5.5-6.5” Long Arm Suspension System – Jeep JK 2-door & 4-door [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: 5.5-6.5” Long Arm Suspension System – Jeep JK 2-door & 4-door

BDS-Tech
02-24-2009, 07:04 AM
5.5-6.5” Long Arm Suspension System – 2007 Jeep JK 2-door & 4-door

Coldwater, MI—March 4, 2008—After many months of testing, BDS is proud to release the new 4-Link long arm system for the ’07-08 Jeep Wrangler. This system is a true symphony of off road performance and on road handling. The 4-Link long arm system offers improved caster angles which improves steering control for on road handling as well as high speed off road use. Disconnect the sway bars with the BDS Ultimate disconnects and you’ll see the system really perform. The re-buildable and greasable flex arms allow the suspension to flex over any obstacle while the track bar relocation systems help to reduce the roll center.

In order to offer this type of extreme flex, the BDS Pro-Ride coils were designed to be able to fully collapse and still return to their original height. Repetitive off road use won’t even phase these coils springs! Braided, stainless brake lines with Kevlar lining are included to enhance braking performance as well as allow for extreme wheel travel.

This complete system also includes a forged dropped pitman arm for reduced steering angles, bump stop extensions, rear sway bar relocation and easy to follow installation instructions.

Mikey's Rubi
02-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Does BDS really stand for Big Dick Suspensions? That is awesome. Gogrlgo on this forum has your 6.5" long arm and it is pretty killer. I think she literally has a tree that grows money because she is putting a d60 in the front in the next few weeks. I need to cut down that tree and plant it in my yard.

BDS-Tech
02-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Yes, There was a time when Big Dick's Suspension was our name!! We took it off the boxes and the main label because it was offensive to some. We are BDS now but, we will forever be Big Dick's!!

Mikey's Rubi
02-26-2009, 07:54 AM
You could always say that Dick was your great grandfathers name and his was a fat man. Then you could get away with calling it that!

karnuvore
02-26-2009, 08:27 AM
saw a liquor store called "big dick liquors" once.

Mikey's Rubi
02-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Saw one once called Lick Big Diquors...hmmm...wonder if it was owned by Big Dick's dyslexic sister. Sorry...I'm tired.

Back on point, BDS' website:

http://www.bds-suspension.com/

BeerMonkeY
02-28-2009, 08:12 PM
any close ups of the kit

car-67
02-28-2009, 09:16 PM
How much $?

BDS-Tech
03-02-2009, 08:13 AM
The prices range from 2800-2900$ 5.5-6.5" long arm kits, roughly I have some more vehicles with the kits installed but, instruction sheets are the only close up pictures I have.

afoulk
03-03-2009, 03:56 PM
can Schrockworks sliders still be mounted with this kit? I can't tell by the picture if the mount for the rear arms would interfere with the rear mount for the sliders.

Proud Rebel
03-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Looks like they're well made. Does shocks come with the kit?

BDS-Tech
03-04-2009, 06:23 AM
By looking at the Schrockworks rock slider the rear mount will interfere with the rear control arm mount. We made a custom set of sliders for our JK. I may be able to get some plans for our custom set. Schrockworks sliders may be adaptable by relocating the rear mount forward slightly or wraping the middle two frame supports.

All of the BDS suspension lift kits come with heavy duty hydraulic shocks. We do have high pressure gas shocks available as an upgrade. All our shocks and stabilizer cylinders are covered under a limited lifetime warranty.

BDS-Tech
03-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Here are some pictures of our JK 4-door with our custom rock sliders. Check it out!

mcnaught6
03-04-2009, 10:04 AM
what is the length of your front and rear upper arms, as compared to the stock upper arms?

BDS-Tech
03-04-2009, 11:11 AM
The front upper control arms are adjusted to 22-1/4" , The rear upper arms are adjusted to 26" for the two door 5.5" kit and 25-1/2" for the 6.5" four door kit. Let me know if you need anything else.

sn4cktime
03-04-2009, 05:26 PM
closeups of components?

BDS-Tech
03-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Here is the kit picture, what you see is what you get. All parts are made in the U.S.A!!

Enjoy

sn4cktime
03-05-2009, 02:41 PM
1) Fully bolt-on, or partial weld?

2) Tubing used for arms?

3) Joint types

4) Warranty

Thanks for the answers

BDS-Tech
03-05-2009, 02:56 PM

Bolt on mostly, very minor welding and cutting required.

2) Tubing used for arms?

1/4" wall heavy steel tubing

3) Joint types

Flex ends- "Johnny Joints"

4) Warranty

Lifetime "No questions asked" We will warranty BDS parts no matter what you do to them. We often tell people that we don't care if you drive it off a cliff!! If it brakes we will replace it!!

Let me know if you need anything else.

DucaBrothers
03-05-2009, 07:44 PM
BDS Rocks! I have to send my pic to the pride and joy section ! I have BDS decals on my Jeep recommend awesome ride : )

mmcan
03-06-2009, 05:10 PM
saw a liquor store called "big dick liquors" once.

As an aside,...

In the Vail Valley, In Avon just down the hill from Beaver Creek ski resort, lies the best place to buy ETOH,...

Beaver Liquors!!!

http://www.beaverliquors.com/

Moose512
03-07-2009, 09:27 AM
BDS makes a great product!! Long arm was not out yet when I put my 4.5" lift on (added 1" body lift).
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/Moose512/Ocala/0cab65e0.jpg?t=1236446689

SASQUATCH
03-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Nice kit, will have to watch the reviews on this one :smokin:

SASQUATCH
03-07-2009, 11:48 AM

Bolt on mostly, very minor welding and cutting required.

2) Tubing used for arms?

1/4" wall heavy steel tubing

3) Joint types

Flex ends- "Johnny Joints"

4) Warranty

Lifetime "No questions asked" We will warranty BDS parts no matter what you do to them. We often tell people that we don't care if you drive it off a cliff!! If it brakes we will replace it!!

Let me know if you need anything else.

That's awesome you stand behind your kit like that. I might have read wrong or didn't see it in the pic you posted but I was looking for the flex ends on the lower control arms and don't see them. Also for the price you posted doesn't look like a front/rear trackbar is included, is this a separate option or no any plans in the future to complete your kit with them?

For example TeraFlex's kit has them on their LA control arms http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=TF-1257600

same with Full Traction http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=FTS-7340

Appreciate the clarification

HoodBoogie
03-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Why the double steering stabilizers? extra band-aids?

SASQUATCH
03-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Sweet, well I talked to their Tech @BDS and have some clarification on the Johnny Joints, how theirs are setup, etc, they will be adding to this thread some of those specs. Great to be able to talk to a live person about kit specifics, hard to find that these days.

BDS-Tech
03-09-2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.bds-suspension.com/pdfs/014671-4.pdf

I had some questions about the "flex ends" and I wanted to give you guys a better look at the control arms. The link above is our BDS instillation sheet and has some pictures of the control arms. They are equipped with a urethane mount at the axle end to decrease road feed back. The flex end at both ends transfer a significant amount of road noise. Let me know if you guys need anything else!

Thanks for the call Sasquatch!!

BDS-Tech
03-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Bill at Monroeville Chrysler Jeep sent me an email about how much he liked our BDS kits. He also sent me some unique photos of the Oasis edition JK that they put together for Sema. If your looking for a great Jeep guy look him up they are located in south west PA just outside of Pittburgh!!