General Poll Genright Large Capacity Gas Tank [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: General Poll Genright Large Capacity Gas Tank

newimage
11-20-2007, 03:15 AM
How many JK owners would be interested in a larger Capacity Tank built by Genright. www.genright.com Yes I am a Genright Product Pimp:grinpimp: I know MichaelW has been on me to beat up on Tony for this product but if can show him a list with names of people willing to purchase a tank maybe I can sway him for build after the first of the year.:beer:
Just post up with your comments.

Regards,
Rick
Genright

crypnite
11-20-2007, 04:11 AM
I would like to see a nice one out there, especially if it's from a reputable company that I can trust.

RedRockJK
11-20-2007, 04:41 AM
I don't care if it's a smaller capacity tank, I just want one that tucks up above the frame rails on my Unlimited. I am very interested, as long as it isn't ridiculously priced. Thanks for asking !

mrsig
11-20-2007, 06:02 AM
I would like to see one made and fit where the stock muffler was..

wanderingtrail
11-20-2007, 06:18 AM
I would be interested, but it's far down my list of mods at the moment. Pretty much

Remodel guest bath
Remodel master bath
landscape yard
pay for kids college prepay
jeep parts...:bawling:

Ron

MichaelW
11-20-2007, 07:37 AM
A larger capacity safari tank would be high on my list!

GenRight makes some top notch shiat!

Larger capacity safari tank tucked up between the frame rails like the TJ tank with bullet proof skid plate and I'm there!

Just don't forget to relocate the evap canister while your down there.

Oh and if you need to remove the JK "trunk" to fit more gas I'm all over that.

Then when you are done, I want a air reserve tank to put in the old gas tank location.

:bounce:

Jacks Or Better
11-20-2007, 07:44 AM
A larger capacity safari tank would be high on my list!

GenRight makes some top notch shiat!

Larger capacity safari tank tucked up between the frame rails like the TJ tank with bullet proof skid plate and I'm there!

Then when you are done, I want a air reserve tank to put in the old gas tank location.

:bounce:

X2!!!!

gcg
11-20-2007, 10:25 AM
I'd be very interested in a tank that was flush with the frame rails. There are several inches of clearance wasted with the current arrangement and I'd love to recover them and top it off with a robust skid plate.

If it's possible to increase the capacity, all the much better. I'd even be interested in a split tank arrangement with part of it on each side.

xxxxBert338
11-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Ditto, on all of the above.:jeep2:

drbeddow
11-20-2007, 11:01 PM
More clearance, tucked up between the frame rails. I would even give up a little capacity for that!!!! Please make one for us.:bounce:

toadontheroad
11-21-2007, 09:35 AM
X2!!!!

X3 !!!

007JOE
11-21-2007, 12:02 PM
I would love one that is at frame rail level with the same if not more capacity. Or even a split system having one smaller one on the other side.

PhilD
11-24-2007, 08:04 AM
I don't care if it's a smaller capacity tank, I just want one that tucks up above the frame rails on my Unlimited. I am very interested, as long as it isn't ridiculously priced. Thanks for asking !X2 My thoughts exactly.

Some form of armor option would also be a good idea.

PhilD
11-24-2007, 08:07 AM
There are several inches of clearance wasted with the current arrangementYes and no. yes it needs to be tucked up more to give back that wasted clearance. But then you have to deal with the skids for the t-case and tranny skids, which are just as low as the gas tank.

Getting the gas tank out of the way is definitely required, especially considering the flimsy skid plate that's on it, but maximize on the clearance the other skids need to be dealt with too.

AndyR
11-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Sign me up. I had an enduro tank on my TJ. Just get it up to the frame rails and I'll be happy.

Andy

Poor Boy
11-27-2007, 06:21 AM

yes.

Renegade
11-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I would get one in a hart beat if it was relocated behind the rear axle. I dont mind if I lose fuel capacity either. They would have to be able to use the stock fuel pump though... thats probably going to be a big deciding factor. Considering how low the stock tank sits, you have to think thats for a reasion. That fuel pump must reach the bottom of the tank. Maybe they could use a TJ or YJ fuel pump assembly? Either way I think I would rather drag the ass-end of my Jeep than the belly.

Come on Gen-Right, build a "bolt in" package with fuel lines and everything needed.

