably stay that way. I would love to see one of KMA's bars on your rig.

stralph
03-15-2009, 06:57 PM
I really like the looks of this! :grinpimp: Does it stick up just slightly over the top of the front windshield enough that I could use the front as a mount for a kayak?

Yes, it does stick up about an inch but we could extend it as much as you need.

Thanks,

Scott

a-squared
03-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes, it does stick up about an inch but we could extend it as much as you need.

Thanks,

Scott

Stralph....what about a low pro visor style to mount a long led light bar to instead....the visor could eliminate any glare, and the light bars are insane....altough real expensive....check out the vision x ones on poly's site...I'll post a link....http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/images/D/xil-800-400.jpg

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/XMITTER-Single-Stack-LED-Light-Bars-p-18084.html

I have drawn out some ideas for this visor design (just got laid-off, so lots of time to spare) with the intetion of having you guys make one for me when i start working again. i could scan them and send them if you want....

stralph
03-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Looked at many pics of snorkels AEV & Airflow .Looks like my light bar would clear all of them.If the first person would like to try one out that has a snorkel I will discount the price for some pics and info.THANX Scott

HITMONEY
03-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Looked at many pics of snorkels AEV & Airflow .Looks like my light bar would clear all of them.If the first person would like to try one out that has a snorkel I will discount the price for some pics and info.THANX Scott

I sent a PM...

Could you send me some close up pics of your light bar, passenger side view?
Especially where it comes down the windshield frame, side view and a from standing behind the rear view mirror looking forward.

qpcs
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
^^As said before, I can donate the hinge brackets to the project. Let me know if you need them.

stralph
03-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Yes I 'll get so close ups on the website so stay tuned.Hitmoney I have other bites on my offer and I'm holding them back till U make your decision thanks.

stralph
04-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Here is the final pics of the completed light bar. As you can see we added some extra tubing to protect the lights. Let me know what you think!!

Thanks!

stralph
04-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Stralph....what about a low pro visor style to mount a long led light bar to instead....the visor could eliminate any glare, and the light bars are insane....altough real expensive....check out the vision x ones on poly's site...I'll post a link....http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/images/D/xil-800-400.jpg

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/XMITTER-Single-Stack-LED-Light-Bars-p-18084.html

I have drawn out some ideas for this visor design (just got laid-off, so lots of time to spare) with the intetion of having you guys make one for me when i start working again. i could scan them and send them if you want....

We would love the opportunity to mount that light to our light bar, I think it would work fine and be the best option. But I agree, real expensive for the light.

We are running a special to the end of May, $50 off all light bars and $50 shipping to anywhere in the US. Saves you about $120.

Let me know!

08jk4door
04-24-2009, 12:39 AM
on the JK Light Bar (Design 3) what is the total cost for the hinges if i do not want to send you mine and shipping to 92626

stralph
04-24-2009, 10:00 PM
on the JK Light Bar (Design 3) what is the total cost for the hinges if i do not want to send you mine and shipping to 92626

We are running a special to the end of May, $50 off any light bar and $50 shipping to anywhere in the US. Total cost of design 3 is $377, that's with the bar, hinges, tax and shipping (bars are raw finished and additional cost if you want us to provide the lights). Let me know. Thanks

axel
09-14-2009, 03:08 PM
is model 3 availeble ? lets say now ? :)

can i get 6 ligtmounts ?

Hot Duck
10-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Bump.

stralph
10-18-2009, 04:19 PM
is model 3 availeble ? lets say now ? :)

can i get 6 ligtmounts ?

sorry about late responce but yes 6 or 7 lights will work.

seer
10-18-2009, 06:48 PM
What's the hinge?

serbNYC
10-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I have a soft top, can I have the light bar design 3 put in and still be able to take the top off? Wondering if it intefers with it? And by the way it looks GREAT!

stralph
10-24-2009, 07:44 PM
I have a soft top, can I have the light bar design 3 put in and still be able to take the top off? Wondering if it intefers with it? And by the way it looks GREAT!

My light bars do not interfere with any tops.Thanks

stralph
10-24-2009, 07:46 PM
What's the hinge?

they are the brackets that bolt to window frame.

