Monday Run - good ol Cleghorn [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: Monday Run - good ol Cleghorn

MrBash
02-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Been off the offroading map for a few weeks now due to the Jeep being down and me working on a project.

Anyway, the new project is complete > www.sebastiansflooring.com (http://www.sebastiansflooring.com) < my new business.

The Jeep has been repaired. The drive shaft u-joints were worn causing unbearable vibration in the driveline.

Plus my buddy just bought a lifted 1997 Chevy Tahoe and he's got the offroading itch.

Sorry for the long story.

We're running either Cleghorn or 2N17X or both on Monday March 2, 2009. Meeting time is at 10:30am at the Cleghorn exit off the 15.

As usual ALL ARE WELCOME!

Let's get together!!!

I miss you guys/gals!!!! :bawling: That includes you too Mr. PUDDLZ!

:beer:'s on me

mountain-man
02-25-2009, 05:44 PM
going to be a mud fest!!! I will try to make it

Chris Hansen
02-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Careful....I hear the rangers are cracking down on folks who wander off the beaten path.

Riverkid
02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Careful....I hear the rangers are cracking down on folks who wander off the beaten path.

I'm sorry to hear a tough guy is actually a sissy?:thefinger::beer:

You going B?

PUDDLZ
02-25-2009, 10:19 PM
I might be up to this one, but might look funny with Chris Hansen's 32's on, think positive.:laughing:

MrBash
02-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I might be up to this one, but might look funny with Chris Hansen's 32's on, think positive.:laughing:

Where are the 38's Greg?

PUDDLZ
02-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Where are the 38's Greg?
Going up for sale, look in the for sale section, 1650 for rims and tires,(5)

jkpirate
02-27-2009, 06:58 AM
I smell beadlocks, what kind are you going to get Greg?

Chris Hansen
02-27-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm sorry to hear a tough guy is actually a sissy?:thefinger::beer:

You going B?

Doubtful...I could possibly be headed back to work. Also, Monday and Tuesday are my heavy training days. I don't think I have enough time to head up for a day of wheelin.

PUDDLZ
02-27-2009, 06:18 PM
I smell beadlocks, what kind are you going to get Greg?
Walker Evans Ron

Riverkid
02-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Sorry Bash, can't make this one brother...

Chris Hansen
02-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Just be careful you guys....I have a feeling there are folks with phone numbers ready to narc out some of us who take the side trails. Maybe monitor the rangers' channel.

I gots a job interview, so I won't be able to make it.

mountain-man
02-28-2009, 09:32 AM
can't make it , got to work :(

Ogie
02-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Just be careful you guys....I have a feeling there are folks with phone numbers ready to narc out some of us who take the side trails. Maybe monitor the rangers' channel.

Yeah, after reading a particular post somewhere else (cough, cough), I have that feeling, too.

Good luck with your interview, BC. Is it with another auto manufacturer?

MrBash
03-02-2009, 01:48 AM
I'm not too sure on who's coming tomorrow but so far we have three tj's, one xj and one chevy tahoe for tomorrow. Weather forecast reports showers so we'll see how slick it's ging to get.

Who ever is planning on attending, meet up at the cleghorn exit off the 15 at 10:30am.

-Bash

Gunny
03-02-2009, 06:59 AM

I hate this communist tree huging state

Chris Hansen
03-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Yeah, after reading a particular post somewhere else (cough, cough), I have that feeling, too.

Good luck with your interview, BC. Is it with another auto manufacturer?

No, actually. They called after 6 days and said they had shuffled a few spots and had one they thought I'd be interested in.

PUDDLZ
03-02-2009, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=Chris Hansen;89845]Just be careful you guys....I have a feeling there are folks with phone numbers ready to narc out some of us who take the side trails. Maybe monitor the rangers' channel.

BTW we always stay on marked trails, who ever mentioned Pucker Hill is not @ fault either, :shaking:

rockrash
03-02-2009, 05:50 PM
I hate this communist tree huging state

X a million on that one.

AND WHERE ARE THE PICS:thefinger::beer:

MrBash
03-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Just got back. A coupl eof close calls with that Tahoe. Reall tippy tippy....had to strap it down three times or it was going over. It's lifted too high and doesn't have enough flex. I don't have any pics but the other guys do. I'll have to wait till they post em up.

Gunny
03-02-2009, 07:51 PM
was it all closed down?

MrBash
03-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Cleghorn is NOT closed down. The side trails are ALL LEGAL. The all have route numbers on legal maps. MJR's been on this battle and the outcome was that CLEGHORN SIDE TRAILS ARE LEGAL.

Riverkid
03-03-2009, 08:59 AM
The only trail closed is Pucker and that is fenced off as well...

