jk side view mount question [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: jk side view mount question

finishlinewestfabricator
02-24-2009, 02:55 PM
so i am going to make a mount for the mirrors when you have your doors off
i was thinking about using the windshield brackets . would you guys rather use your stock mirrors or would you be more inclined to buy a secondary mirror so that you dont have to remove the stock ones from the doors?:grinpimp:

WTF_LOL
02-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I would like to have a secondary mirror on a window mount with a quick release connection.

I had considered the idea ow a window mount light bracket that has provisions for a quick release mirror connection so you can pop it off or throw it on when you take the doors off without having to turn any bolts

Jason
02-24-2009, 03:38 PM
I bought the Olympic mirrors (Quadratec, I think). They were cheap and are easy to put on and take off (literally like 1 minute to do so).

BaltChief
02-24-2009, 05:20 PM
I want a mirror I can use with the AEV snorkel and Bestop soft doors......HELP!!!!!

jofly
02-24-2009, 07:28 PM
I made a bracket out of light angle iron, painted it flat black, removed two screws from the windsheild bracket and mounted it there. Picked up a 5$ mirror at autozone and installed it. Takes about a minute to install, and it looks good believe it or not, sorry no pic's at the time.:smokin:

seer
02-25-2009, 03:55 PM
If you put a secondary mirror on it, make it quick release so it's easy to deal with when we put the hard doors back on.

finishlinewestfabricator
02-25-2009, 07:45 PM
thanks for the input i will be working on them this weekend:bounce:

DED HED
02-25-2009, 08:11 PM
I would like something that I can keep on all the time, so I can use it with my soft doors and the regular doors. I have the Rugged Ridge ones right now, but the passenger side is basically useless. It wouldn't matter to me if it reused the factory ones, or I had to purchase new ones.

Mr.RonGilbert
02-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I would like something that I can keep on all the time, so I can use it with my soft doors and the regular doors. I have the Rugged Ridge ones right now, but the passenger side is basically useless. It wouldn't matter to me if it reused the factory ones, or I had to purchase new ones.

I went ahead and ordered the mirror movers that come with the black steel filler plate to just move the mirrors once and just leave them alone. Hopefully they will be as functional as the stock location. It reuses the same hardware and just moves the mirrors to the windshield brackets. For only $49 bucks it seems like a cheap fix...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm

Anyone running these?

kerryp
02-25-2009, 08:49 PM
I went ahead and ordered the mirror movers that come with the black steel filler plate to just move the mirrors once and just leave them alone. Hopefully they will be as functional as the stock location. It reuses the same hardware and just moves the mirrors to the windshield brackets. For only $49 bucks it seems like a cheap fix...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm

Anyone running these?

Sounds like the Rugged Ridge since I think they are the only ones that have a black filler plate (that I know of), I have them on mine and as said, the passenger side mirror is mostly hidden by the pillar. I installed a small round mirror on it to provide some what of a view, but don't expect a good view of your pass mirror.

Mr.RonGilbert
02-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Sounds like the Rugged Ridge since I think they are the only ones that have a black filler plate (that I know of), I have them on mine and as said, the passenger side mirror is mostly hidden by the pillar. I installed a small round mirror on it to provide some what of a view, but don't expect a good view of your pass mirror.

great....... we will see how it works out. That is the side that is hard to see anyway. You can look over your shoulder out the left side but the passenger side is tough enough already...

finishlinewestfabricator
03-02-2009, 07:04 PM
:bounce: ok well the passenger side is done and i think you guys will like it . i will post some pics tomorrow. :bounce:
oh and you can see out of the passenger mirror just fine

finishlinewest
03-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Here is a link to the post on the new mirrors.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=91182#post91182