FACTORY STEREO WIRING [Archive] - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

: FACTORY STEREO WIRING

MOTO X JK
02-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Does anyone know what wires behind the radio I can hook too for sound? I am trying to put an amp and sub into my JK keeping the factory single disc radio and can not figure out what wires to hook the inline converter too. I did this in my 2008 ram 2500 and the wires on the back of the jk radio are similar, but not exactly the same.:confused:

MOTO X JK
02-24-2009, 01:35 PM
ANYONE?? HELLO?...............

finishlinewestfabricator
02-24-2009, 01:43 PM
are you just trying to install a high low converter?

BigO
02-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Here's the wiring diagram. Maybe this will get you going...

finishlinewestfabricator
02-24-2009, 02:25 PM
if you have a factory amplified system you will just toast the high low converter if you get the wires after the amp

MOTO X JK
02-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks BigO...I think that is exactly what I need. I saved the pic and will try it in the next week or two. Thanks for the help!

MOTO X JK
02-24-2009, 08:36 PM
if you have a factory amplified system you will just toast the high low converter if you get the wires after the amp
I will make sure to pick up the signal BEFORE the amp. Thanks for the tip

hscrugby
02-27-2009, 07:43 AM

Umm.
if you go BEFORE the amp, you won't get any volume changes, eq changes, etc etc.
you will have to either take the stock amp completely out, and use the four channel from the radio, (still a "high power" output) or make sure to get a high/low converter that can handle the wattage from the amp. (Not hard to find)
the radio just tells the amp what to do via the canbus for volume and eq settings.

MOTO X JK
03-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I found a transarent blue one w, gain control. That should do it I would think, right?

hscrugby
03-10-2009, 08:19 PM
I found a transarent blue one w, gain control. That should do it I would think, right?

Sorry I'm slow to reply, but no.
I don't know what that wire is, but it's not what you think it is.

If you want volume control, you need to go after the stock amp, or pull it out completely.

Jk'n all day
11-07-2010, 10:30 AM
would this diagram still work if the stereo wasnt amplified

mikeyfl
11-07-2010, 12:20 PM
would this diagram still work if the stereo wasnt amplified

i have this thread bookmarked:
http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24340&highlight=speaker

i have the stock radio as well and will be using this as i install my sound processor and amp.