CoolTech CB Mount and Cobra 75WXST [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: CoolTech CB Mount and Cobra 75WXST

Living Still
06-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Anyone have any advice as to where to mount the remote connector box for the CB? Did you wire the box straight to the battery or through the fuse block etc.? Just looking for a few answers before I install everything on Wednesday or Thursday. Any info would be great!

-Casey

MichaelW
06-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Casey,

I wired a fused lead off of the battery and brought that into the cab. That's my power source for all my add on electronics. I came into the cab behind the heater, behind the glove box and used the factory grommet to push the wire through. I mounted the silver box of the 75 up front of the center floor console. There is a nice space up there and I just tucked it in and it doesn't go anywhere.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Swing by when you are done and I'll tune the antenna and radio for you.

Living Still
06-21-2007, 02:49 AM
I am sort of a newb when it comes to wiring so bare with me here... You brought a line off the positive terminal of the battery into the cab with an in line fuse? Are you using a terminal strip or something like that to split it every which way and what gauge wire did you use for it? Sorry if I missed the boat on this one :confused: hahaha. By the way I remember you saying something in another thread on JK-Forum about sanding the body behind the washer on the CoolTech CB mount. Did you just sand right where it contacts to make a better ground or?? I was thinking about maybe running a ground wire off of it and running it to the frame to do the same thing. Think that'd do the trick? I should have it all wired up sometime Friday depending on when the box gets here. Maybe I can drop by sometime to see that beast of yours and maybe get a little help with tuning the antenna/radio? Shoot me a PM with your #!

Thanks Again

-Casey

MichaelW
06-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Come by this weekend and we can wire it up for you. Mount your antenna and run the coax. Bring a fused lead for 30 amps and we can wire it so the next thing you add will be all the easier. You have a PM.

Living Still
06-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Sounds like a plan to me :cool:. I definitely figured out what a fused lead is after a little google searching hahaha. Looks like a no brainer just didn't really no what it was. I think I'll be able to manage hooking most if not all of the CB up now. Keep me posted as to where and when you are going to meet up Saturday. I'd love to come and watch you guys go at it.

-Casey