MadMyk
10-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Sorry guys, no me gusta. If yall like it, cool, just don't really like it. MBRP is just more my style. Good workin on your other parts tho...

stralph
10-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Sorry guys, no me gusta. If yall like it, cool, just don't really like it. MBRP is just more my style. Good workin on your other parts tho...

Thanks for the honest opinion. But I am a custom shop so let me know your ideas if you have a different look you are looking for. THANKS:beer::smokin::beer:

Hot Duck
12-08-2009, 06:46 PM
We would love the opportunity to mount that light to our light bar, I think it would work fine and be the best option......

I like your JK design 3 and have a 50" LED bar from Rigid. Let's put something together. I'll send you a PM.

gilly_as
12-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Man, I love the look of this light bar. It has a nice clean look to it, not to bulky or overdone. Definately on my list.

stralph
12-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Man, I love the look of this light bar. It has a nice clean look to it, not to bulky or overdone. Definately on my list.

Thanks! This is a real versatile light bar that we can customize to your needs. Let us know.

jggucwa
12-26-2009, 02:29 AM
Anyone got pictures of this light bar with standard round lights mounted in the underside position? I would like to see some pics before I make a decision. I gotta park in a garage with very limited ceiling clearance.

Happy Kwansa

THECHAD
01-01-2010, 05:24 PM
is this 120 wall?

JKDinker
01-03-2010, 10:33 AM
We would love the opportunity to mount that light to our light bar, I think it would work fine and be the best option. But I agree, real expensive for the light.

We are running a special to the end of May, $50 off all light bars and $50 shipping to anywhere in the US. Saves you about $120.

Let me know!

That light rocks! It will light up your whole neighborhood. Just drove my buddies jeep with it on..........All I can say is whole bat shit!

stralph
01-03-2010, 08:14 PM
is this 120 wall?

Yup, 1 3/4" HREW 1.20 wall

stralph
01-03-2010, 08:17 PM
That light rocks! It will light up your whole neighborhood. Just drove my buddies jeep with it on..........All I can say is whole bat shit!

We have done a light bar with that light on it. Check out the thread "Versatile Light Bar" for pics.

Hot Duck
01-04-2010, 04:19 PM
We have done a light bar with that light on it. Check out the thread "Versatile Light Bar" for pics.

Here is the thread for those that would like to see it. I have to say that I think this is the light bar for me!

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18709&highlight=versatile+light+bar

stralph
01-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks HotDuck for posting the link. Some day I will figure this internet stuff out :smokin:

Ben Hedrick
01-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Here is my "high profile" light bar that KMA built for me. I LOVE this thing and the quality that KMA builds is simply awesome!!! My next Jeep will have a KMA bar too...!!! Thanks Scott.

Ben

http://www.benhedrick.com/Topless6.jpg

Hot Duck
01-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks HotDuck for posting the link. Some day I will figure this internet stuff out :smokin:

No problem! You certainly make some nice looking stuff that appears to be extremely durable as well. I called this afternoon to get one on order, but got the answering machine. No worries though. I left my contact info and I'll have one of these in the works to hold a 50" single stack LED bar very soon.

stralph
02-01-2010, 12:53 AM
We can custom build these to meet your needs so please don't hesitate to send me your ideas.:beer:

Vertisce
02-01-2010, 01:09 AM
I like it...I would like to see two things added to it though and it would be perfect for me. Mounting for mirrors for those of us that wanna go doorless but are required by law to have the mirrors...and lastly I would love to see a pic of this bar with lights mounted under and over on the bar at the same time. That would look pretty sweet and put out more light. Really though I am looking for that all in one light bar. I see the tabs for lights where it mounts below the windshield which is great but maybe an option for adding the mirror relocation brackets would be nice.

Hot Duck
02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Here is the light bar that KMA just finished for me. I had a 50" LED light bar and a pair of 6" HID lights, so I sent them the lights and they designed the bar to work with the lights. I'll post more pics after it is painted and installed.

