AEV Procal Running Lights Problem [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: AEV Procal Running Lights Problem

JKTyrant
03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Anyone have this problem? when programing running lights to use the turn signals the interior dash turn signal lights stay illuminated and dont "Click" when you turn on your turn signal. Also if I choose Fog Lights for my running lights the fog lights will turn off while the turn signals are active then come right back on after the turn signal turns off....I have a post at AEV forums to see if they might have a solution just wanted to see if anyone else encountered the same thing. I know my buddie that has an AEV ProCal to has none of the problems I described above.:bawling::bawling:

Big A
03-02-2009, 11:57 PM
I have one on order, And cant wait to fiddle with it!

txjeeplover
03-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I originally set my DRL to run with high beams but like you, I noticed they turned off when the turn signal was used and back on when not. Eventually I ended up going with the European setting which remains active as long as I'm in gear and the parking brake is off.

JKTyrant
03-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Ya I noticed that to. I just want my fog lights or turn signals to be my DRL , those both work fine on my buddies JK, just not well on mine.

RAH
03-08-2009, 08:02 AM
I have the same issue with the DTR lights usign low beams. The right headlight will go out when the right turn signal is activated, and the left with the left.

Roxster
03-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I have the same issue with the DTR lights usign low beams. The right headlight will go out when the right turn signal is activated, and the left with the left.

I think that's how they're supposed to work. In any event, mine does the same thing. The low beam DRL's will also turn off if you set the parking brake.

JKTyrant
03-08-2009, 06:42 PM
I think that's how they're supposed to work. In any event, mine does the same thing. The low beam DRL's will also turn off if you set the parking brake.

Ya those 2 things are normal.

JKTyrant
03-08-2009, 06:45 PM
I had mine set with the AEV Procal but then was tinkering with it to see if I could get the headlights as the DRL instead of the foglights. Then ALL the freakin warning lights came on. I used the restore code to restore it all and put it back to DRL with foglights. At first everything was fine, then the ESP and ETC (Electronic throttle control) warning lights came on followed by loss of power and sputtering. I pulled over, turned off the Jeep and then restarted....worked okay to finish getting to work but all of it came back on right after I got to work.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks,
Tom

Odd, well I'd use that restore code and run it like that for a day or so to see if there is any problems, then I'd try programing it again to see if it does something strange like that.

JKTyrant
03-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Alrighty, hopefully it was just a bug :D

JKTyrant
03-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah electronics problems are never easy to.

ITESTURJUNK
03-11-2009, 09:55 PM
So, other than the light issue, what are you guys' thoughts on the ProCal in terms of tranny tuning with the automatic?

JKTyrant
03-11-2009, 11:54 PM
You know, I think I feel a slight improvement. Since the computer now knows the right tire size and my speedo is correct I've felt that it responds nicer and doesn't shift as much as before, but it might be a figment of my imagination :laughing:

martij3
04-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I felt an improvement once I corrected the speedo as well.