Bike Week [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Bike Week

Jason
03-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I had a meeting near Daytona Beach yesterday and shot down by the water afterwards. I ended up seeing a lifted silver JK (4-door)...looked like it was on 37s...anyone from here?

All the bikers liked my Jeep...got lots of double-takes and some comments. On the way back up I-95, a guy in a H1 with the top down gave me a thumbs up...was kinda funny.

I'm thinking of heading down there again on Thursday for a bit (depends on how much I can get done with my Jeep between now and then). Shouldn't be too busy on that day...I'd hate to try driving around there on Friday or Saturday though.

Grant211
03-01-2009, 01:04 PM
i'll be there probably Saturday night. I usually end up at main street at boot hill saloon and some other bar that is tucked away which usually hosts wet tshirt contests.

FLLawdog
03-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Did you make it around N US1 in Ormond? I was working the cross walk at Iron Horse and, like every year, was enjoying the Jeeps mixed in with the bikes.

The JK you saw almost sounds like Rooster's.

Moose512
03-01-2009, 03:23 PM
The JK you saw almost sounds like Rooster's.

I was thinking the same thing.

The guys I ride with are riding up on Thursday but I have a wedding on Saturday so I won't be going this year. Be the first time I miss Bike Week in over 10 years. Have a beer for me.:beer:

rooster
03-01-2009, 04:05 PM
I had a meeting near Daytona Beach yesterday and shot down by the water afterwards. I ended up seeing a lifted silver JK (4-door)...looked like it was on 37s...anyone from here?

All the bikers liked my Jeep...got lots of double-takes and some comments. On the way back up I-95, a guy in a H1 with the top down gave me a thumbs up...was kinda funny.

I'm thinking of heading down there again on Thursday for a bit (depends on how much I can get done with my Jeep between now and then). Shouldn't be too busy on that day...I'd hate to try driving around there on Friday or Saturday though.

Jason!! Wish I had of known you were there. Myself and Milgre were there with both our silver JK's.

Jason
03-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I passed Iron Horse, then went town to the road that runs along the water. I took that past Main Street (which was closed off to everyone not on a motorcycle) then got on the road that goes to Hooters.

The silver Jeep I saw was on the road that runs along the beach. It may have been you. I didn't know I was going to be down there...was a last minute thing after meeting up with the guys at Wilson's 4x4 (they'll be hosting a Show & Shine in June to benefit the GA WFTW event...Jeeps only and they're expecting 200 vehicles or so).

I'd never been to Bike Week before, but it was cool for the few hours I was there. Is it worth going on Saturday? Maybe I'll take off the doors and T-tops and head down. Where should I go to see some hotties?

FLLawdog
03-01-2009, 06:02 PM
If I knew you were gonna be there last light, I could have hooked you up with choice parking.

To me, Iron Horse is the s*** for Bike Weeks.

karnuvore
03-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Someone organizes something - I might head up there. Anyone got an idea?

Jason
03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
It looks as though I'll be back in Daytona again on Saturday. I'm not all that good at organizing anything, but if some of you want to meet up, I can let you know where I'll be when I find out.

I'm guessing it's going to be JAM PACKED on that particular day, so it may not even be possible to meet up. But it might be worth a try.

It'll be me, Brad (Overbuilt Customs), probably Tim (Venture Jeeps), and maybe Nick (H8T2W8T) if I can talk him into it.

Maybe those of us that go should remove our doors...might make it easier for people to spot one another.

Grant211
03-02-2009, 03:42 PM
i'm not sure if i'm going now....

long story made short...
my Bud from Tenn will be visiting me for a little bit as his uncle died last night in a motorcycle accident.

rooster
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
was a last minute thing after meeting up with the guys at Wilson's 4x4 (they'll be hosting a Show & Shine in June to benefit the GA WFTW event...Jeeps only and they're expecting 200 vehicles or so).

For the WFTW I truly hope so.... Incase you didnt know they are honorary members to our club and our club shop of choice. I was kind of surprised to find out this information here and not from them

I'd never been to Bike Week before, but it was cool for the few hours I was there. Is it worth going on Saturday? Maybe I'll take off the doors and T-tops and head down. Where should I go to see some hotties?

Yes, Saturday will be crazy!!! Especially after the sun goes down. Main street beach side is where you need to be!!

Jason
03-03-2009, 06:32 AM
The show & shine Wilson's 4x4 would be holding is being put together by Matanzas Jeep Club (they're hosting the GA WFTW event). The date, location, etc, was just set up on Saturday, so that may be why you hadn't heard about it until now.