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/DSCI1831.JPG

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/DSCI1832.JPG

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/DSCI1833.JPG

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/DSCI1828.JPG

Ben Hedrick
02-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Hot Duck, that looks fan-freakin-tastic!!!! Very cool and I can't wait to see the light bar on your JK... :bounce:

Ben

stralph
02-01-2010, 11:02 PM
I like it...I would like to see two things added to it though and it would be perfect for me. Mounting for mirrors for those of us that wanna go doorless but are required by law to have the mirrors...and lastly I would love to see a pic of this bar with lights mounted under and over on the bar at the same time. That would look pretty sweet and put out more light. Really though I am looking for that all in one light bar. I see the tabs for lights where it mounts below the windshield which is great but maybe an option for adding the mirror relocation brackets would be nice.

We can add mirror brackets, we would ask that you find the mirror you wanted to use, we have built a couple with after market small mirrors that worked out very nice. We can put tabs on for lights in whatever manner you please. Let us know how we can help. Custom is what we do. If you can dream it, we can build it.

jeepik
02-02-2010, 07:59 AM
damn i really like that light bar for Hot Duck, i wander if the wind noise is going to be noticable now on the highway

stralph
02-03-2010, 08:30 AM
HotDuck will have to let us know, as we have not had the pleasure of running this light on our vehicle. We look forward to it in the future. :beer:

jeepik
02-03-2010, 10:17 AM
whats the price for a light bar like that

with tabs welded for that exact xmitter led bar

stralph
02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
The light bar for a 50" LED is $299. We would need you to send us the light being they all mount differently. At this prices we also need you to send us your stock windshield brackets. If you would like us to provide new windshield brackets there would be an additional $100 charge bringing the total to $399 + shipping. Feel free to send me your zip and I will get you a shipping quote.
Thanks,
Scott

jeepik
02-03-2010, 12:30 PM
awesome pricing

ill wait to see how it looks like on Hot Ducks JK, hoping he will post pics, and then will pull the trigger

Vertisce
02-03-2010, 01:49 PM
We can add mirror brackets, we would ask that you find the mirror you wanted to use, we have built a couple with after market small mirrors that worked out very nice. We can put tabs on for lights in whatever manner you please. Let us know how we can help. Custom is what we do. If you can dream it, we can build it.

Thats what I like to hear. I will keep this thread marked and let you know when I am ready. It is something I plan to do first long before a lift. I want the mounting holes for the stock mirrors. I like em and wanna keep them on.

Hot Duck...how much of your visibility does that cut off? I already have a problem seeing stop lights through my windshield... :P

Hot Duck
02-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I'll post some pictures when we get it mounted, both before and after paint. I can't wait to see this thing in person. It should be here any day now!

sierraexplorers
02-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Hot Duck, I am looking forward to seeing your pics.:beer:

Hot Duck
02-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Sorry for the delay, but the bar just got here Thursday and the lights came back on Friday. This is due to the weather and the UPS delivery schedule. The delay in shipping had nothing to do with KMA as they shipped it out when promised. Anyhow, I did the test fit for my new light bar tonight and it fits perfectly. This thing is extremely solid and will protect the light and the windshield really well. Here are a few quick pictures of the bar installed. The lights are in the brackets, but are not tightened up in these pictures. The bar will go to the paint shop this week and then we'll do the final install. Thanks for a great product KMA!!

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/medium/DSCN0720.JPG

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/medium/DSCN0719.JPG

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/medium/DSCN0709.JPG

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/medium/DSCN07051.JPG

Riptide
02-14-2010, 10:01 PM
http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/medium/DSCN0709.JPG

When you get a chance, could you take a couple more pics of the WS lights? And perhaps one from the inside looking out? I'm still hesitant on putting anything bigger than 4" on the WS... Otherwise looks great!

Hot Duck
03-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Here is the front looking out. Without the LED bar mounted you cannot see the KMA light bar at all while driving. With the LED mounted it is actually like having a sun visor, hanging down almost to where the rear view mirror mounts at the top of the windshield. It's not too bad, but between the sport cage and the light, the windshield is starting to get a little skinny!

As for the round HIDs, these are also quite visible through the windshield, but they do not create a problem. Keep in mind that these lights are mounted quite a bit further inward and are also a little higher than they would be on a regular windshield mount.