PUDDLZ
03-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Cleghorn is NOT closed down. The side trails are ALL LEGAL. The all have route numbers on legal maps. MJR's been on this battle and the outcome was that CLEGHORN SIDE TRAILS ARE LEGAL.
SORRY EDDIE
go find another bush to pee on.:shaking:

MrBash
03-03-2009, 12:01 PM
The only trail closed is Pucker and that is fenced off as well...

your not supposed to say the p-word...he he he

SDMF
03-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah, unless it has changed since I talked to a ranger up there (this was about 6 months ago) he said the only parts that are off limits are fenced off. Pucker hill was closed because several people rolled on it. We were even up there the week before they closed it and it was getting pretty rough so I can understand the closure even tho the bypass around it is pretty hairy too.

MrBash
03-03-2009, 12:43 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/MrBashian/100_4516.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/MrBashian/100_4526.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/MrBashian/100_4550.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/MrBashian/100_4565.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/MrBashian/100_4573.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/MrBashian/IMG_4966.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/MrBashian/IMG_5010.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/MrBashian/IMG_5028.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/MrBashian/IMG_5023.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/MrBashian/IMG_5029.jpg

Chris Hansen
03-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks, Bash. Good to know MJR is on top of this....RELIABLE information!!!!

rockrash
03-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Wow that chevy got tippy awesome pics:beer:

Gunny
03-04-2009, 03:20 PM

Thats good to know , some other sites have reported that all the spurs where closed and tickets were being written.

PUDDLZ
03-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Thats good to know , some other sites have reported that all the spurs where closed and tickets were being written.
Hey Gunny, welcome back brother, lets go wheeling :beer:

Gunny
03-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Thats all I do , no politics no name calling no my rig is better then yours just wheeling.

dayton1999
03-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Thats all I do , no politics no name calling no my rig is better then yours just wheeling.

Your rig is prettier than mine. :thefinger:

dayton1999
03-05-2009, 11:38 AM
SORRY EDDIE
go find another bush to pee on.:shaking:

WHO? :thefinger:

doubleoh7
03-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks, Bash. Good to know MJR is on top of this....RELIABLE information!!!!

MJR??? Please advise as I am not familiar with this term and I'm considering taking a newb up Cleg, this Saturday

devildog77663
03-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Enjoyed the pics guys! You guys have fun in spite of restrictions, and noone got hurt!

100dollarman
03-13-2009, 09:57 AM
MJR??? Please advise as I am not familiar with this term and I'm considering taking a newb up Cleg, this Saturday

www.MyJeepRocks.com is another jeepn forum

doubleoh7
03-13-2009, 04:58 PM
thanks hundy

dayton1999
03-17-2009, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=Chris Hansen;89845]Just be careful you guys....I have a feeling there are folks with phone numbers ready to narc out some of us who take the side trails. Maybe monitor the rangers' channel.

BTW we always stay on marked trails, who ever mentioned Pucker Hill is not @ fault either, :shaking:

I think I found what post you're refering too and honestly Jake is spewing a bunch of **** about Cleghorn and the Rangers... what an ass.

SDMF
03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=PUDDLZ;90538]

I think I found what post you're refering too and honestly Jake is spewing a bunch of **** about Cleghorn and the Rangers... what an ass.

details?

Ogie
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=PUDDLZ;90538]

It was Eddie that initially started the story. Jake fed off of him and added fuel to the fire.

dayton1999
03-17-2009, 04:40 PM
details?

Details: Jake posted up about his "XJ" Buddies who were cited by Rangers for being "out of bounds." Funny statement considering that ALL side trails are marked, numbered, and clearly open - unless their NOT open and then they are CLEARLY marked CLOSED. And Rangers are not out there "gunning" to write tickets... Rangers are nice and helpful AND only if you're being a complete asshat will they cite you. :smokin:

It was Eddie that initially started the story. Jake fed off of him and added fuel to the fire.

Fuel... LOL - straight up lies. Enjoy the cool-aid Jake. :thefinger:

serveapurpose
03-17-2009, 10:41 PM
:thefinger: Dayton all wheelin and no drama right......

serveapurpose
03-17-2009, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=dayton1999;96726]

I didn't feed off of anything....It was the truth!

SDMF
03-17-2009, 11:17 PM
I didn't feed off of anything....It was the truth!

Stalking members of JKO and calling the rangers on them for going on marked trails is the truth?

serveapurpose
03-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Stalking members of JKO and calling the rangers on them for going on marked trails is the truth?

Jason the tickets were the truth sorry if I was unclear... I'm not here to stir any pots, just to clear my name. I like to wheel like everyone else and don't care who it is with. But is all the high school rival kinda crap really needed? It just takes away the fun from the one thing we all have in common, wheeling and a cold :beer: here and there. Another JKO person tipped me off that I was being judged over here so I came to stand up for myself , is that so wrong?

SDMF
03-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Jason the tickets were the truth sorry if I was unclear... I'm not here to stir any pots, just to clear my name. I like to wheel like everyone else and don't care who it is with. But is all the high school rival kinda crap really needed? It just takes away the fun from the one thing we all have in common, wheeling and a cold :beer: here and there. Someone tipped me off that I was being judged over here so I came to stand up for myself , is that so wrong?