EDIT: I would not mind cutting the floor on the JK to remove that "trunk" and covering the hole witha nice sealed up lid for easy access to the fuel pump......

newimage
12-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Keep the Comments coming:bounce: I got Tony really thinking JK we have some projects that we are finishing up. But I really think after the New Year we might need a JK Here to test fit a few items. Hey Mikey Ready to give up your JK for a few Weeks!:grinpimp:

Ipe
12-05-2007, 09:32 AM
I'd be interested in having one of these. I'd like it to be flush with the frame rails and with appropriate armor. I don't mind giving up some capacity, but would be equally happy to gain a bit too. The key things would be flush with the rails, armor, and all the necessary pieces parts needed for install. :smokin:

mike_engle
12-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't mind an aux tank where the stock muffler is. Say 10 - 12 or more gallons???:bounce:

wraithyjeep
12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
tuck the gas tank up and put another on driver side relocate the evap above axle.

newimage
12-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Keep it coming! I will need a guinea pig to test fit after the first of the year and yes it will use the stock pump and sending unit. For location..we need to test fit and measure for clearance. Also I have had interest in a muffler skid for the rear? what up with that? I guess I need to get under a JK and get dirty:grinpimp:

MichaelW
12-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Or see it from above.....

http://www.mjw.com/jeep/uncover/uncover-007.jpg

http://www.mjw.com/jeep/uncover/uncover-012.jpg

http://www.mjw.com/jeep/uncover/uncover-013.jpg

http://www.mjw.com/jeep/uncover/uncover-014.jpg

Happy Holiday's Rick.

Tell Tony, I said build it and they will come. :laughing::laughing:

cab76
12-17-2007, 11:55 AM
I'd be interested in having one of these. I'd like it to be flush with the frame rails and with appropriate armor. I don't mind giving up some capacity, but would be equally happy to gain a bit too. The key things would be flush with the rails, armor, and all the necessary pieces parts needed for install. :smokin:

Yep - what he said!

newimage
02-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Bump for the cause! Still looking for more comments

seer
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
X2 on the auxiliary with major armor. I like the bolt in kit idea too -with a tank switcher set up.

TORN
02-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I would be interested in a larger gas tank.

Gear
02-07-2008, 10:33 PM
More fuel, Please. I would be interested!

blueox
02-16-2008, 02:36 PM
More fuel than 26 gallons. Do you all want your trucks to lean way over. I would buy a tank and skid that was flush with frame rails. There are so many offroad features that I could have cleaned with 2-3 inches of clearence. I dont care if I lose 5 or 6 gallons. Please build a flush package. Thanks

newimage
05-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Well just to reup an old thread about either a high clearance or a aux tank for a JK

I have been getting calls like crazy lately if I can get 10 people commited to a purchase with credit card numbers I can make it happen.:grinpimp:

Poll.... High Clearance or Aux Tank for Higher capacity?

scrogg
05-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Well just to reup an old thread about either a high clearance or a aux tank for a JK

I have been getting calls like crazy lately if I can get 10 people commited to a purchase with credit card numbers I can make it happen.:grinpimp:

Poll.... High Clearance or Aux Tank for Higher capacity?

In an optimum world, I'd like to get more capacity with better clearance. If not possible, then an aux would be acceptable as long as your not giving up any clearance to locate it.

And how much would you need for a committed purchase?

stewp97
05-21-2008, 08:44 PM
As long as the price is not too bad, I would be interested in a smaller capacity tank if it was armored and tucked up in the frame rail. Thanks for asking!

peter

Duke
05-21-2008, 08:53 PM
As long as the price is not too bad, I would be interested in a smaller capacity tank if it was armored and tucked up in the frame rail. Thanks for asking!

x2 :D

CO Hummer
05-21-2008, 09:56 PM
The second I find one that mounts above the framerails I'm buying one. I don't care if it's bigger or smaller. I'd even buy one from Al Gore if that idiot sold one.

It's #1 on my list. I can't believe the number of people willing to spend the money and no one is making the product. :pissed:

Alec W
05-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I lay under my Jeep when Iím board and thereís a lot more than the gas tank that hangs lower than the frame rails. Catalytic converters and t-case for example. Maybe you need more lift? I have it on high authority that itís all about the extra 2 inches. Size matters vs. how you use it :thefinger::thefinger::grinpimp::D

WTF_LOL
05-21-2008, 10:11 PM
I have it on high authority that itís all about the extra 2 inches. Size matters vs. how you use it :thefinger::thefinger::grinpimp::D

But when you and I compared ours the other day we found them surprisingly close in size even though you have been telling people yours is quite a bit more then mine

AndyR
05-21-2008, 11:32 PM

peter

X3

Andy

YmansJK
05-22-2008, 10:22 AM
I think a custom air tank for the rear (where the muffler is) would sell better than a higher capacity gas tank but a high clearance gas tank would sell well too. I don't see how a you can make a gas tank with both more capacity and more clearance but your the engineers so start up the hampsters and get those wheels turning.