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/medium/DSCN07161.JPG

axel
03-31-2010, 12:09 AM
here is mine , put it on last weekend .

in the corners we will fit 2 hella light a 45 and on the lower brackets hella's that point 90 to the side .

more pic's of the competition JK on my website www.offroadterror.be or http://66.39.25.139/app_pics/jeep/Competition%20Jeep%20JK%20the%20build%202010/

http://66.39.25.139/app_pics/jeep/Competition%20Jeep%20JK%20the%20build%202010/sized_DSC02014.JPG

ShawnJ
04-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I'll post some pictures when we get it mounted, both before and after paint. I can't wait to see this thing in person. It should be here any day now!

Have you had it painted yet?? I can't wait to see it color-matched. That is the plan right? I am seriously considering ordering one of these in the future and think that color-matched Deep Water Blue is going to look bitchin w/ five lightforce across the top. :smokin:

H3ATH3N
04-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Very nice work. Would you consider making a light bar that would replace the light bar on my GOBI ranger rack with quick discos? I love the GOBI rack, but the light bar is very simple looking and doesn't provide a good mounting location for lights. I want to run an led light bar or some 6" PIAAs. Let me know what you think.

CashMoney
04-03-2010, 05:30 PM
At Hot Duck- how far above the roofline does the tubing for the bar sit? I'm about to order a 50" LED bar like yours and really like the KMA mount, that thing is super clean

Riptide
04-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I mounted my 6" HIDs yesterday using the HIDx mounts. Low and to the side... The drivers side is barely noticable (hides behind the dirt the window wiper miss's). I took some pics but an feeling too lazy to post those right now.

Hot Duck
04-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Have you had it painted yet?? I can't wait to see it color-matched. That is the plan right? I am seriously considering ordering one of these in the future and think that color-matched Deep Water Blue is going to look bitchin w/ five lightforce across the top. :smokin:

I am going to color match it, but I was trying to finish my flat fenders so I could have the paint shop shoot it all at the same time. To make a long story short I gave up hope for these fenders last week so KMA is building a new set for me right now.

KMA is also building a new hoop to replace the current one on my front bumper so that I can mount the 18" LED between the bottom of the hoop and the top of the winch. The new hoop will be about 3 1/2" taller than the current hoop.

Since I was on such a roll this week I also sent my tube doors to KMA to have them skinned. These projects should keep them busy for a few days :D. Looking at the light bar they built, I have no doubt that they will do a good job with these new projects as well.

At Hot Duck- how far above the roofline does the tubing for the bar sit? I'm about to order a 50" LED bar like yours and really like the KMA mount, that thing is super clean

I asked them to built this light bar even with the top of the windshield, but they can build it taller or shorter to fit your needs. The light bars on their web page are the basic designs, but they will do custom work and can alter them as needed.

stralph
04-04-2010, 09:40 AM
[/QUOTE]I have drawn out some ideas for this visor design (just got laid-off, so lots of time to spare) with the intetion of having you guys make one for me when i start working again. i could scan them and send them if you want....[/QUOTE]

We would love to see your design, custom work is our fav.
We carry Vision X and can offer some great pricing.
Hit us up.:beer::beer::beer:

[/QUOTE]Since I was on such a roll this week I also sent my tube doors to KMA to have them skinned. These projects should keep them busy for a few days :D. Looking at the light bar they built, I have no doubt that they will do a good job with these new projects as well.
I asked them to built this light bar even with the top of the windshield, but they can build it taller or shorter to fit your needs. The light bars on their web page are the basic designs, but they will do custom work and can alter them as needed.[/QUOTE]

We look forward to wrapping up your projects and will get them to you just as soon as we can.

H3ATH3N
04-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Very nice work. Would you consider making a light bar that would replace the light bar on my GOBI ranger rack with quick discos? I love the GOBI rack, but the light bar is very simple looking and doesn't provide a good mounting location for lights. I want to run an led light bar or some 6" PIAAs. Let me know what you think.

Scott... any chance you would be up for this?

stralph
04-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Scott... any chance you would be up for this?

send pics and I'll let you know what I think. kmafab@gmail.com

H3ATH3N
04-05-2010, 11:07 AM
send pics and I'll let you know what I think. kmafab@gmail.com

Sent. I look forward to your response. :beer:

stralph
04-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Sent. I look forward to your response. :beer:

PM'd - I am sure we can come up with something.