Nothing wrong with that, we believe in free speech here at JKO! :beer:

Can you give us some details on where they were when they were given tickets? None of us want to find ourselves on the wrong side of rangers, which is exactly why I no longer go to Trabuco. After I was told by a ranger that where we were all going with the JKF crew was illegal I stopped. I only need to be told once. :)

Now that said, I do take issue with someone calling rangers because someone is on a different forum. Whoever is doing that is an asshat and needs to find something better to occupy their time with.

serveapurpose
03-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Nothing wrong with that, we believe in free speech here at JKO! :beer:

Can you give us some details on where they were when they were given tickets? None of us want to find ourselves on the wrong side of rangers, which is exactly why I no longer go to Trabuco. After I was told by a ranger that where we were all going with the JKF crew was illegal I stopped. I only need to be told once. :)

Now that said, I do take issue with someone calling rangers because someone is on a different forum. Whoever is doing that is an asshat and needs to find something better to occupy their time with.

As far as the place they were at I will find out once I talk to my brother in law who was with them and clarify for all too know. Unfortunatly he is a lagger about calling people back his and I am still wating for him to call me back about some Fab work he was gonna do for me.
I hear yah about the Trabuco stuff.. I was there with you guys when the guy with the loudspeaker started telling us he was calling the Sheriff.

I have not heard anything about someone from another forum calling the Rangers about people on Cleghorn. One of the girls I know that is in a Jeep club and adopt a trail group said that there are folks calling and reporting people not "Treading Lightly", but you know how stories go as they get passed down the line, all backasswards.

Alright I will leave you to the evening and go enjoy some green :beer: Cheers Bro

SDMF
03-17-2009, 11:56 PM
As far as the place they were at I will find out once I talk to my brother in law who was with them and clarify for all too know. Unfortunatly he is a lagger about calling people back his and I am still wating for him to call me back about some Fab work he was gonna do for me.
I hear yah about the Trabuco stuff.. I was there with you guys when the guy with the loudspeaker started telling us he was calling the Sheriff.

I have not heard anything about someone from another forum calling the Rangers about people on Cleghorn. One of the girls I know that is in a Jeep club and adopt a trail group said that there are folks calling and reporting people not "Treading Lightly", but you know how stories go as they get passed down the line, all backasswards.

Alright I will leave you to the evening and go enjoy some green :beer: Cheers Bro

Yeah, after that day I called the rangers and asked because that freaked me out.

Please do give us the details when you have them, very interested to know where they were and what they were doing to be ticketed. The ranger I spoke to basically said that if an area was closed it would be marked as such, but we all know some rangers opinions differ.

Have a good one bro, green beer to ya. :beer:

dayton1999
03-18-2009, 10:22 AM
:thefinger: Dayton all wheelin and no drama right......

Yup. I'm THE drama queen... :shaking: Sorry if you feel you were unfairly treated (truth hurts I guess), but hey nice to know you CAN respond and not be BANNED for it.

And where the hell is my GREEN beer and corned beef & hash, damn it.

doubleoh7
03-18-2009, 05:01 PM
... just to clear my name... Another JKO person tipped me off that I was being judged over here so I came to stand up for myself , is that so wrong?

clear your name and stick up for yourself on jko (maybe) clear your name and stick up for yourself on jkf :shaking: not a chance

would a mod please delete jake's comments or at least :stirthepot: in true jkf fashion :laughing:

serveapurpose
03-18-2009, 05:37 PM
clear your name and stick up for yourself on jko (maybe) clear your name and stick up for yourself on jkf :shaking: not a chance

would a mod please delete jake's comments or at least :stirthepot: in true jkf fashion :laughing:

Now your gonna play Security Gaurd on here? :rainbow2:

I actually like all my friends on JK-Forum they have never done me wrong and I can count on them to not leave me behind. I would do the same for them if it came to that point. Even if I ran into someone on this forum on a trail that needed assistance I would help them. Who cares what forum I am from as long as I wheel and have fun doing it. There is already enough hate in the world why breed more?

See yah out on the trails...

FYI The Citation on Cleghorn was given up on top of the little climb to the towers... there was alcohol in the vehicle and the guy who had it was being a jackhole.

Riverkid
03-18-2009, 05:42 PM
I actually like all my friends on JK-Forum they have never done me wrong and I can count on them to not leave me behind. I would do the same for them if it came to that point. Even if I ran into someone on this forum on a trail that needed assistance I would help them. Who cares what forum I am from as long as I wheel and have fun doing it. There is already enough hate in the world why breed more?

See yah out on the trails...

FYI The Citation on Cleghorn was given up on top of the little climb to the towers... there was alcohol in the vehicle and the guy who had it was being a jackhole.

Np bro come out with us anytime. Should be a good summer let's do some runs...:)

SDMF
03-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Open container and being an idiot, that clears that up. :shaking:

so_calif_rubi
03-18-2009, 10:20 PM
WOW!!!! Too much Typing and not enough :beer::jeep2::beer::shaking:

SDMF
03-19-2009, 08:21 AM
WOW!!!! Too much Typing and not enough :beer::jeep2::beer::shaking:

:beer::jeep2::beer: is what got that guy ticketed. :D

MrBash
03-19-2009, 09:57 AM