CashMoney
04-06-2010, 01:11 AM
I asked them to built this light bar even with the top of the windshield, but they can build it taller or shorter to fit your needs. The light bars on their web page are the basic designs, but they will do custom work and can alter them as needed.

Right on, thats perfect and exactly what I want too:bounce:

stralph
04-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Right on, thats perfect and exactly what I want too:bounce:

Feel free to give us a call or send an email to
kmafab@gmail.com

CashMoney
04-08-2010, 04:10 AM
Feel free to give us a call or send an email to
kmafab@gmail.com

Definitely, even my local fab shop was impressed with it. When they get my jeep off the lift and I can get some good measurements (I have a different snorkel) I'll give you guys a shout

stralph
04-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Definitely, even my local fab shop was impressed with it. When they get my jeep off the lift and I can get some good measurements (I have a different snorkel) I'll give you guys a shout

Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for the props.

boggle
04-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Here is the final pics of the completed light bar. As you can see we added some extra tubing to protect the lights. Let me know what you think!!

Thanks!

Do you know what lights these are? The lights on the green jeep.(pics didn't show up in the quote)

stralph
04-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Do you know what lights these are? The lights on the green jeep.(pics didn't show up in the quote)

I believe those are the Hella's but we can build them for what ever you would like to run.

http://www.myhellalights.com/halogen_lamps/FF50.html

sierraexplorers
04-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Found a few pics of the KMA light bars that my friends and I run.
Top notch products.
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/2286/img2027a.jpg (http://img357.imageshack.us/i/img2027a.jpg/)
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8573/img2000y.jpg (http://img691.imageshack.us/i/img2000y.jpg/)
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5514/img3137o.jpg (http://img683.imageshack.us/i/img3137o.jpg/)
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6788/img3352y.jpg (http://img704.imageshack.us/i/img3352y.jpg/)
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5934/img3675hf.jpg (http://img708.imageshack.us/i/img3675hf.jpg/)

stralph
05-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks for posting more pics.

We love custom builds so let us know your ideas.:beer:

.:eMETAL:.
05-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks for posting more pics.

We love custom builds so let us know your ideas.:beer:

anyway to make one that mounts at the top of the window frame instead of at the lower window?

like this?
http://www.fte.co.uk/forum/light_bar.jpg
if so let's talk :smokin:

stralph
05-15-2010, 09:14 AM
anyway to make one that mounts at the top of the window frame instead of at the lower window?

like this?

PM'd

We are trying to come up with another mounting option as we are not comfortable just screwing into the sheet metal. We will see what we can come up with.

05-15-2010, 09:22 AM
PM'd

We are trying to come up with another mounting option as we are not comfortable just screwing into the sheet metal. We will see what we can come up with.

very cool :smokin:

stralph
05-23-2010, 07:45 PM
We just wanted to say thanks for all the orders.
Scott and Tiff

O2BDrty
05-23-2010, 08:45 PM
subscribed!!!!!!!!!!

Vertisce
05-24-2010, 12:48 AM
I find it funny that the title of the thread is "Low Profile" light bar...and most of the pictures in this thread are anything but low profile.

HITMONEY
05-24-2010, 02:21 AM

like this?

Only been waiting 2 years for this...

Liquor
05-24-2010, 04:11 AM
low hanging trees here in kansas and missouri. so no 7" lights up top. im not into baja...yet

went with delta xenon lights all around (spots are halogen) anyway here is the top windshield light bar...easy to install, aluminum, keeps everything tidy...

http://swtor-mafia.com/site/gijoe/jeep/resized/CIMG0356.jpg

http://swtor-mafia.com/site/gijoe/jeep/resized/IMG_0887.JPG

SmurfetteJK
05-24-2010, 08:16 AM

Very nice!

05-24-2010, 09:02 AM

why wait? Ricardo and his boys should be able to whip up something like this for you.

i'm thinking about building my own now a days since i'm getting sick of waiting.

dmhines
05-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Any current deals going on for the Low Profile Bar? I notice on your website you have a $50 hinge credit not the $100 like mentioned in this thread ...

Dan

stralph
05-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Any current deals going on for the Low Profile Bar? I notice on your website you have a $50 hinge credit not the $100 like mentioned in this thread ...

Dan

As of right now we are not offering any specials but feel free to email us and we will do our best to help you out.
Thanks,

boggle
05-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Pics of my light bar mounted looks great and fits perfect.
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac206/boggle1/100_2874.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac206/boggle1/100_2873.jpg

stralph
06-02-2010, 09:17 PM

Glad it worked out well. Thanks for the order.

axel
06-03-2010, 12:10 AM
http://66.39.25.139/app_pics/jeep/Competition%20Jeep%20JK%20the%20build%202010/sized_DSC02092.JPG

stralph
06-03-2010, 09:58 AM
why wait? Ricardo and his boys should be able to whip up something like this for you.

i'm thinking about building my own now a days since i'm getting sick of waiting.

You guys really want a light bar mounted only on the sheet metal? I'm working on a coin die to press heavy steel into the shape of the windshield but its not cheap. Thanks it will come.

beagsjeep
06-03-2010, 05:47 PM

What did this run ya..that what i am looking for ..:)

stralph
06-03-2010, 11:04 PM
What did this run ya..that what i am looking for ..:)

This is our JK Light Bar - (Design 3) it runs $359 + shipping. Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,

Tail Rated
06-12-2010, 11:40 PM
http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/medium/DSCN07051.JPG[/QUOTE]

Scott, have you guys built one of these yet to sit just a tad higher? This low profile looks great!!! Is it possible to keep this bar sitting only a couple inches higher that the windhshield glass and not see the bar too much from the inside?

My other question is related to glare off the winshield. how much do you get?

stralph
06-15-2010, 11:20 PM
We are a custom shop so we can build it however you would like. We have built them higher. We have had standard lights on our light bar and the glare wasn't bad at all but feel free to pm someone with the led light bar and see what they think.

We also carry some LED lightbars so feel free to pm us for pricing.

Thanks,

Ben Hedrick
06-16-2010, 03:55 AM
If I may chime in on the glare question; I've got (5) 8" HID's on my KMA Fab'd bar and the glare is not bad at all. I've built two of these light bars the same way and one was on a silver JK and the other on a black JK and both had minimal glare off the hood.

Ben

http://benhedrick.com/5fronttop5.jpg

http://benhedrick.com/SS2a.jpg

http://benhedrick.com/L-all2.jpg

http://benhedrick.com/Topless6.jpg

stralph
06-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks Ben

If I may chime in on the glare question; I've got (5) 8" HID's on my KMA Fab'd bar and the glare is not bad at all. I've built two of these light bars the same way and one was on a silver JK and the other on a black JK and both had minimal glare off the hood.

Ben

Ben Hedrick
06-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks Ben

Scott,
Glad to help and what's our next project...??? I'm itching....

Ben

Ben Hedrick
06-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Did HotDuck ever post pics of his final configuration?

Hot Duck
03-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Did HotDuck ever post pics of his final configuration?

Nope. I guess that I never posted anything on this thread. Here are a few pics and a video of the finished product.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/HotDuck42/Ocean%20City%20Jeep%20Week%202010/DSCF2594.jpg

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/HotDuck42/Ocean%20City%20Jeep%20Week%202010/DSCN1201.jpg

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/HotDuck42/Ocean%20City%20Jeep%20Week%202010/DSCN1151.jpg

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/HotDuck42/Jeep%20JK%20Lighting/th_DSCN1776.jpg (http://s991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/HotDuck42/Jeep%20JK%20Lighting/?action=view&current=DSCN1776.mp4)

Ben Hedrick
03-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Hot Duck, looks really good!

Ben

O2BDrty
03-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Light doesn't look very bright. Got any more pictures of that? What kind of light is that anyway?

kenszel
03-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Light doesn't look very bright. Got any more pictures of that? What kind of light is that anyway?

I'm guessing you didn't actually watch the video....

O2BDrty
03-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Um???? No. Sorry Got a link?

EDIT: Just watched it. Thats amazing!!!!!!!! Now I feel stupid:pissed:

TheBeatenPath
03-29-2011, 07:07 PM
holy cow that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke M
04-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Hot Duck that is impressive! Made a world of difference. Very nice! :beer: